Author Topic: How much is enough?  (Read 4519 times)

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
How much is enough?
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:52:27 PM »
Hi Guys,
I've done a few cycles now over the last few years and to be honest I've been unimpressed by the results each time. I've stuck mainly to test E around 500mg a week but haven't seen the results I've been after. I am though already a pretty big guy (approx 6 ft 9, 280lbs) and am wandering whether I'm just using too low of a dose?, can physical size even effect the amount of mg I need?. I'm reluctant to start pinning 1g + a week but being as I eat plenty and train well I'm at a lose as to what else to do?.

Cheers.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: How much is enough?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
Hi Guys,
I've done a few cycles now over the last few years and to be honest I've been unimpressed by the results each time. I've stuck mainly to test E around 500mg a week but haven't seen the results I've been after. I am though already a pretty big guy (approx 6 ft 9, 280lbs) and am wandering whether I'm just using too low of a dose?, can physical size even effect the amount of mg I need?. I'm reluctant to start pinning 1g + a week but being as I eat plenty and train well I'm at a lose as to what else to do?.

Cheers.
did you say 6 ft 9  :o :o :o

You have such a huge frame and takes a lot to fill out, which would take some time. Usually the people I have trained that are short notice a difference in a couple months and the taller ones take a year or more. I mean a guy who is 5 ft 6 will look huge with a 20lb gain, you on other hand would need to gain 40+lbs of muscle for the same results.

So i am sure the juice is fine, just be patient and go on a cycle for longer rather then increasing mgs.

how long was your cycles in the past?

short cycle won't cut it for taller people but 500mg is always a good starting point even for your size.

How many times a week do you train?

How many meals a day?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 02:11:42 AM »
6 GRAMS IS THE SWEET SPOT

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:23:54 AM »
Hi, train every other day hitting each body part once every 10 days. 5 meals a day and I shoot for 300g of protein a day.

Thanks for the reply!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
Hi, train every other day hitting each body part once every 10 days. 5 meals a day and I shoot for 300g of protein a day.

Thanks for the reply!
how long was your last cycle for?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

If I may, I think each body part every 10 days isn't nearly enough.
Onetimehard if you'd like to give your opinion...

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
1 gram is my minimum.  That is where I notice anything.  Below that i might as well take Nitrix tabs.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »
If I may, I think each body part every 10 days isn't nearly enough.
Onetimehard if you'd like to give your opinion...
yes definitely not enough and I was going to elaborate on this after I get the answer to how long his last cycle was.  ;)

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:38 AM »
I'm 7 weeks in to a  cycle now, 250mg of test E every 3rd day. I train hard and ache for getting on for a week with some muscle groups so that's why I have the 10 day gap.

Cheers.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
At the 10 week mark bump it up to EOD @ 250mg and stick to it for another 10 weeks. As soon as a body part becomes fresh train it again to try and bring down the frequency to 7 at least, see how that works, after that I would not increase the test, if anything I would add another compound instead.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 06:32:31 PM »
Finaly someone asked a straight forward questio,but no one gave a straight forward answer.The answer is simple enough is the amount it takes you to grow.Same as anything else."how much do i need to eat to grow?I dont know,as much as it takes to put on weght."but i eat all day and camt gain weight.Well it not enough.Point is everyone is differrent,dont take more than you need ,but at the same time take what you need or your just wasting time.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
Finaly someone asked a straight forward questio,but no one gave a straight forward answer.The answer is simple enough is the amount it takes you to grow.Same as anything else."how much do i need to eat to grow?I dont know,as much as it takes to put on weght."but i eat all day and camt gain weight.Well it not enough.Point is everyone is differrent,dont take more than you need ,but at the same time take what you need or your just wasting time.

well, what I was getting at is that it maybe enough but the duration maybe was not long enough, just a thought as 500mg is usually more then enough for the first few cycles.

The issue IMO is that he is very tall so 10-12 weeks on a regular person may pack on 20lb of muscle the first time out hence a very noticeable difference on a shorter frame, not so noticeable on a larger frame.

I suspect the OP probably put on some good muscle but if it was only 15-20lb at 6ft 9 it may not have been a huge difference looking in the mirror, so a longer duration, as long as 6 months for a cycle may make the difference he is looking for. Very hard to fill out a 6 ft 9 frame.

As for the question does size (frame) matter for the amount of mg to put on muscle, I would say marginally at best.

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 07:52:17 AM »
Hi guys, thanks a lot for the responses. I'm thinking of swapping from the test E to a different compound, maybe refresh my body in to new growth. Any ideas on a different cycle I could try?

Thanks.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
Hi guys, thanks a lot for the responses. I'm thinking of swapping from the test E to a different compound, maybe refresh my body in to new growth. Any ideas on a different cycle I could try?

Thanks.
You should at all time while ''on'' keep test in there, even at a low dose that's fine but every compound shuts your testosterone production down so you are always better off replacing at least the minimum amount of test,

but you could add Deca and maybe D-bol pre-workout if you keep the test in at over 500mg

Or you can lower your test to 250mg and add Eq at 600mg

A lot of options here.

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »
I'm pretty open as to what to add in, I'm happy to keep the test at 500mg and add either deca or eq.  Would there be much difference between the 2?. I respect your knowledge/experience and I'm happy to run whichever you advice would be the more beneficial. 

Thanks.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
I'm pretty open as to what to add in, I'm happy to keep the test at 500mg and add either deca or eq.  Would there be much difference between the 2?. I respect your knowledge/experience and I'm happy to run whichever you advice would be the more beneficial. 

Thanks.
Deca is the better of the two for size however you usually want to keep your test higher then your deca or at least equal too.

So since you decided to stay with 500mg of test, I would add in 500mg of deca and 50mg of D-bol pre-workout.

I still think the old test, deca and d-bol is KING for first year on gear till this day.

Now if you had decided to lower the test then I would have gone with the EQ cause Deca with low test is a bad idea but low test and high EQ is an ideal cycle.

Oh BTW Deca will also allow you to have more frequent workouts as it does wonders on joint repairs.  ;)

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »
I'm running 250mg Test E and 200mg Mast E as a cruise right now and I'm definitely still growing. Before that I was on high tren and mast low test. I am getting stronger too might I add.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 11:06:57 AM »
1 gram is my minimum.  That is where I notice anything.  Below that i might as well take Nitrix tabs.

that's what I'm talking about.

7grams a week!

;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
you need to eat more too. food + gear = results.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
I'm running 250mg Test E and 200mg Mast E as a cruise right now and I'm definitely still growing. Before that I was on high tren and mast low test. I am getting stronger too might I add.
Dropped the tren (200 mg/w) and am back to 125 test e, 200 mast e. And yes, feeling great and getting small but steady growth.