Author Topic: Supplements for height?  (Read 5460 times)

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
Supplements for height?
« on: January 25, 2006, 05:41:34 PM »
im about 5'5''  my mom is 5'  and my dad is 5'6''  is there a known supplement or nutrition that would help me get atleast 5'7'' or something?    im also 18...   sucks being short ....    :'(

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Supplements for height?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »
get your hands on some growth hormone asap before its too late, that is the only shit that will make you grow taller only if your growth plates havent fused yet
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:22:26 PM »
im about 5'5''  my mom is 5'  and my dad is 5'6''  is there a known supplement or nutrition that would help me get atleast 5'7'' or something?    im also 18...   sucks being short ....    :'(

Dunno, but drink heaps of milk for calcium too.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 09:09:01 PM »
hahaha i heard an ad on the radio yesterday for an "all natural supplement using amino acids" that is supposed to make you taller! seriously.
:-)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 04:39:55 AM »
you might still grow a little bit naturally since you're only 18
Z

body88

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 11:19:30 AM »
Take growth my college roomate was 5'2 70 lbs as a freshmen in highschool... His rich parents but him on growth thereapy through stanford research program the kid was 5'10 170 freshmen year of college  totally dif looking. when he showed me the pics it took a perents conformation for me to believe it was actially him even when i saaw the yearbook pic

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
There's a product called HeightMax I've only heard about.  Search the net and you might find what you're looking for. 

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 03:12:18 PM »
For all we talk about genetics limiting your muscle growth, i'm pretty surprised no one has suggested that 99% of your height comes from genetics.  Which is true.  I won't suggest a supplement, rather i'll wish you good luck.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
i feel your pain bo! it sucks being short! i'm just 5'6, and am 37! i was picked on alot when i was your age! i was so puny! it was pathetic! I'M 190LBS NOW!  the only thing i could suggest is to just eat big and train! you'll make up for it in muscle as time goes on! and remember my young jedi friend,  you are only 18! you are at the height OF YOUR  manhood and growth hormones are in overdive! you may be f'in huge in a year! however, if both your parents are short, and the shortness gene is in the family, i'd say you may be sol! just keep on pumping iron! and, if anybody picks on you,  PUNCH THEIR F'IN LIGHTS OUT!  GET TOUGH BRO! SHOW NO MERCY!    >:(

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 04:19:24 PM »
i feel your pain bo! it sucks being short! i'm just 5'6, and am 37! i was picked on alot when i was your age! i was so puny! it was pathetic! I'M 190LBS NOW!  the only thing i could suggest is to just eat big and train! you'll make up for it in muscle as time goes on! and remember my young jedi friend,  you are only 18! you are at the height OF YOUR  manhood and growth hormones are in overdive! you may be f'in huge in a year! however, if both your parents are short, and the shortness gene is in the family, i'd say you may be sol! just keep on pumping iron! and, if anybody picks on you,  PUNCH THEIR F'IN LIGHTS OUT!  GET TOUGH BRO! SHOW NO MERCY!    >:(

I don't think this is a toughness thing. He just wants to be taller cause it looks better, probably.

As for toughness, a mate of mine who used to play footy is only about 5'9" or so and was labelled Leagues toughest guy by Gordon Tallis, who is known to be quite the animal himself. So it's not necessarily height that counts. This dude would destroy me in a fight and he's got one coming up mid February.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »

As for toughness, a mate of mine who used to play footy is only about 5'9" or so and was labelled Leagues toughest guy by Gordon Tallis, who is known to be quite the animal himself. So it's not necessarily height that counts. This dude would destroy me in a fight and he's got one coming up mid February.

I've always found that the shorter guys are the ones who are always the psycho tough guys on the playing field. 

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »
For all we talk about genetics limiting your muscle growth, i'm pretty surprised no one has suggested that 99% of your height comes from genetics.  Which is true.  I won't suggest a supplement, rather i'll wish you good luck.

Yeah, it's in your family, however, my mother is about 5'9 or 5'10, my father is about 5'10 or 5'11. My bro is 5'11 and I'm 6'4". I drank a shitload of milk when I was younger (about 2 or 3 litres a day easy) and I still do (although I've cut back to try and lean up a little). However, my mother's uncles were all about 6'3" or 6'5" I think she's said, so sometimes I guess the genes skip a generation.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »

actually growin is an easier task to acomplish than purchasin expensive GH.

just go on a stellar anti-estrogen regimine as estrogen is responsible for epiphiseal plate closure.

if your plates dont close you will continue to grow way past your window of growth opurtunity hence past your genetic limitation.

if you can afford GH run that too .... you can then actively select your desired height.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »
If it means that much to you, well start praying, because the only thing that will make you surpass your genetic disposition for height is a miracle from God.

