Author Topic: If you ate an 2000 calorie meal-how much fat did you gain???  (Read 2527 times)

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
I mean if you eat an big meal full of carbs,do you gain more than your calories eaten due to the insulin of that carbs released???

for example you ate an 2000 calorie meal and the body use imediately 500 calories and the rest 1500 stores as fat... but if you eat an icecream of 2000calories,do you gain more than 2000 calories due to big insulin spike?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: If you ate an 2000 calorie meal-how much fat did you gain???
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of sand?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »
Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of sand?

A pound of nails retard.  ::)

Same as a cannon ball falls faster than a bullet, the earth is flat and was created by God.

Some people  ::)

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
no guys I dont know how to ask the question,I mean does for example 1000 calories from carbs can accumulate on you more than 1000 calories of stored fat (due to insulin release)...so for example if you eat an surplus of calories from carbs or fat or protein for let say 700kcal,that is 100 grams of fat on your body...but what if you eat an surplus of only carbs of 700 kcal,do you gain more fat than a surplus from fat/protein???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:57:06 PM »
no guys I dont know how to ask the question,I mean does for example 1000 calories from carbs can accumulate on you more than 1000 calories of stored fat (due to insulin release)...so for example if you eat an surplus of calories from carbs or fat or protein for let say 700kcal,that is 100 grams of fat on your body...but what if you eat an surplus of only carbs of 700 kcal,do you gain more fat than a surplus from fat/protein???

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »
what benefit would anyone have to the answer of this question, I mean either you are disciplined to diet or you are not.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
what is this iifym shit you're talking about?
T

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
I wouldn't gain an oz of fat. But that's my skinny guy genetics.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
1. Due to the thermic effect of food it will take anywhere from 10-25% of those calories just to digest the carbs and proteins. So the meal sits at roughly 1,700.

2. Are you in a fasted state? Depleted glycogen? Will determine if the carbs go toward refilling liver/muscle glycogen as opposed to fat stores.

3. Is there fiber in this 2,000 calories? Fiber is indigestible but technically contains calories, however they can usually be subtracted. In the case of say; fiber from seeds etc. , it contains actual oils so it should be considered..Where as psyllium husk is almost purely fiber.

4. How big are you? How much lean mass do you carry? How much are you eating in addition to this meal throughout the day?

5. If the meal contains a high ammount of a protein source like steak, it will take hours to fully break down into usable amino acids, thus blunting the impact on fat stores. The fats have to be broken down in the liver before use, also slowing them down.

The list could go on depending on more details.

If you are already eating a maintenance diet and add 2,000 calories of white rice in 1 sitting, it is safe to say whatever your body doesn't use for energy within 2 hours which is probably 500 calories or so will be stored as a combination of glycogen and fat.
Roughly* 3,500 calories is 1lb of fat so 2,000-500=1,500-100(glycogen)=1,400 calories (roughly .4 lb of fat gain)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
I notice you also mentioned insulin,

Although the hype surrounding insulin is strong, it should be known that natural production of insulin is not nearly as abrupt or powerful as "super-physiological" doses of insulin administered by pro bodybuilders.

A lot of the hype surrounding "nutrition" in the industry is snowballed from what the pros do, and they inject copious amounts of exogenous insulin, amongst a laundry list of other compounds that alter various aspects of metabolism etc.. I would suspect this is the root of the insulin hype.

In reality the insulin a 20 year old healthy man produces from eating say a shake containing 50g whey iso and 100g simple sugars, and a meal containing  chicken and brown rice is not that much different, and won't have much difference in the long run if not in a huge caloric surplus. The average person living a healthy lifestyle and eating a balanced diet does not need to worry about insulin.

Unless you're slamming fast acting slin in your car post workout I would not concern myself with the word "insulin" at all...

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
1. Due to the thermic effect of food it will take anywhere from 10-25% of those calories just to digest the carbs and proteins. So the meal sits at roughly 1,700.

2. Are you in a fasted state? Depleted glycogen? Will determine if the carbs go toward refilling liver/muscle glycogen as opposed to fat stores.

3. Is there fiber in this 2,000 calories? Fiber is indigestible but technically contains calories, however they can usually be subtracted. In the case of say; fiber from seeds etc. , it contains actual oils so it should be considered..Where as psyllium husk is almost purely fiber.

4. How big are you? How much lean mass do you carry? How much are you eating in addition to this meal throughout the day?

