Author Topic: Palin destroys Hillary in books sales  (Read 3341 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin destroys Hillary in books sales
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 08:11:56 AM »
Hilary destroys Palin in terms of:

Legislative experience and impact
Experience on a world stage
Educational achievement
Personal wealth

Outside of selling a million books, and being "kingmaker" at a sub-50% clip, and helping mccain lose the 2008 race... what has Palin accomplished?  Hilary is a political dynasty for 3 decades.  Palin was a flash in pan for 3 years.  This book is probably the top 3 palin achievement.  It's a footnote for hilary between senatorial, sec of state and prez run lol.

This thread is like 240 bragging he bench presses more than Bill Gates.  yes, I'm technically stronger.  no, I cannot brag because he destroys me in terms of so many other areas of life, including all those tens of billions of dollars.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:46 AM »
You love hitlery dont you?

Hilary destroys Palin in terms of:

Legislative experience and impact
Experience on a world stage
Educational achievement
Personal wealth

Outside of selling a million books, and being "kingmaker" at a sub-50% clip, and helping mccain lose the 2008 race... what has Palin accomplished?  Hilary is a political dynasty for 3 decades.  Palin was a flash in pan for 3 years.  This book is probably the top 3 palin achievement.  It's a footnote for hilary between senatorial, sec of state and prez run lol.

This thread is like 240 bragging he bench presses more than Bill Gates.  yes, I'm technically stronger.  no, I cannot brag because he destroys me in terms of so many other areas of life, including all those tens of billions of dollars.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »

I cannot stand hilary.   You know my dislike for the clintons.  but the thread is "palin destroys palin in book sales", which while accurate, is a little silly. 

If hilary's ONLY objective was to sell books, she'd write a "tell-all" about the 90s monica, the 2008 primaries, the obama presidency, and she'd sell 10 million books lol.  Instead she does the generic political, safe, predictable book.  She'll sell a few hundred thousand.   Like I said, "middle" candidates don't sell like the fringe candidates do.

if this is what the Palin fans have to celebrate as her amazing legacy, go for it.  I bench press more than Bill gates, I'd say he sucks and I'm awesome and I'm winning, and he's FAIL, and anyone who defends gates obviously wants to blow him.   ::)

I cannot stand hilary.  I cannot stand palin.  But being honest, hilary has achieved ten times more than Palin, easily.  Tough to argue that.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 08:28:07 AM »

Yikes!  Weakest comeback ever?

C'mon, SC, you can do better than that.  

Why not bring up the public humiliation resulting from her prez husband's infidelity and trying to make the case that it happened because of Hitlery not taking care of business at home?  (Because she's gay, of course -- You wouldn't have a problem speculating that someone is gay, would you? lol)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:54 AM »
Yikes!  Weakest comeback ever?

C'mon, SC, you can do better than that.  

Why not bring up the public humiliation resulting from her prez husband's infidelity and trying to make the case that it happened because of Hitlery not taking care of business at home?  (Because she's gay, of course -- You wouldn't have a problem speculating that someone is gay, would you? lol)

Im sittig in the dmv posting from my phone ready to shoot myself - leave me alone.  This sucks!   

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
What...specifically...wa s Hillary's "legislative impact"?    Her "experience on the world stage"  appears to be largely negative given what happened in Benghazi.  She has more degrees than Palin and I suppose she's been better at using her government experience to line her pockets...is that something to brag about?

Personally...I don't think either one has accomplished much of value.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »
Im sittig in the dmv posting from my phone ready to shoot myself - leave me alone.  This sucks!   

You should legitimately ask how many people around you plan to vote Obama in 2016. Do it.  I'm betting ten people at the DMV don't know he isn't running again.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
I love guys like you...you're so much smarter then the rest of us right?  You see it all clearly and are so jaded by the process that you know what's really going on based on years of worldly experience. You're another been no where...done nothing idiot.