In all honesty, who cares, I'm hardly 5'8" and I could care less.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »
actually growin is an easier task to acomplish than purchasin expensive GH.

just go on a stellar anti-estrogen regimine as estrogen is responsible for epiphiseal plate closure.

if your plates dont close you will continue to grow way past your window of growth opurtunity hence past your genetic limitation.

if you can afford GH run that too .... you can then actively select your desired height.

that's very interesting freeagain....do you have any links to studies on this?
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 07:09:25 AM »
Yeah, it's in your family, however, my mother is about 5'9 or 5'10, my father is about 5'10 or 5'11. My bro is 5'11 and I'm 6'4". I drank a shitload of milk when I was younger (about 2 or 3 litres a day easy) and I still do (although I've cut back to try and lean up a little). However, my mother's uncles were all about 6'3" or 6'5" I think she's said, so sometimes I guess the genes skip a generation.

Yeah i'd credit some sort of genetic heritage rather than your consumption of milk.  Being healthy as a kid helps to achieve your genetic maximum, but in some cases (for some individuals) that is shorter than 5'10.

Case in Point: I had a very active childhood, but didn't eat right.  Having many of my dad's genes i ended up like virtually every one of his siblings- tall.

My brother had a more or less sedentary adolescence, and the worst diet you've ever seen.  He's still nearly 6'3 himself, albeit kind of lanky. 

Genes determine nearly everything.

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »
Its that word that everyone hates to hear.... "GENETICS"   haha atleast some of us... thanks for the inputs

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »
that's very interesting freeagain....do you have any links to studies on this?

i cannot find or have even bothered to look for any studies.

however this line of investigation is inspired by old opera singers from italy.

up untill over a century ago certain children identified with beautiful falsetto voices were castrated before puberty so their bodys produced no testosterone and more importantly no estrogen.

i think they were called 'castrates' and they were superstars back in the day ..... with amazin high pitched voices and young appearances ...  treated like whitney houston etc such was their fame and adulation. the adorin audiences would weep at their performances chantin 'god bless the knife' ,lol

interestingly enough these 'castrate' performers would continue to grow in height throughout their life up untill death in old age. they were indeed youthful , beautiful , slender, UNUSUALLY TALL  singers with truly s'hit curdlin high vocal ranges.

scientist have examined their skeletons and found their epiphiseal plates did not ossify (seal).
at first scientist hypothesised that a lack of test caused the growth plates to remain open but was proved to be a false assumption ... IT WAS THE LACK OF ESTROGEN. estrogen is proven to close growth plates.

it is therefore logical to assume that a potent anti-estrogen regimine implemented before plate closure will leave the bones capability to grow intact and natural GH production will have the desired effect.

if i was a dwarf (high lee  ;D) and in my mid teens i would experiment with nolv and an anti aromtase together to see if this strategy would work.

freeagain 'the thinker' hath spaketh.  8)

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 01:11:43 AM »
Yeah i'd credit some sort of genetic heritage rather than your consumption of milk.  Being healthy as a kid helps to achieve your genetic maximum, but in some cases (for some individuals) that is shorter than 5'10.

Case in Point: I had a very active childhood, but didn't eat right.  Having many of my dad's genes i ended up like virtually every one of his siblings- tall.

My brother had a more or less sedentary adolescence, and the worst diet you've ever seen.  He's still nearly 6'3 himself, albeit kind of lanky. 

Genes determine nearly everything.

Me too. I ate very poorly as a kid and I still don't eat much veggies and fruit at all. I'm about 6'4" and my mum once said that if I ate rigt when I was younger I may have been taller, because I play basketball and I always wanted to be around 6'5" or 6'6" to play.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 01:25:28 AM »

It may suck being short, ...but it sucks even more to be stupid.

Don't mess with your body at 18. The rest of your life is a very, very long time to have to live with the tragic consequences of an unwise decision.

Not everyone can be Shaquille O'Neill. Instead of putting so much focus on the physical, develop your other abilities, ...things you can control, ...and you'll be able to hold your own with women as well as men, regardless of how short you are.
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »
get your hands on some growth hormone asap before its too late, that is the only shit that will make you grow taller only if your growth plates havent fused yet
what kind of advice is that.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 09:33:23 PM »
the only advice proven to work I would say...

SG  ::)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:44:56 PM »
I'm 6'2" tall & at times i've actually wished I was of the shorter statured ppl. believe it or not.Anyway being tall is not all it's cracked up to be either.When we fall down we have further to go than you shorter ppl.  :)

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 09:34:36 PM »
so taking GH at 18 is healthy

how is it not healthy? documentation please.

SG  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 11:39:16 AM »
Take growth my college roomate was 5'2 70 lbs as a freshmen in highschool... His rich parents but him on growth thereapy through stanford research program the kid was 5'10 170 freshmen year of college  totally dif looking. when he showed me the pics it took a perents conformation for me to believe it was actially him even when i saaw the yearbook pic

So basically what you're saying is that... a 14 yr. old child, experienced puberty, and by the time he reached college he looked different? Amazing!!!  Just Amazing! :o

That reminds me of this guy ...from band camp... When he was born, he was so tiny, anyone could have picked him up. He weighed less than 10lbs. But his rich parents, fed him food, regularly, ...and by the time he was 7, you could barely tell it was the same guy! ...really!
w