5. If the meal contains a high ammount of a protein source like steak, it will take hours to fully break down into usable amino acids, thus blunting the impact on fat stores. The fats have to be broken down in the liver before use, also slowing them down.

If you are already eating a maintenance diet and add 2,000 calories of white rice in 1 sitting, it is safe to say whatever your body doesn't use for energy within 2 hours which is probably 500 calories or so will be stored as a combination of glycogen and fat.
Roughly* 3,500 calories is 1lb of fat so 2,000-500=1,500-100(glycogen)=1,400 calories (roughly .4 lb of fat gain)
I notice you also mentioned insulin,

Although the hype surrounding insulin is strong, it should be known that natural production of insulin is not nearly as abrupt or powerful as "super-physiological" doses of insulin administered by pro bodybuilders.

A lot of the hype surrounding "nutrition" in the industry is snowballed from what the pros do, and they inject copious amounts of exogenous insulin, amongst a laundry list of other compounds that alter various aspects of metabolism etc.. I would suspect this is the root of the insulin hype.

In reality the insulin a 20 year old healthy man produces from eating say a shake containing 50g whey iso and 100g simple sugars, and a meal containing  chicken and brown rice is not that much different, and won't have much difference in the long run if not in a huge caloric surplus. The average person living a healthy lifestyle and eating a balanced diet does not need to worry about insulin.

Unless you're slamming fast acting slin in your car post workout I would not concern myself with the word "insulin" at all...

wow, that is pretty fucken good answer  :)

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »

Solid.  But I might add that not all food is 100% bio available (not talking fiber).  Just because you eat it, doesn't mean you will extract every micro and macro nutrient... If that were true, we would poop fiber dust.

Also 2000 calories of Taco Bell will burn off 10-20% in the rectal healing process.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »
True....unabsorbed calories in poop is an interestingly confusing concept.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »
Temper, where dis knowledge come from

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 05:01:51 AM »
what benefit would anyone have to the answer of this question, I mean either you are disciplined to diet or you are not.

cause for example sunday is a cheat day for me,and yesterday i ate 3 meals.every meal was 2000 calories in one sit...
i ate 3 icecreams!
so i know that even if i ate that first ice cream in 5 small meals i wouldnt gain an ounce,but i ate it in one sit,so i was just wondering do the body produce more fat that the calories i ate

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 05:40:25 AM »
Brutal understanding of metabolic reactions.

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:55 AM »
Have I just logged into bb.com ?

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
Solid.  But I might add that not all food is 100% bio available (not talking fiber).  Just because you eat it, doesn't mean you will extract every micro and macro nutrient... If that were true, we would poop fiber dust.

Also 2000 calories of Taco Bell will burn off 10-20% in the rectal healing process.

Yes! I did think about this factor as it is quite intriguing to me, but alas I don't know enough about the phenomena to give any advice on it.

I can attest to the Taco Bell theory though, much like a burn victim your angus will need extra nutrients to repair the damages.

Temper, where dis knowledge come from

Just basic knowledge really. Anyone who has struggled to get either big or obtain any specific look has had to do heinous, unimaginable things...like read articles, textbooks and studies.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
cause for example sunday is a cheat day for me,and yesterday i ate 3 meals.every meal was 2000 calories in one sit...
i ate 3 icecreams!
so i know that even if i ate that first ice cream in 5 small meals i wouldnt gain an ounce,but i ate it in one sit,so i was just wondering do the body produce more fat that the calories i ate
oh I see, well you said cheat on Sunday, so that is 6 days in the bank, how many calories per day and how many carbs were taken in,  and even the number of weeks on this diet would play a role. How depleted you are counts

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »
good question

let do this as an experiment with a voluntar

it goes to bed and has 2000 calorie meal

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
good question

let do this as an experiment with a voluntar

it goes to bed and has 2000 calorie meal
People say that you store more when you go to bed because you do not move around a lot, makes sense, however you will wake up so dam hungry with severe hunger pains that the next day your metabolism shifts a great deal in you favor.

I used this concept for a cheat meal a night and would easily break even by evening of the next day

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »
True....unabsorbed calories in poop is an interestingly confusing concept.

I think we can all agree on the value of gently digested corn.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 06:15:49 PM »

Just basic knowledge really. Anyone who has struggled to get either big or obtain any specific look has had to do heinous, unimaginable things...like read articles, textbooks and studies.  ;D

so if this is true, then fat people are even more disgusting? Some of their food doesn't even go towards making themselves fat, they get caloric freebies.