Smart enough to realise that 33366 spent nearly a decade hating on Obama and didn't even turn one person on here. Throw in; smart enough to realise that no matter whether it's the Party of Stupid, Welfare or Independents, it'll make ZERO difference to your life. But hey, go on nattering about pointless bullshit, feeling you're in 'the know' or 'politically involved'. Your 'passion' makes no difference. Politician will lie their fucking asses off before election time. All you fucking idiots will fall for the EXACT same bullshit people have been falling for since the idea 'Democracy' were still flopping around in the primordial ooze.

And you know I'm right. Some psychotic google-eyed crazed mofo will whip Stupid into frenzy every 4 years, before everyone spend the  proceeding 3.5 years after that wondering WTF happened and how yet another lying sack of selfserving shit were voted in yet again   :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »
Smart enough to realise that 33366 spent nearly a decade hating on Obama and didn't even turn one person on here. Throw in; smart enough to realise that no matter whether it's the Party of Stupid, Welfare or Independents, it'll make ZERO difference to your life. But hey, go on nattering about pointless bullshit, feeling you're in 'the know' or 'politically involved'. Your 'passion' makes no difference. Politician will lie their fucking asses off before election time. All you fucking idiots will fall for the EXACT same bullshit people have been falling for since the idea 'Democracy' were still flopping around in the primordial ooze.

And you know I'm right. Some psychotic google-eyed crazed mofo will whip Stupid into frenzy every 4 years, before everyone spend the  proceeding 3.5 years after that wondering WTF happened and how yet another lying sack of selfserving shit were voted in yet again   :-X

Bullshit.   Obamacare - enough said.  Now your turn

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »

Eh? You want me to pick a side? Ok, you picked Stupid to defend. I guess I got Welfare then?

'Mission Accomplished'

Go.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »

Its a board...we bitch and post shit.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

Its a board...we bitch and post shit.

Most obama voters are too invested emotionally in him to admit what the rest pf us know

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

dude, i'm pretty sure the FOX/Reince Priebus/Rush order is for us to STFU about obamacare.  Now that people have it, repubs aren't going to take it away, so they're quietly changing the subject.  Hilary did a half hour interview on FOX and it didn't come up once.  I mean, you have hilary on camera and you don't discuss the BIGGEST and more intrusive FORCED bill upon every american household - I mean this shit is affecting people WAY more than benghazi or anything else they asked.

So really guys... as much as obamacare is shitting all over us... I think FOX is gonna get mad at us for bringing up obamacare. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 09:27:53 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, weren't the majority of sales for Palin"s book attributed to bulk purchases by various institutional Church's across America? It wasn't really the " man on the street" per sé (except for 333386) his little crush on her was kinda cute.  :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
Sarah Palin Uses SarahPAC to Buy Her Own Book

By MATTHEW MOSK
MATTHEW MOSK More From Matthew »
Investigative Reporter

Sarah Palin has been using her political action committee to buy up thousands of copies of her book, "Going Rogue," in order to mail copies of the memoir to her donors, newly filed campaign records show.

The former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate had her political organization spend more than $63,000 on what her reports describe as "books for fundraising donor fulfillment." The payments went to Harper Collins, her publisher, and in some instances to HSP Direct, a Virginia-based direct mail fundraising firm that serves a number of well-known conservative politicians and pundits.

Sarah PAC spent another $8,000 on colorful bookmarks designed by a Nashville-based event branding firm. And her committee paid her publisher $20,000 for what appears to have been the cost of sending her personal photographer and another aide along on her book tour. Those expenses are listed by the PAC as travel repayment to Harper Collins.

What Is Sarah Palin Doing?
null
All of the purchases took place in November and December of 2009, the records show.
Meghan Stapleton, a spokeswoman for Palin, said the book purchases were part of a promotion to reward donors with autographed copies if they gave more than $100 to the PAC.

"Due to supporters' demand for the national best-seller "Going Rogue," Sarah PAC purchased books and sent free, signed copies to those who donated $100 or more between November 16 and November 25 at noon," Stapleton said. "The fundraising tool was wildly successful."

