Author Topic: NPC Border States 10-04 --> Road to the contest  (Read 4612 times)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
NPC Border States 10-04 --> Road to the contest
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »
Hey guys, after some deep thinking I've made of my mind to throw my hat into another contest. I'm going to take everything I learned from last time and apply it to this prep. I'm excited given a full 12 week prep and the proper sups for this one. I look forward to getting help and support from you guys again

Currently 220 and in decent shape I'll start cleaning up my diet some before the 7 of July when I start my prep

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Road to NPC border states oct 4th
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
arms delts are set,,,again traps/leg hardness/seperation/chest 'only due to those great delts..fair??assessment..

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
arms delts are set,,,again traps/leg hardness/seperation/chest 'only due to those great delts..fair??assessment..

Totally agree I need more sweep and SEPARATION that's what I'm shooting for this time around. 

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
You really need chest big time mike, arms and delts are set as njflex says.

You are holding ton of water, I'd get on the dry stuff PRONTO and clean the diet up quick; if you can get into shape a few weeks before hand you can grow into your show and come in bigger- plus the added effect of the muscle growing and pushing out against the skin, as opposed to getting big as fuck and dieting down and having loose skin (And thus less definition), this will be a better look for you man.

as for your chest, you need to hammer the fuck out of it cus your like the white phil heath in that regard. dont train arms or delts you got those, throw in extra chest work, go 2x a week and you can improve it a good deal- it won't be dominant like your arms and delts because you are arm and delt dominant, but you can improve it a good deal. Do lot of pre exhaust work on that second workout, 5 sets of pec dec flyes or something, then light presses but strong contraction and full ROM nice and slow- anything to take your tris and delts out of the movement. I really like machine inclines atm, they give me a lot of control with my rep speed and I can easily adjust the weight or do drop sets or whatever I feel like. You havent really posted about your supps, and I understand why devils in the detail though, and the detail comes from the diet in combo with solid supp protocol and quality supps. training diet and supps all gotta be on point to get best result.

but liek I said put the work in now and grow into that show you'll look a lot better and have more pop, none of that flatness, more of a full blown look.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »
he had a nice long thread from last progress from really out of shape to good then last part was contest portion,it had alot of crazy stuff thrown in as well 'wacky turns'twists 'humorous at times,i would put a thread somewhere else to track it,problem is if navy_mike wants traffic and lot of reads/posts it has to stay here good or bad in g/o board...

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:11 PM »
he had a nice long thread from last progress from really out of shape to good then last part was contest portion,it had alot of crazy stuff thrown in as well 'wacky turns'twists 'humorous at times,i would put a thread somewhere else to track it,problem is if navy_mike wants traffic and lot of reads/posts it has to stay here good or bad in g/o board...

yes i followed the thread pretty well. He did well for himself no doubt got in good shape considering his starting point.

He's at a good place to start if he can get rid of that water quickly IMO. I don't think he gained more than a couple %'s onto his actual bf, its just a lot of water. I'm lucky I don't have water issues like that.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
yes i followed the thread pretty well. He did well for himself no doubt got in good shape considering his starting point.

He's at a good place to start if he can get rid of that water quickly IMO. I don't think he gained more than a couple %'s onto his actual bf, its just a lot of water. I'm lucky I don't have water issues like that.
for him his structure overall good,down point he's a stocky build type 'ok'works well in the end if on point ,its he holds water abs/pecs easy smooth look and that is focal point you see either on beach or stage 'dry'look needed ,thats his water spot,i'm opposite legs i needed to squeeze water out'seperation wise..

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
for him his structure overall good,down point he's a stocky build type 'ok'works well in the end if on point ,its he holds water abs/pecs easy smooth look and that is focal point you see either on beach or stage 'dry'look needed ,thats his water spot,i'm opposite legs i needed to squeeze water out'seperation wise..

im the same way as you bro, upper body can be sliced but legs look offseason. then you diet more and lose more fat so the legs look more cut and upper body looks weak..... even if its ripped even more than before.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »
You really need chest big time mike, arms and delts are set as njflex says.

