Author Topic: Chael Sonnen - I'm back bitches  (Read 1380 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Chael Sonnen - I'm back bitches
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:28:07 PM »
......just not in the UFC

Chael Sonnen may have retired from MMA, but that doesn’t mean he won’t compete again.

The former UFC middleweight and light heavyweight title contender has agreed to enter the Metamoris 4 mat in a no-gi match against two-time jiu-jitsu world champion and ADCC winner Andre Galvao, sources told MMAFighting.com. BJEE.com reported the news earlier this week.

Metamoris 4 takes place in Los Angeles on Aug. 9.

A decorated wrestler, Sonnen earned five of his 28 professional MMA victories via submission, notably against Mauricio Rua and Brian Stann. Galvao returned to grappling after a 5-2 run in MMA and won the ADCC 2011 weight and absolute divisions, defeating the likes of Rousimar Palhares and Gunnar Nelson. He became the ADCC 2013 superfight winner with a submission over Braulio Estima.

Josh Barnett vs. Dean Lister is also set for Metamoris 4.

Interesting since bJJ isnt one of Chaels stong points. Good for Metamoris. That should help get get the promotion more attention. Guess he changed his mind about choosing his health over his sport.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Chael Sonnen - I'm back bitches
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »
......just not in the UFC

Chael Sonnen may have retired from MMA, but that doesn’t mean he won’t compete again.

The former UFC middleweight and light heavyweight title contender has agreed to enter the Metamoris 4 mat in a no-gi match against two-time jiu-jitsu world champion and ADCC winner Andre Galvao, sources told MMAFighting.com. BJEE.com reported the news earlier this week.

Metamoris 4 takes place in Los Angeles on Aug. 9.

A decorated wrestler, Sonnen earned five of his 28 professional MMA victories via submission, notably against Mauricio Rua and Brian Stann. Galvao returned to grappling after a 5-2 run in MMA and won the ADCC 2011 weight and absolute divisions, defeating the likes of Rousimar Palhares and Gunnar Nelson. He became the ADCC 2013 superfight winner with a submission over Braulio Estima.

Josh Barnett vs. Dean Lister is also set for Metamoris 4.

Interesting since bJJ isnt one of Chaels stong points. Good for Metamoris. That should help get get the promotion more attention.

Is there anyone Dana White hates more?

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »

Yes..Frank Shamrock.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »

Yes...Tito Ortiz

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:39:38 PM »
Yes...Tito Ortiz

I think he's over that now, but Frank is certainly a contender.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Yes...Tito Ortiz

Nahh dana will do business with tito occassionally. With Shamrock...never.

He's apparently not too thrilled withhis own mother after she wrote a tell all book about him.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
He's apparently not too thrilled withhis own mother after she wrote a tell all book about him.

"Rosemary’s Baby came out in 1968. The movie starred Mia Farrow as a young woman who, by the end of the movie, has Satan’s child. Dana was born in 1969, shortly after this movie came out. One afternoon, when the nurses brought Dana to me for his feeding, thoughts of this movie came back me. I remembered how Mia Farrow was so sick through her pregnancy in the movie, just like I was. This was the first time Dana had opened his eyes while he was with me. When I looked into his eyes, I was taken aback by how black his eyes were. I had never seen anyone with eyes so black, especially a baby. That realization is etched in my mind as if I had stared into those eyes for the first time only yesterday. My family ancestry is Irish, and so we all have blue or green eyes. I could not tell where Dana’s pupils ended and where the color of the iris should have started. The effect was chilling, and I had the feeling of looking into soulless eyes. The experience was truly upsetting and worried me as to who, or what, he would grow up to be."

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »

Yes, Randy Couture

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Yes, Randy Couture

That's a shame, good guy.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
...not according to Dana White...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
...not according to Dana White...

Grain of salt.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
Chael will be back if wandi gets licensed..
Dana ain't going to allow not making money / ratings of them ;)