Author Topic: New video released in death of Mr. El Paso Daniel Saenz  (Read 10104 times)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: New video released in death of Mr. El Paso Daniel Saenz
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
Looks like an accident to me. He was initially going for a taser.

Shitty. You can see the surprise when a gun went off in stead of a taser.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »
This incident and video are both sad and disturbing on many levels. To shoot and kill a handcuffed man and face no repercussions is ludicrous.   Luckily the only judge that matters is the maker...this cop will get his punishment in this world or the next

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
Looks like an accident to me. He was initially going for a taser.

Shitty. You can see the surprise when a gun went off in stead of a taser.

I'd like to see the testimony on what he thought he was doing.

Originally when I saw the video it looked like the cop was shook from having to deal with him, and just reached around on his belt all willy nilly. I'm not sure which tazer grip frame they use, but if it's the larger pistol types it could happen -

Another scenario is perhaps he pulled his service weapon thinking it would calm the man down, but in the adrenaline dump, fired. It's a stupid thing to do, but it happens.

It's not an execution, but there still should've been at least some sort of penalty involved.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
Ok, here's an article that explains the officer's side - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/daniel-saenz-fatal-shooting-video_n_5507701.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular .

He claims in the scuffle, the other guard hits his gun hand causing the gun to fire -

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 06:46:32 PM »
Ok, here's an article that explains the officer's side - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/daniel-saenz-fatal-shooting-video_n_5507701.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular .

He claims in the scuffle, the other guard hits his gun hand causing the gun to fire -

Why did he have the gun in his hand in the first place? Saenz was on the ground and handcuffed behind his back. There was no bodily threat to the officer and no reason to point a loaded weapon (with the safety off) at Saenz. If the officer had drawn his Tazer instead of his gun it wouldn't have mattered if someone hit his "gun hand".

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
Newly released and shocking security video shows the moment an unarmed and handcuffed bodybuilder was shot dead by an El Paso police officer outside the city jail.

The disturbing footage shows former Mr. El Paso, Daniel Saenz, 37, being dragged through the corridors and then outside, after guards refused to admit him because he was harming himself and was bleeding from a head wound.

Once outside, the shirtless man struggles against Officer Jose Flores and another guard who lose control of him - causing Flores to reach first for his taser, then stop and instead pull his gun which goes off when the guard knocks his trigger finger.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662107/The-shocking-moment-police-officer-shot-dead-unarmed-handcuffed-bodybuilder-outside-jail-tried-hospital.html#ixzz3560zO6nf

Shot at 18:57
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Shitty structure.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »

Of course it's not the cop's fault......never is.  ::)

Cops are professional LIARS.  They lie every day on the job, as they are allowed to.  They really get to test their bullshitting skills when they get in a jam like this trigger-happy murderer.

I'd like to see this dickhead get on the stand and explain to the corrupt judge how the guard fell directly on his helpless trigger finger and caused the dangerous handcuffed man's demise.

The murdering cop will probably get off, then cry emotional trauma and retire on "disability," raping the taxpayers once again.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
I have very little tolerance for authority altogether but... cops are just out of fucking control!

Those two motherfuckers ought to be shot in the back of the head and their family members forced to pick up their remains for burial.

FUCK COPS!!

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
Why did he have the gun in his hand in the first place? Saenz was on the ground and handcuffed behind his back. There was no bodily threat to the officer and no reason to point a loaded weapon (with the safety off) at Saenz. If the officer had drawn his Tazer instead of his gun it wouldn't have mattered if someone hit his "gun hand".

I don't know, and it certainly is bad trigger discipline at the least. As far as Tazering, they had tazered him 5x that day and had already taken him to the hospital for blood pressure and anxiety issues, so I can see why they where leery to use it again. The more I read on it, the more it looks like a scared cop that got his cage rattled, and thought the gun would claim the guy down.

It wasn't a smart thing to do, but reading the accounts and believing that the prisoner at least had a bit of personal culpability in his demise, I don't believe it wants a very hard charge, although I do believe there is certainly a degree of negligence on the part of the police.

Personally I would've left him on the ground or gone to a baton, if handy.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »
DONT FIGHT COPS AND YOU WONT BE SHOT!!!

He also L(ed)LS.

He put himself in that fucked situation.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
I don't know, and it certainly is bad trigger discipline at the least. As far as Tazering, they had tazered him 5x that day and had already taken him to the hospital for blood pressure and anxiety issues, so I can see why they where leery to use it again. The more I read on it, the more it looks like a scared cop that got his cage rattled, and thought the gun would claim the guy down.

It wasn't a smart thing to do, but reading the accounts and believing that the prisoner at least had a bit of personal culpability in his demise, I don't believe it wants a very hard charge, although I do believe there is certainly a degree of negligence on the part of the police.