You are holding ton of water, I'd get on the dry stuff PRONTO and clean the diet up quick; if you can get into shape a few weeks before hand you can grow into your show and come in bigger- plus the added effect of the muscle growing and pushing out against the skin, as opposed to getting big as fuck and dieting down and having loose skin (And thus less definition), this will be a better look for you man.

as for your chest, you need to hammer the fuck out of it cus your like the white phil heath in that regard. dont train arms or delts you got those, throw in extra chest work, go 2x a week and you can improve it a good deal- it won't be dominant like your arms and delts because you are arm and delt dominant, but you can improve it a good deal. Do lot of pre exhaust work on that second workout, 5 sets of pec dec flyes or something, then light presses but strong contraction and full ROM nice and slow- anything to take your tris and delts out of the movement. I really like machine inclines atm, they give me a lot of control with my rep speed and I can easily adjust the weight or do drop sets or whatever I feel like. You havent really posted about your supps, and I understand why devils in the detail though, and the detail comes from the diet in combo with solid supp protocol and quality supps. training diet and supps all gotta be on point to get best result.

but liek I said put the work in now and grow into that show you'll look a lot better and have more pop, none of that flatness, more of a full blown look.

Fantastic! Thank you makes perfect sense, I feel like that will work very well for me. If you want we can pm about the supps

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »
spend some time tonight and came up with what i plan on following for the next few weeks to tighten up. If i stay on cardio this should do the trick... I lower the carbs at 10 weeks out and start carb cycling this time and start with 2 days low carb one day high and one mod.. as the weeks progress i will lower the amount of carbs on the high day and then start adding more low and mod carb days.. i think the low days will be around 70g or so until the last 3 weeks when ill drop it ultra low for 3 or 4 days then refeed on the high day then right back down to low days... this is the plan anyways

Meal 1  1 ½ cup egg whites  6.5 oz potatoes .7oz almonds
Meal 2 7oz lean turkey, and 6.5oz potatoes
Meal 3 7oz lean turkey, and 6.5oz potatoes .7oz almonds
Meal 4 7oz lean turkey, and 6.5oz potatoes
Meal 5 7oz lean turkey, and 6.5oz potatoes .7oz almonds
Meal 6 7oz lean turkey, and 6.5oz potatoes
 PROTIEN: 295g 50%                      1180 cal       
CARBS:  220g  37%                         880 cal                    2735 total
FATS : 75g 13%                                675 cal

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »
Fantastic! Thank you makes perfect sense, I feel like that will work very well for me. If you want we can pm about the supps

yeah shoot me a pm, lmk what you did last time and what you plan to do this time around and I'll see if you can improve it at all

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »
i don't know what core thinks,,but that diet while good on paper ,is same protein meal in and out and fats,i would say you have to get the best sources and mix them up..it could be 3-4 days of this and swap lean meat 'red'good for fullness and aminos.and fish/fish/fish very good source on other days or wk on of what u wroye ,next week mis turk/red meat/fish in and out each meal,fats are good bur while you getting slowly back eat pbutter too..that same diet your body will adapt and not give you same look/results you would have previous,,fullness and muscle look needs to be maintained best it can while dieting,need to give body no chance to get used to same ol same ol...eat salad too with plain balsamic keeps you not hungry..your so far aaway just get beach lean for now...

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »
i don't know what core thinks,,but that diet while good on paper ,is same protein meal in and out and fats,i would say you have to get the best sources and mix them up..it could be 3-4 days of this and swap lean meat 'red'good for fullness and aminos.and fish/fish/fish very good source on other days or wk on of what u wroye ,next week mis turk/red meat/fish in and out each meal,fats are good bur while you getting slowly back eat pbutter too..that same diet your body will adapt and not give you same look/results you would have previous,,fullness and muscle look needs to be maintained best it can while dieting,need to give body no chance to get used to same ol same ol...eat salad too with plain balsamic keeps you not hungry..your so far aaway just get beach lean for now...