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 05:18:12 AM »
So she sold a shit ton of $20 books for $100?   For a woman who's intellect is often questioned...that seems like a pretty smart move.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 06:12:32 AM »
So she sold a shit ton of $20 books for $100?   For a woman who's intellect is often questioned...that seems like a pretty smart move.

she used donor money to buy her own book, and created bundles for her special friends - They were GIVEN to people who had given to her campaign.

Yes, good business move, but no, I dont think she can add these to her book numbers.  She bought them to give them away.  She bought them with donor money, lol, to give them as freebies to donors.  If the despicable human being known as hilary did this, getbiggers would accuse her of ramping up her book sales numbers.

I hope nobody sees this as an endorsement of hilary - I dislike her just as much as palin.  Hilary actually wields power to wreck america - palin is impotent as far as policy making goes.  so hilary is actually way worse than palin.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »
I cannot stand hilary.   You know my dislike for the clintons.  but the thread is "palin destroys palin in book sales", which while accurate, is a little silly. 

If hilary's ONLY objective was to sell books, she'd write a "tell-all" about the 90s monica, the 2008 primaries, the obama presidency, and she'd sell 10 million books lol.  Instead she does the generic political, safe, predictable book.  She'll sell a few hundred thousand.   Like I said, "middle" candidates don't sell like the fringe candidates do.

if this is what the Palin fans have to celebrate as her amazing legacy, go for it.  I bench press more than Bill gates, I'd say he sucks and I'm awesome and I'm winning, and he's FAIL, and anyone who defends gates obviously wants to blow him.   ::)

I cannot stand hilary.  I cannot stand palin.  But being honest, hilary has achieved ten times more than Palin, easily.  Tough to argue that.

i agree...yet this post will be ignored

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 07:44:41 AM »
i agree...yet this post will be ignored

I agree, too.  Comparing the popularity of their respective books doesn't say much about either woman.

Seems to me that it mainly says something about the number of folks interested in their respective stories. 

And, that more folks seem to be interested in the details of Sarah Palin's story than they are in Hillary's isn't so surprising to me. 

Cuz, sheee-it, I like to slow down and take a long look at gnarly accidents on the freeway as much as the next guy, lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 07:46:22 AM »
I agree, too.  Comparing the popularity of their respective books doesn't say much about either woman.

Seems to me that it mainly says something about the number of folks interested in their respective stories. 

And, that more folks seem to be interested in the details of Sarah Palin's story than they are in Hillary's isn't so surprising to me. 

Cuz, sheee-it, I like to slow down and take a long look at gnarly accidents on the freeway as much as the next guy, lol.

or maybe palin fans read more than Hillary fans?   ;)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
Did Palin write a tell all book about anything? Wasn't her book just another "safe" political book about her views in general?   Political books don't sell...not to garden variety humans any way.  Generally speaking, they're bought by PACS or donors and used to raise funds or  prop doors shut or balance uneven tables.   Nobody lined up to hear Palin's take on the world...nobody lined up  to hear Clinton's, Obama's or anyone else's

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
or maybe palin fans read more than Hillary fans?   ;)

LOL

Now that's a good one!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 07:52:50 AM »
Did Palin write a tell all book about anything? Wasn't her book just another "safe" political book about her views in general?   Political books don't sell...not to garden variety humans any way.  Generally speaking, they're bought by PACS or donors and used to raise funds or  prop doors shut or balance uneven tables.   Nobody lined up to hear Palin's take on the world...nobody lined up  to hear Clinton's, Obama's or anyone else's
Politicians selling books pre-campaign is an old "soft money" tactic used for hella long. No one wants to read that shit but PACs buy the books and running funds are raised. Now the book AFTER office (though i dont read that shit either) are the ones that are more reflective of the guy's or gal's popularity

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
LOL

Now that's a good one!!

Just sayin   :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 07:54:27 AM »
Politicians selling books pre-campaign is an old "soft money" tactic used for hella long. No one wants to read that shit but PACs buy the books and running funds are raised. Now the book AFTER office (though i dont read that shit either) are the ones that are more reflective of the guy's or gal's popularity

I'm sure you got the pre-order in already for "My time - Choomin through History" when Obama's book comes out.   :D