Personally I would've left him on the ground or gone to a baton, if handy.

Makes sense. I'm not sticking up for Saenz, he was clearly out of control, but the officer should have had better gun control and better trigger discipline. That's Police Academy 101.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »
DONT FIGHT COPS AND YOU WONT BE SHOT!!!

He also L(ed)LS.

He put himself in that fucked situation.

He put himself in a situation to be arrested, then maybe sent away to prison or rehab.......not to be killed.

Only a COWARD would shoot (or taser) a handcuffed person.  Cuff his legs......mace him.....get assistance from others, etc.  Shooting him was the best option?

LOL @ "I didn't mean it." excuse.  That's being said ONLY because there is video evidence.  If there wasn't a recording, the police spokesman would be speaking about the "brave officer saving others from the maniacal man, blah, blah, blah."

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
He put himself in a situation to be arrested, then maybe sent away to prison or rehab.......not to be killed.

Only a COWARD would shoot (or taser) a handcuffed person.  Cuff his legs......mace him.....get assistance from others, etc.  Shooting him was the best option?

LOL @ "I didn't mean it." excuse.  That's being said ONLY because there is video evidence.  If there wasn't a recording, the police spokesman would be speaking about the "brave officer saving others from the maniacal man, blah, blah, blah."

with his leg cuffs? they dont carry those. mace? have you ever been in a small area that has had pepper spray deployed? not an option. Shooting him was an accident. Its very obvious by watching the video. Should he have pulled his gun? No. Should he be punished by his department for his terrible tactics? Yes, fired? Maybe.

Tried in court for any crime? Oh get real.

g.m

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »
who cares...he was just some roided out druggy loser who most likely had erection problems and his whole life revolved around waxy maize fortified protein shakes ,roids jammed up his tight glutes and rice....rest in piss bro...good death.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »
with his leg cuffs? they dont carry those. mace? have you ever been in a small area that has had pepper spray deployed? not an option. Shooting him was an accident. Its very obvious by watching the video. Should he have pulled his gun? No. Should he be punished by his department for his terrible tactics? Yes, fired? Maybe.

From your point of you he should not get tried in court? OK I understand your position but the fact is there was anger involved so I think he should get tried because he reacted out of frustration and something horrible occurred, that is criminal negligence. The actual fire arm going off was probably an accident but his reaction out of anger was not, which resulted in a casualty.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 09:23:50 PM »
From your point of you he should not get tried in court? OK I understand your position but the fact is there was anger involved so I think he should get tried because he reacted out of frustration and something horrible occurred, that is criminal negligence. The actual fire arm going off was probably an accident but his reaction out of anger was not, which resulted in a casualty.

How do we know he pulled his gun out of anger? Police officers pull their weapon out for many reasons, any felony traffic stop, felony detention, etc.

Maybe he thought that they should get off the guy, let him tire himself out, or they were sick of fighting this guy. I dont recall seeing any force other than attempted control holds and wrestling, no punching, batons etc.

Generally force like that gets escalated. If youre pissed enough to shoot someone I would assume you were also pissed enough to smack him around a bit, and they really didnt.

It kind of makes sense now hearing that he had been tased numerous times, and the officers were afraid of doing it again, due to health issues that were starting to arise.

I also dont really buy him getting bumped and the gun went off, that is horse shit. His adrenaline was pumping, and he fucked up. Plain and simple. Poor training from his department. Somehow his firearm muscle memory was programmed to pull with the finger on the trigger. This is what happens... I didnt see the gun to be certain, but not all guns have a safety. And if they do, its immediately taken off safe from the hip. Always. Regardless if youre just detaining, or you have an active shooter.

He cant be tried for any sort of murder, as the elements of the crime are not there.

Any sort of negligence would be a great stretch.

Anyone that thinks this dude purposely killed this man is delusional, I can imagine this cop is going through hell having accidentally taken a mans life. He has to live with that I feel sorry for him.

As for the shit box who couldnt stop fighting with cops, I have zero remorse....

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
How do we know he pulled his gun out of anger? Police officers pull their weapon out for many reasons, any felony traffic stop, felony detention, etc.

Maybe he thought that they should get off the guy, let him tire himself out, or they were sick of fighting this guy. I dont recall seeing any force other than attempted control holds and wrestling, no punching, batons etc.

Generally force like that gets escalated. If youre pissed enough to shoot someone I would assume you were also pissed enough to smack him around a bit, and they really didnt.

It kind of makes sense now hearing that he had been tased numerous times, and the officers were afraid of doing it again, due to health issues that were starting to arise.

