Author Topic: Why do you Take steroids?  (Read 2632 times)

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Why do you Take steroids?
« on: January 25, 2006, 05:45:01 PM »
I just want to get both sides ;) it's not like I don't think about doing a cycle now and again myself. This question is really for people with no aspirations to compete.

So if not to compete then why? I'd also be interested to know your age if you leave an answer.

whitewidow

Re: Why do you Take steroids?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
I'm 24 and I started using this year mainly to break though annoying plateus- helps prevent over-traning and recovery time- I was sick of only being able to train legs once a week- they would just get to sore and overtrained feeling- mainly just tired of feeling over-trained and like shit all the time.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 05:55:16 PM »
to get big bro! why else

muscle
muscle

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
to get big bro! why else

muscle

Yeah I see your point  :) But most guys who don't want to compete want to be big either for an advantage with chiks or for respect, surely you already achieved those goals long before you felt you needed steroids to improve?

I think I know where you are coming from and I also want to be bigger now just for sheer love of bodybuilding (just to be bigger than every other guy), and I don't really give a sh"t what people think about that :). But it's not enoough on it's own for me to risk my health :-\. What about you is it really just to be big or is there some other reason that you wanna be big in the first place?

I guess I'm asking why you need to be steroid big and not just natural big ???.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »
I just want to get both sides ;) it's not like I don't think about doing a cycle now and again myself. This question is really for people with no aspirations to compete.

So if not to compete then why? I'd also be interested to know your age if you leave an answer.
75% of the reason is for competitive reasons, but the other 25% applies to the question here, and the answer is simple:

To be bigger and stronger then you, and a 100% walking man beast, just like God intended man to be ;D
Let the strong survive, and the week gravel at my feet!

"Crush enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of the women...yes that is good." (Arnold, as Conan the Barbarian)

...hmm,maybe the 75%/25% ratio was a little off?

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »
I'm 24 and I started using this year mainly to break though annoying plateus- helps prevent over-traning and recovery time- I was sick of only being able to train legs once a week- they would just get to sore and overtrained feeling- mainly just tired of feeling over-trained and like shit all the time.

So you cycle? I guess because I often train with cyclers I see them more objective than they see themselves and they just seem to be up and down but IMO in the long term they fare no better than I have, in most cases worse.

Sure juice is good for comps because it helps you peak at the right time, or it's essential at pro level. But is cycling even an advantage if you seek to look big/good year round? In the past I've trained with steroid users and I've always had the last laugh (infact in the past few years they never had a laugh at all) when they come off.

PS: If you train with juicers you get their mental drive just by being around them for no risk, and without the apathy they go through in metabolic lag (just a suggestion).  

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »

To be bigger and stronger then you

If you want to be stronger than me...

Then you really will need steroids ;D and probably alot more than you can afford 8)
If I were you I'd forget it this is one war that you can never win!

whitewidow

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 08:35:09 PM »
If you want to be stronger than me...

Then you really will need steroids ;D and probably alot more than you can afford 8)
If I were you I'd forget it this is one war that you can never win!

sure assrimmer.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »

Mainly just to help with training.  I don't train to get big because I am already big.  For my height I'm very large, so that's not the issue.  I only care about strength, so the AAS help me out with maxes and recovery.  I can train with fullout intensity, do an hour of cardio thereafter and come back and train another bodypart two days later. 

I don't do it for the women, they come anyway.  I do it because I love it.  There's nothing like having the strength to move hundreds of pounds on command.  It's like having the ability to move people out of your way with ease.  Power at your disposal. 

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

adren

• Getbig II
  • musclecreation.com
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
I'm 32 now, but ive been a hard gainer all my life. Always skinny despite the amount of food i ate, and i just got tired of it i guess. I dont use a/s much now since i dont need to but every once and awhile i like to do a mild cycle and get that good feeling back and to make more gains, if even for a short while. I've never had a desire to compete.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »

I guess i mainly just wanted to see for myself what performance drugs were all about.  Alotta buddies of mine were using and I got sick and tired of hearing them talk about how great it was...Then i did a ton of research for about 2 yrs or so and got sick and tired of reading about how great they were, so I finally had one of those F*** it moments and decided to get on a cycle....I've loved it ever since and plan on competing in June!  Theres nothing magic about it by any means but damn they (anabolics) make building muscle a reality instead of just a vague dream!

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »

an efficiency argument.. to get from a to b quicker than you could naturally.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »

Makes sense

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 07:05:49 PM »

B= bigger, better, buff ;)

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
biggest thing that i worry about is my health, its easy to want to do a huge cycle but for me, its not worth the risk of something bad to happen, i keep my cycles good, sometimes lengthy but respectable to my body and what i can handle, if i can grow off 750mg test, why bump that to 1000mg? theres no point to do that. keep ot simple and grow baby grow!\

muscle
muscle

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 07:28:35 PM »

I'm 25 and I wanna be big. Why else would u take 'em? It looks good, regardless if u compete or not.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
sure assrimmer.

No really I truly doubt you will ever be as strong as me no matter what!