Author Topic: Acupuncture  (Read 3501 times)

the trainer

Acupuncture
« on: June 20, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
Have any of you getbiggers tried acupuncture for aches in your joints, my shoulder is bothering me and I dont want to take pain killers so I am thinking about doing a session with this chinese dude.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Acupuncture
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
Have any of you getbiggers tried acupuncture for aches in your joints, my shoulder is bothering me and I dont want to take pain killers so I am thinking about doing a session with this chinese dude.

Get it done as part of my physio on shoulder.

I have chronic inflammation of tendon, got to the point where it would hurt to adjust temp in shower with my right arm.

He/she loosens up muscles of rear delt first, then does some fucking painful massage of shoulder with forced stretches and resistance.

This is followed by acupuncture with heat lamp. Should wait til pin/needle whatever it is called feels painful (which should be quite deep for a juicer). Leave heat on for 10-15 mins.

Then they use something that gives electric shocks (high frequency vibration to start body healing itself).

You should be able to find a physio that incorporates it as part of therapy.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
Never have.  I prefer medicine or any other remedy that actually does something.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Never have.  I prefer medicine or any other remedy that actually does something.

Acupuncture has been proven to work with western scientific explanation.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »
Acupuncture has been proven to work with western scientific explanation.
and folks call me delusional LOL

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »
and folks call me delusional LOL

Yeah you believe someone made the earth in 7 days, his son died and came back to life etc with no evidence. I posted evidence. Google it, try it.

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
Get it done as part of my physio on shoulder.

I have chronic inflammation of tendon, got to the point where it would hurt to adjust temp in shower with my right arm.

He/she loosens up muscles of rear delt first, then does some fucking painful massage of shoulder with forced stretches and resistance.

This is followed by acupuncture with heat lamp. Should wait til pin/needle whatever it is called feels painful (which should be quite deep for a juicer). Leave heat on for 10-15 mins.

Then they use something that gives electric shocks (high frequency vibration to start body healing itself).

You should be able to find a physio that incorporates it as part of therapy.

As I juicer I am used to needles I dont mind the pain as long it works I will be happy.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
As I juicer I am used to needles I dont mind the pain as long it works I will be happy.

Yeah she was jabbing them in deep but I always pin delts so was no biggy. She pushed in til it hit something, don't be afraid to say "deeper" (no homo) most people will be bitches with needles.

Before Man of Steel replies, my shoulder is better, you won't know if your belief works til you're being eaten by worms.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
no but I used to have extremely sensitive ears and I did acupuncture and it worked well for me

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Yeah you believe someone made the earth in 7 days, his son died and came back to life etc with no evidence. I posted evidxence. Google it, try it.
Google what?   

I've had family and friends try acupuncture from different places.   All said same thing. ..it did nothing for them.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
Google what?   

I've had family and friends try acupuncture from different places.   All said same thing. ..it did nothing for them.

Maybe they went to snake oil salesmen. Research exists, like saying anti-biotics didn't cure a chest infection.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
Accupunture "works"  I say "works" because it doesn't solve the problem.  If you have pain from a bad joint, ligament, injury, whatever... Accupuncture will dull the nerve so you don't feel pain in that area but the problem will persist and get worst unless you actually get that injury fixed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
I've personally tried herbal remedies and other non medical medicine.   None of it helped.  My experience and that of those I've known all experienced the same.

If it works for you great but trainer wanted opinions so I gave mine.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »
Maybe they went to snake oil salesmen. Research exists, like saying anti-biotics didn't cure a chest infection.

It's definitely possible.

Research does exist yes.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »
Accupunture "works"  I say "works" because it doesn't solve the problem.  If you have pain from a bad joint, ligament, injury, whatever... Accupuncture will dull the nerve so you don't feel pain in that area but the problem will persist and get worst unless you actually get that injury fixed.

Pain relief is a part of physio, I still have to do stretches and exercises etc to help.

I'm going to be putting acupuncture to a serious test next week. I want to stop smoking, was told by someone I trust that it worked for him when he had a pin put in his ear (and kept it there) to completely remove cravings. I get anxious at the thought of stopping smoking. My bro had it done and lit up soon as he came out so guess I'll have to suck it and see (no homo).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »
Yeah you believe someone made the earth in 7 days, his son died and came back to life etc with no evidence. I posted evidence. Google it, try it.
so do I and agree with you about acupuncture so wtf is your point?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
so do I and agree with you about acupuncture so wtf is your point?

He called me delusional for believing it works, I tried it based on evidence and know he is a devout Christian so attacked in kind.

Was going to row back but point stands.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 02:53:32 PM »
He called me delusional for believing it works, I tried it based on evidence and know he is a devout Christian so attacked in kind.

Was going to row back but point stands.
ahh I see, fair play then  :)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
Eastern Medicine is mystical nonsense, but you should know this.

Pop some Norcos or suck it up.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
Eastern Medicine is mystical nonsense, but you should know this.

Pop some Norcos or suck it up.
but rhino horn helps with my flacid penis

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »
but rhino horn helps with my flacid penis

Except that, of course.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
  So I went to the acupuncture this morning and I sat beside this fat woman in the waiting room man she had such a stinky smell I had to get up and sit over the other side and she gave me a dirty look like I should have stayed and endured her smell.
 The doctor jabbed these needles into my body and hook it up to an electric outfit and send electric waves thru my body that had me twitching I felt like fucking franklinstein I hope this shit works.

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
no but I used to have extremely sensitive ears and I did acupuncture and it worked well for me

Pardon?