I also dont really buy him getting bumped and the gun went off, that is horse shit. His adrenaline was pumping, and he fucked up. Plain and simple. Poor training from his department. Somehow his firearm muscle memory was programmed to pull with the finger on the trigger. This is what happens... I didnt see the gun to be certain, but not all guns have a safety. And if they do, its immediately taken off safe from the hip. Always. Regardless if youre just detaining, or you have an active shooter.

He cant be tried for any sort of murder, as the elements of the crime are not there.

Any sort of negligence would be a great stretch.

Anyone that thinks this dude purposely killed this man is delusional, I can imagine this cop is going through hell having accidentally taken a mans life. He has to live with that I feel sorry for him.

As for the shit box who couldnt stop fighting with cops, I have zero remorse....
of course he didn't purposely kill the man and murder is too harsh I agree but he was angry as fuck, everything in that video indicates that.

There are police officers who brag that they have never pulled out their guns in 20 years and having gone through all kinds of crazy situations in the process. The man was handcuffed, the cop was very angry and someone loss their life because of it. Trust me I understand what you are saying and I am not saying lock him up and throw away the keys, in fact I am not even saying lock him up but he should be prosecuted for negligence due to his responsibilities and his abuse of power over someone who didn't warrant such behavior.

the whole scene was repulsive, dragging him around like a piece of trash and making agitated body language through out the process and once the man was dead he still continued to bop the dead mans head like if he was a plastic doll.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »
of course he didn't purposely kill the man and murder is too harsh I agree but he was angry as fuck, everything in that video indicates that.

There are police officers who brag that they have never pulled out their guns in 20 years and having gone through all kinds of crazy situations in the process. The man was handcuffed, the cop was very angry and someone loss their life because of it. Trust me I understand what you are saying and I am not saying lock him up and throw away the keys, in fact I am not even saying lock him up but he should be prosecuted for negligence due to his responsibilities and his abuse of power over someone who didn't warrant such behavior.

the whole scene was repulsive, dragging him around like a piece of trash and making agitated body language through out the process and once the man was dead he still continued to bop the dead mans head like if he was a plastic doll.

He was dragged and handcuffed, yes. Im sure it had to do with the fact he was combative. Were the cops angry, fuck yes. They are fighting someone. Cops are still human. Did he pull his strap while he was angry? Yes. Did he put it out BECAUSE he was angry, we may never know. I doubt it was a "hey guy you see this, keep trying to fight" etc.

I think he should find a new job. Being a cop isnt for him, in the moment of truth (and not a very hairy situation, lets be honest) he choked, lost his mind, and reacted poorly.

Also, think of this... what would the outcry of been like if they would have just tuned him up until he stopped fighting them?

Probably similar...

They were fucked from jump.... if they beat him up, they're still on the chopping block. Nothing they could have done that would of pleased everyone.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 07:19:51 AM »

Yeah, you're right....why carry leg cuffs, plastic ties, or rubber bullets when you can just put a real bullet into the subject....works every time.

Shooting him was an accident?  What was the cop doing reaching for his gun if he had no intention of using it?  Was it cleaning time?

Why shouldn't he be tried for his actions?  Because he wears a stupid uniform and carries a badge?  That doesn't give the coward a license to kill. 

He should be fired, jailed, and hopefully sued.....along with the department he works for.  I hope the Saenz family takes everything this pig owns....

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 07:22:56 AM »
240p of peace

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 07:26:22 AM »
Mr. El past tense-o

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
They said this guy was on bath salts and people are wondering why the cop reached for his taser.... Just two fucking years ago a dude ate the face off another man on this shit, they can still bite , they can spit in the eyes they can kick WTF.  If I had a fuck head spit in my eyes I'd tase the shit out of him and then is tase him for shitting.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
Two grown men,should have been able to deal with a handcuffed guy without drawing a taser or a gun,or they could have called in 2 more pigs and just lifted the guy to wherever they wanted him to go.

Murderers Of Peace

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
Two grown men,should have been able to deal with a handcuffed guy without drawing a taser or a gun,or they could have called in 2 more pigs and just lifted the guy to wherever they wanted him to go.

Murderers Of Peace
x2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:18 AM »
if he drew the gun to 'intimidate' then 1) that's horrible practice and 2) he shouldn't have been on the trigger.

visualizeperfection said it best... this guy isn't cut out to be a cop.  He'll do this again in a few years, and next time it could be bullets flying into children or elderly or whoever.

And let's face what happened here - yes, this guy resisted arrest, but he didn't kill anyone.  He certainly didn't deserve to be shot to death because he didn't want to cooperate.  Whether it was intentional or not - the man was shot to death while cuffed - and the cop that did it cannot be allowed to keep on doing it.