Author Topic: Speed Lives  (Read 2583 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Speed Lives
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:18:47 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Speed Lives
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
Effin michael angelo battio.

Pederass.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 10:32:09 AM »

the guy in your avatar shits on him from a great height

he has no soul

only yngwie has that magic speed feel
T

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
the guy in your avatar shits on him from a great height

he has no soul

only yngwie has that magic speed feel
Battio is a boring one trick pony. Hes nothing special.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
Battio is a boring one trick pony. Hes nothing special.

yep

sometimes its more about the notes you leave out

than the ones you put in
T

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »
I bought his instructional set when I was younger and learning. .. I quickly thought "man, this guy sucks, its like a robot going up and down the scales, he has no musiciality whatsoever.".

I picked up what I could and moved on. Ironically I use almost nothing from that set, all the technique I really already knew amd the rest I learned from other players whos styles I liked better.

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
Actually I like that composition, but his other works sucks (but i kinda liked album with rock classics covers). His problem is weak sound and rhytmical innacuracy. You know, when attack peaks of all instruments are perfectly matched to the metronome and it's like you drive a train, for example listen how Paul Gilbert plays. Here he totally lacks that feeling, but it is the line that separates good musicians from wankers.

But I've seen a few recent videos of Batio and seems he become better through years.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »
I really like this song. And his playing is spot-on, for what it is.

Still, not a huge fan.

I think what hurts this guy is, first, Nitro (need I say more?), two, he looks goofy as all hell, three, all his antics (mega-necked guitars, overhand slapping, etc.), and four, his existence on the scene for decades without nary one classic riff or power ballad to call his own.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
does he even lift?

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:57 PM »
I really like this song. And his playing is spot-on, for what it is.

Still, not a huge fan.

I think what hurts this guy is, first, Nitro (need I say more?), two, he looks goofy as all hell, three, all his antics (mega-necked guitars, overhand slapping, etc.), and four, his existence on the scene for decades without nary one classic riff or power ballad to call his own.

I think that's exactly how he makes living, showcasing gear at exhibitions and similar activities. There is no place for him on big stage or anywhere 'big'.

You can put a bikini girl in your booth or MA Batio, it has the same effect, the point is to catch the eye.
That's how it works:

btw that's Dan Fastuca, Moser and Jackson custom shop endorser.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
i don't the diff guitars in the video makes it look like the whole vid was him faking it.
sept 10th APF

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
I think that's exactly how he makes living, showcasing gear at exhibitions and similar activities. There is no place for him on big stage or anywhere 'big'.

You can put a bikini girl in your booth or MA Batio, it has the same effect, the point is to catch the eye.
That's how it works:

btw that's Dan Fastuca, Moser and Jackson custom shop endorser.

Yeah, he earns his living by being a kind of shred "guru" in guitar mags, penning columns and doing little clinics, etc.

He has chops, no one can deny him this. And his "one-trick-pony", as someone mentions, is no more so than those displayed by many other legendary guitar players. Everyone has his thing. His is shred chops and that whole Shrapnel legacy from the era from which he first sprung.

Good for him for making a nice life for himself doing something he loves to do.

A cat like Gilbert is sorta the same. But the difference is, Paul had a talent for forming bands that featured actual songs and emphasis on something other than only shred and freak-out alternate picking and sweeps. (Not that Racer X didn't have a tonne of this, as well, of course.)

All the technique and chops in the world won't get you far if you also don't have songs in which to feature said fireworks. Guys like DeMartini, Lynch and Beach are serious six-string weapons but never were hurting for classic riffage and hooks to enter their equations.

Today, there are countless extreme metal bands that are BONKERS technical, but won't amount to much in any real sense, simply because, as much technical music is, it's just not palatable for the everyday Joe who wants a hook and is all like, Don't bore us get the chorus. And I am not trashing on these groups, because I am a HUGE fan of many of them.

Oh, and this Fastuca dude can play, sure, but from your video, he doesn't offer much that thousands of others can't also provide.