Heres what I think. You're going to get bored of that diet real quick. Its very generic. I highly recommend having 2 or 3 different meals to pick from. Have chicken, beef, fish, all in your fridge and add carbs to each meal as you see fit. Keep protein the same, but use the carbs to adjust your cals as needed. If you are on the right supps you will not lose an ounce of lean tissue. l also think you can drop one of the meals and you'd be fine. You would lose fat faster by cutting out a meal. If you get too stringy you can always add it back in. Or up carbs in another meal. Personally I suggest staying away from veges as they can bloat you or at least they do it to me.  Get creative in the kitchen too, I eat fajitas just chicken ajd rice with tortilla and fats dropping off nicely. Don't have to have boring cookie cutter diet to get lean, but be realistic and dont go overboard. Make sure sodium is at absolute minimum since you are water prone.drink plenty too, and no not what shizzo likes lol. Njflex has great advice too take him up on it, but beware of the greens they can and will bloat you if you aren't used to veges being a staple in your diet.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
Heres what I think. You're going to get bored of that diet real quick. Its very generic. I highly recommend having 2 or 3 different meals to pick from. Have chicken, beef, fish, all in your fridge and add carbs to each meal as you see fit. Keep protein the same, but use the carbs to adjust your cals as needed. If you are on the right supps you will not lose an ounce of lean tissue. l also think you can drop one of the meals and you'd be fine. You would lose fat faster by cutting out a meal. If you get too stringy you can always add it back in. Or up carbs in another meal. Personally I suggest staying away from veges as they can bloat you or at least they do it to me.  Get creative in the kitchen too, I eat fajitas just chicken ajd rice with tortilla and fats dropping off nicely. Don't have to have boring cookie cutter diet to get lean, but be realistic and dont go overboard. Make sure sodium is at absolute minimum since you are water prone.drink plenty too, and no not what shizzo likes lol. Njflex has great advice too take him up on it, but beware of the greens they can and will bloat you if you aren't used to veges being a staple in your diet.

I should have stated that the meat can be chicken, fish, turkey or shrimp

The carbs can be oats, Potatos, white or sweet. And or rice as long as the macros are the same.

I've been thinking about adding a steak in every other nights at the last meal for fats as well

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »
I gotcha. Dont overcomplicate things but have the variety. Btw I'd get the oats out of there man takes way too long to digest imo.good for adding size but has no place in a contest diet especially if you hold water like you do, they stay in your system too long you want your carbs digested fast in and out used only for energy. Shoot me a pm when you get a chance also. Steak os good for a treat for sure its a solid choice this fsr out but once you get closer like 4 weeks out I think white fish is best choice or chicken. Red meat has lot of sodium in n you can't afford to have too much in there

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »
cool core...thats why eating some 'red meat'as you start losing for now is ok,plenty time...enjoy summer in good lean shape'beach/gym'lean

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NPC Border States 10-04 --> Road to the contest
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 08:03:37 PM »

Very cool - I will be there taking pics for BB.com and NPC News.  Should be fun. The contest will be at the Scottish Rite Center in San Diego.

Saturday, Oct 4th - 8:00am - Men's Bodybuilders athlete brief followed by weigh-ins/check-ins.   
Saturday, Oct 4th - 10:00am - Judging   
Saturday, Oct 4th - 6:00pm - Finals for all classes   

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »
Biggest flaw...chest or lack thereof.  Focus on that thing!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »

Very cool - I will be there taking pics for BB.com and NPC News.  Should be fun. The contest will be at the Scottish Rite Center in San Diego.

Saturday, Oct 4th - 8:00am - Men's Bodybuilders athlete brief followed by weigh-ins/check-ins.   
Saturday, Oct 4th - 10:00am - Judging   
Saturday, Oct 4th - 6:00pm - Finals for all classes   

damn san diego.. i love that city i used to live in mira mesa. i have friends still there, they have a sick beach house over on mission beach.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 08:41:35 PM »
Hey guys been upping the cardio and water intake. Water is starting to come off. I'm holding a bit due to vitamin d.   Looking it just kill it before the diet starts kickin in and the strength decreases. So far I feel great and liking my starting point

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
Good work man big improvement! I think you got a good shot at this contest dude. Thats great changes in just a few days be proud of.yourself and keep hittin it hard.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:56:35 AM »
Suffer for us.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:16 AM »
Lookin gorgeous and muscly navy!

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Good work man big improvement! I think you got a good shot at this contest dude. Thats great changes in just a few days be proud of.yourself and keep hittin it hard.

Yes sir I will! I want to take one home for get big this time!!

Core

• Getbig III
!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »
 could beef up the traps a bit too mike  delts overpower em.... damnit stop pinning delts! jk