Author Topic: Michelle obama is a moron.  (Read 41484 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Michelle obama is a moron.
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2014, 10:28:34 PM »
these two statements contradict each other

the second one of course is backpedaling when you decided not to support your first statement

No they don't contradict each other.  You only want them to because you don't have any argument except to Straw man your way through it.

It's cowardly and you know it.

You can't look at a chart that shows obesity rising (I assume we can agree that is what we both see in the chart) and make the claim that the chart shows that parents did not have the intention of feeding their kids healthy food and then claim that you weren't saying that it was the cause of the rise in obesity.   The chart is showing a rise in obesity so either your first statement or your second statement makes not sense.  They are mutually exclusive.  

I can do EXACTLY that because i didn't say it was cause, and i didn't say it was the only cause.  I could have said they weren't PAYING ATTENTION and that would have been correct statement too, and it wouldn't have meant i was saying it WAS THE CAUSE OR THE ONLY REASON

And because all you can do is Straw Man you have to stick with your misrepresentation of my argument............ cowardly.

You should have just dropped this idiotic premise 5 pages ago

No, you should manned up and stopped your bull shit Strawman Techniques and stop ignoring my other comments.

this is all about your idiotic premise about parental INTENT

let's look at the opposite

No, let's not look at the opposite,(which is likely another logical fallacy) let's go off WHAT I DID SAY, ALL OF MY COMMENTS

Can you do that Straw?   Or are you just a one trick pony who pretends to know anything about parenting?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Michelle Obama on Working Part-Time: 'I Was Getting Gypped'
ABC "News" ^ | 6/24/14
Posted on June 24, 2014 at 9:15:13 AM EDT by SoFloFreeper

At Monday's White House Summit on Working Families, first lady Michelle Obama admitted to a few of her own struggles as a working mother while making the case for flexible workplace policies for families.

"The first thing I tried to do, which was a mistake, was that I tried the part-time thing…I realized I was getting gypped on that front," she told ABC's Robin Roberts at the event, which aimed to bring attention to strengthening the nation's workforce by addressing various workplace difficulties. "What happened was I got a part-time salary but worked full time."

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
No they don't contradict each other.  You only want them to because you don't have any argument except to Straw man your way through it.

It's cowardly and you know it.

I can do EXACTLY that because i didn't say it was cause, and i didn't say it was the only cause.  I could have said they weren't PAYING ATTENTION and that would have been correct statement too, and it wouldn't have meant i was saying it WAS THE CAUSE OR THE ONLY REASON

And because all you can do is Straw Man you have to stick with your misrepresentation of my argument............ cowardly.

No, you should manned up and stopped your bull shit Strawman Techniques and stop ignoring my other comments.

No, let's not look at the opposite,(which is likely another logical fallacy) let's go off WHAT I DID SAY, ALL OF MY COMMENTS

Can you do that Straw?   Or are you just a one trick pony who pretends to know anything about parenting?

the chart only shows ONE THING

rising obesity rates (starting ~ late 70's)

If this comment is not claiming a cause for the only thing the chart shows then tell us what you're referring to if not the rising rate of obesity

Your graph show that parents are making the wrong choices for their kids and are not feeding them healthy food.  It shows PARENTS do not have the INTENTION to feed their kids healthy food.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #228 on: June 25, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »
the chart only shows ONE THING

rising obesity rates (starting ~ late 70's)

If this comment is not claiming a cause for the only thing the chart shows then tell us what you're referring to if not the rising rate of obesity

::)

It also shows the colors orange blue and white.

hhahahahhaha.  Now you are switching your focus to "show"?

Still can't show where i say "blank" is the CAUSE or ONLY CAUSE.

But I can show you where I say there are many causes.

Yet you deny misrepresenting my argument?

One trick pony.  

If you wanna discuss the causes let's do it, but stop your Straw Man games.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
Thanks to Michelle Obama, Chick-fil-A Banned from School
July 14, 2014
By Jennifer Burke

Socastee High School is saying goodbye to Chick-fil-A thanks to the nutritional guidelines for all schools as determined by Michelle Obama, who incidentally does not have a degree or even a certificate in nutrition. As a result of this change, not only will students not experience the tasty goodness that is Chick-fil-A, students in the Department of Special Education will be made to suffer the loss of their main fundraiser for field trips.

EAGNews reports that Socastee Principal Paul Browning said that the school will come into compliance with Michelle Obama’s guidelines, but it will amount to being able to sell pine bark and flavored water with extremely limited options for what students can purchase during the school day.

The director of food services for Horry County Schools, Laura Farmer, said, “We’re feeding the trash cans.” Unsatisfied with the new lunch offerings, students are throwing away the food and many have opted not to buy lunch at school, period. Both have resulted in a financial loss for the school district.

One former school board member, Wendy Day, told EAGNews, “I would tell her, mom to mom, to stay out of my child’s lunch box. She can feed her kids whatever she wants, but if I want to feed my kids a cupcake and a peanut butter sandwich, it isn’t her business. Here in fly over country, we like cupcakes.”

