Author Topic: Rupert Murdoch Says Immigration Reform Can't Wait  (Read 4853 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rupert Murdoch Says Immigration Reform Can't Wait
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
you're not equipped for this, tree-hugger. business is not something you're versed in, just tap out.

I've owned businesses, managed businesses, and invested in businesses. Clippers ain't a public company, I assume sterling owns a controlling share, if not 100%. you can't force a man to sell his business. if he were CEO, the board of directors could vote on terminating him, but he's not elected (hired). it's like forcing Sergey and the other guy to sell Google.com..... you can't do it. Sure, you can fire Eric Schmidt (although I believe he's stepped down already... beside the point), but you can't force Sergey and other guy (the owners) to sell.... the same way you can't force zuckerberg to sell his interest in Facebook..... the same way Annaly Capital can't force me to sell my shares because of something other shareholders see me posting on Getbig. that's not how it works kid.

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

I've owned and run a business for years too, but this sports franchise ownership is different.  Sterling, like all owners, agreed to be bound by the NBA bylaws when he purchased the team.  In fact, the owners had to approve his purchase of the team.  It's really not that complicated.  His ownership, like all NBA team owners, is contingent on whether the owners allow him to continue as an owner.  That's what he signed up for.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
you're not equipped for this, tree-hugger. business is not something you're versed in, just tap out.

I've owned businesses, managed businesses, and invested in businesses. Clippers ain't a public company, I assume sterling owns a controlling share, if not 100%. you can't force a man to sell his business.

Despite having owned, managed and invested in businesses you seem very confused. When Stirling acquired the Clippers, he agreed to a set of rules, similar to the rules that you would have to agree to when you purchase a home that is in common-interest development. Under that agreement, NBA owners could theoretically force him to sell. Do Sterling's actions be used to invoke that clause in the purchase agreement? Maybe, maybe not - that issue will most likely end up being adjudicated in Court.

if he were CEO, the board of directors could vote on terminating him, but he's not elected (hired). it's like forcing Sergey and the other guy to sell Google.com..... you can't do it. Sure, you can fire Eric Schmidt (although I believe he's stepped down already... beside the point), but you can't force Sergey and other guy (the owners) to sell.... the same way you can't force zuckerberg to sell his interest in Facebook..... the same way Annaly Capital can't force me to sell my shares because of something other shareholders see me posting on Getbig. that's not how it works kid.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 10:19:19 AM »
Some of you guys obviously don't read the G&O and don't even know who the legendary ESFitness is.   ???

You should be ashamed to have not recognized my tributes to such an esteemed internets legend!  :'(
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

I've owned businesses, managed businesses, and invested in businesses. Clippers ain't a public company, I assume sterling owns a controlling share, if not 100%. you can't force a man to sell his business. if he were CEO, the board of directors could vote on terminating him, but he's not elected (hired). it's like forcing Sergey and the other guy to sell Google.com..... you can't do it. Sure, you can fire Eric Schmidt (although I believe he's stepped down already... beside the point), but you can't force Sergey and other guy (the owners) to sell.... the same way you can't force zuckerberg to sell his interest in Facebook..... the same way Annaly Capital can't force me to sell my shares because of something other shareholders see me posting on Getbig. that's not how it works kid.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

it seems like you are still a bit angry and hostile. are you on parole?
w

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »
Some of you guys obviously don't read the G&O and don't even know who the legendary ESFitness is.   ???

You should be ashamed to have not recognized my tributes to such an esteemed internets legend!  :'(

Haha..oh, I've seen the "don't dis' me, bro" post (at least once in every thread, lol)

But the Sterling post was new (to me). Shoulda known it was an ESFitness production. Haha, I love it.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
Some of you guys obviously don't read the G&O and don't even know who the legendary ESFitness is.   ???

You should be ashamed to have not recognized my tributes to such an esteemed internets legend!  :'(

I didn't, you're right. I don't spend too much time in G&O. But hey, I've always wanted to post the "badass" meme and this gave me a chance!

Or maybe you prefer option d) - want to fight? ;D

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:03 PM »
I didn't, you're right. I don't spend too much time in G&O. But hey, I've always wanted to post the "badass" meme and this gave me a chance!

Or maybe you prefer option d) - want to fight? ;D

I'll be in Dubia, India tomorrow if you wanna throw hands!

That dood in your avi is one sexy sumbitch! (no homo)...
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 09:39:43 PM »
I'll be in Dubia, India tomorrow if you wanna throw hands!

I'm on my way now brah! Sign the damn waiver, and let's do this.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 12:27:52 PM »
I'm on my way now brah! Sign the damn waiver, and let's do this.

I'm in full tapout gear and warming up as I type this. MMA rules, correct?

My lawyer just faxed your lawyer the waiver back with my signature.

The cage awaits us!
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
I'm in full tapout gear and warming up as I type this. MMA rules, correct?

My lawyer just faxed your lawyer the waiver back with my signature.

The cage awaits us!

Let's do Marquess of Queensbury rules instead.

Actually no, wait... TapOut gear? Shit brah, I just remembered I left the stove on. I'll... I'll be right back.