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/14/thanks-to-michelle-obama-chick-fil-a-banned-from-school/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »
July 14, 2014
By Jennifer Burke

Socastee High School is saying goodbye to Chick-fil-A thanks to the nutritional guidelines for all schools as determined by Michelle Obama, who incidentally does not have a degree or even a certificate in nutrition. As a result of this change, not only will students not experience the tasty goodness that is Chick-fil-A, students in the Department of Special Education will be made to suffer the loss of their main fundraiser for field trips.

EAGNews reports that Socastee Principal Paul Browning said that the school will come into compliance with Michelle Obama’s guidelines, but it will amount to being able to sell pine bark and flavored water with extremely limited options for what students can purchase during the school day.

The director of food services for Horry County Schools, Laura Farmer, said, “We’re feeding the trash cans.” Unsatisfied with the new lunch offerings, students are throwing away the food and many have opted not to buy lunch at school, period. Both have resulted in a financial loss for the school district.

One former school board member, Wendy Day, told EAGNews, “I would tell her, mom to mom, to stay out of my child’s lunch box. She can feed her kids whatever she wants, but if I want to feed my kids a cupcake and a peanut butter sandwich, it isn’t her business. Here in fly over country, we like cupcakes.”

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/14/thanks-to-michelle-obama-chick-fil-a-banned-from-school/

Michelle Obama is a pos - hopefully when she and Obama get divorced she and him can be roommates in the homeless shelter and forced to deal w each other

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »
http://eagnews.org/looks-more-like-a-piece-of-paper-than-a-sub-roll-new-york-schools-drop-michelle-os-lunch-program/

so yeah its basically exactly what I said.  smaller portions, (i.e. thin layers of processed carbohydrates instead of a thick layer of processed carbohydrates to remain in the allotted calorie amount) same food.  different lucky vendor who has cash coming in now from the Obama administration no matter how bad the food is.  yay government!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
"More than 75 percent of districts in New York are now losing money because of the federal lunch and snack regulations, he said."

i'll bet you $10 the vendors who supply the food won't lose ANY money on this deal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »

I love chik fila food, but seriously, the sodium is epic high.   We don't sell cigars or budweiser to kids because it's dangerous.  I'd be cool with low-sodium options, but seriously, a large meal is almost 100% of their daily rec'd... i'd prefer they sell the kids beer over 4000 mg per meal lol.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »
I love chik fila food, but seriously, the sodium is epic high.   We don't sell cigars or budweiser to kids because it's dangerous.  I'd be cool with low-sodium options, but seriously, a large meal is almost 100% of their daily rec'd... i'd prefer they sell the kids beer over 4000 mg per meal lol.

all of these foods from vendors who have to supply meat to such a large group will have high sodium foods.  its pretty tough to find a vendor who will provide that type of volume of meat (unless it's meat filled with byproduct) without a lot of sodium.  High salt = less chance of bacteria.  Its a pick your poison type of deal.

which is why a food that fits a particular set of macros may seem healthy but then you look at the sodium content and it all goes out the window. 

That's why i'm always so miserable any time I go to just about any restaurant.  they're ALL high sodium.  for some reason i'm especially sensitive to high salt foods.  I think its cuz my mom never used a lot and we never had it at the table as a kid.

like I said before, this food that they're giving the kids is all the same shit.  its just less of it.  its still crap food.  its just a little bit of crap.

this is what you get when you put the Presidents wife in charge of feeding the kids at public schools.  a solution based on ignorance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
this is what you get when you put the Presidents wife in charge of feeding the kids at public schools.  a solution based onignorance.

she is pushing for change - but she, nor obama, nor anyone else in washington control what schools serve, right?  that's still made at state and district levels? 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
she is pushing for change - but she, nor obama, nor anyone else in washington control what schools serve, right?  that's still made at state and district levels? 

I don't know.  all I really know of it is from what I read on here.  so then what exactly is she doing?  probably a whole lot of nothing.  she probably has very little to do with any of the actual decisions being made.  typical Washington bullshit.

I know about food service because my wife is partly in charge of food service at a hospital.  she's a registered dietitian. 

meat is very expensive to preserve and ship.  that's why I have a hard time believing that someone will provide better meat at a similar price.  its all smoke and mirrors. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:17 PM »
I don't know.  all I really know of it is from what I read on here.  so then what exactly is she doing?  probably a whole lot of nothing.  she probably has very little to do with any of the actual decisions being made.  typical Washington bullshit.

I know about food service because my wife is partly in charge of food service at a hospital.  she's a registered dietitian. 

meat is very expensive to preserve and ship.  that's why I have a hard time believing that someone will provide better meat at a similar price.  its all smoke and mirrors. 

I was pretty sure she was doing photo ops & making suggestions for guidelines which states/districts/schools could adopt if they choose.

I wasn't aware of any outright legislation REQUIRING change on a national level, but it may have happened.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
I was pretty sure she was doing photo ops & making suggestions for guidelines which states/districts/schools could adopt if they choose.

I wasn't aware of any outright legislation REQUIRING change on a national level, but it may have happened.

and I just think these "suggestions" are simply giving kids crap, but just a little crap, instead of a little more crap from a food vendor that's not Chik-Fil-A. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »
its the typical opinion of an ignorant person who probably couldn't do a correct pullup, pushup, or run a mile in less than 10 minutes to save her life, who thinks that low calorie = healthy.  high calorie = unhealthy.

so now they have all of the same food.  just less of it and the kids aren't happy with it because they're still fucking hungry. 

idiots.

its the same people who think that the 100 calorie Oreo pack is a healthy snack because its under 100 calories.  now these same people are trying to legislate their ignorant, idiotic ideas and force it upon our public school system.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
Michelle Obama Repeatedly Flubs Candidate's Name While Campaigning For Him
Fox ^ | October 10, 2014 | Staff
Posted on October 11, 2014 3:19:44 PM EDT by lbryce

What’s in a name? For Michelle Obama, a whole lot of confusion.

While campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa Friday for Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley, she referred to him multiple times as “Bailey” before she was corrected by someone shouting from the audience.

The flub came despite a huge array of signs in the hall where she was speaking, all spelling Braley’s name correctly

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Garbage Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2014, 02:54:35 AM »
Cool thread, bro.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »

Michelle Obama Mocks Democratic Voters: 'I Ain’t Going to Vote... I Couldn’t Wake Up'

8:01 AM, Oct 16, 2014 • By JERYL BIER

Share on email

Send to Kindle   

Single Page

Print

Larger Text

Smaller Text

Alerts

reCAPTCHA challenge image Get a new challengeGet an audio challengeGet a visual challengeHelp 

In speeches designed to fire up Democrats to vote in midterm elections, President Obama has at times described voters in his party as having a "congenital defect." Wednesday, First Lady Michelle Obama suggested the problem might just be that they're sleepy.

Mrs. Obama spoke at a rally in Philadelphia for the Democratic candidate for governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf. In an effort to boost turnout in November, the first lady told the crowd that she runs across voters "who are like, no, I ain’t going to vote, or I couldn’t wake up." But she stressed that every vote matters:

So this is where -- when I find people who are like, no, I ain’t going to vote, or I couldn’t wake up, or it doesn’t matter, or why -- 20 votes decided who your Governor was in 2010, and it could decide who the Governor is this time.

The first lady wasn't finished with the sleepy-voter theme. Later in her remarks, she expanded on the idea:

You know your 20 people.  You know the people in your neighborhood, in your church, in your family who aren’t focused.  And you can’t leave anybody behind.

That nephew you know who sleeps -- get him up.  Wake him up.  (Laughter.)  Young people, you all know folks who aren’t paying attention.  Your classmates, your dorm mates -- wake them up, get them out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2014, 04:55:07 AM »
Michelle Obama apparently mixes up Colorado Senate candidates at campaign event
fox ^  | October 23, 2014

Posted on ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎49‎:‎00‎ ‎PM by BenLurkin

Michelle Obama made yet another flub on the campaign trail Thursday when she apparently confused Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall with his Republican rival.

Obama spoke in Denver Thursday as part of a campaign event for Udall, who is engaged in a heated battle with his Republican opponent, Rep. Cory Gardner.

She touted Udall’s Senate record in her speech, and called him a “fifth-generation Coloradan.”

“Mark understands what makes this state special,” she said.

The only problem? Udall is not a fifth-generation Coloradan. In fact, he was born in Arizona and his father, former Rep. Mo Udall, served as a congressman from that state for decades.

It is Gardner who is a fifth-generation Colorado resident, a fact he touts frequently on the campaign trail. His website states he has “family roots dating back to 1886” in the state.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »
Former First Lady Michelle Obama Is Tired of Men 'Failing Their Way to Success'
Marie Claire ^ | May 9, 2018 2:31 pm | Jenny Proudfoot
Posted on 5/9/2018, 1:41:23 PM by ethom

During the recent United State of Women Summit in LA, Michelle got very real with actress Tracee Ellis Ross, explaining why we need a shake up in the work place – and it could be the most inspiring thing you’ll see today.

‘I wish that girls could fail as bad as men do and be OK,’ she explained. ’Because let me tell you, watching men fail up – it is frustrating. It’s frustrating to see a lot of men blow it and win. And we hold ourselves to these crazy, crazy standards.’

Going on to call for change, Michelle explained: ‘What I’ve been telling men is, you can’t have it both ways: You can’t whisper these magical thoughts in your daughter’s ear about who she can be or what she can do….’

She continued: ‘If you’re tolerating [inequality at work], that is the workplace that’s going to be waiting for your little girl, but you sold her a bill of goods. You told her she could be anything, but then you’re not working to make sure that can be actualised. And so men have to understand things don’t just work out for your little precious pea.’

(Excerpt) Read more at marieclaire.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »
 :D