Author Topic: Can someone help me? I was told I am socially awkward at party,  (Read 3969 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: Can someone help me? I was told I am socially awkward at party,
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
Cocaine was invented for people like you.

S

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »
Just smile, look happy and try look genuinely pleased when you meet new people and interested in what they say.

And remember, people love to talk about themselves.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
Being socially awkward in a sick society actually makes you normal.

I think so too. I think it's something wrong with the current situation. I bet most people practice dance moves and social behaviors in secret at home for hours beforehand. While I just do 30 secs of random shadowboxing and call it done deal.

The so called social hierarchy is just a damn myth that shouldn't be valued so high by people. It's just a damn myth! It forces sane, healthy individuals to adapt accordingly to some extent.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
Just smile, look happy and try look genuinely pleased when you meet new people and interested in what they say.

And remember, people love to talk about themselves.

Now that you're mentioning it, Yes if you seem in a good mood and happy I have noticed most people in turn tend to relax a lot around you.

I'll need to write this down.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

judging from your posts on here it doesn't surprise me people think your a fucking weirdo.

cheers.
b

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
that I have a bizarre sense of humor, and that I sometimes talk loud and stops listening to people, abrupt or even talk over them, that I "look so serious" and sometimes act weird in general WTF??? Why would you even tell someone such things?

I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I do my best to be polite and courteous (as I remember), I ask intelligent questions now and then, I dress nice and causally, I am respectful and not obnoxious. I only talk when I deem myself having something interesting to say. I already take utmost precaution in following these social rules. (yes, I sometimes say things of topic, mostly because if not soon expressed the sentences that comes to me might run the risk of be forgotten, which would be ashame because after all they are interesting and informative, (and I would otherwise be almost completely quiet!). While I admit, when answering questions I often string together very odd sentences and word choices ( for some fucking reason this keeps happening), I always give truthful answers.

I mostly reside in the background and don't join in on many discussions, I pretend to laugh a little when other people laugh just to fit in etc.  

I was also blamed same night for someone falling on my shoes that I had put in the hallway outside the bathroom, I compassionately asked if they were hurt, which they of cause were not.  ::)  I also saw other house guest walking around with their shoes indoor at this house. At least I had to decency to take mine off out of respect. My night soon felt pretty  weird and I wanted to leave but couldn't at the time, so I proce
eded to secretly observe other guests of all ages to see if I could get some reading or clue from their facial expressions, as a way to understand their thought processes, but as usual this garnered zero insight. Amazing how this social alacrity seems to come completely natural to people!

So instead I need a workable strategy to emulate a "normal" behavior and become what is called "easy going" and more anonymous. How can I study the art of being "melted in", "socially polished" to avoid unwarranted scrutiny?

There has to be other getbiggers that find them selfs in similar situations at social gatherings, lunch rooms, parties, etc etc right?

Make youtube videos before you kill them bro ;)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 07:47:58 PM »

-so i have to do presentation for class
-awkward as ****
-start working out
-not so awkward
-zyzz is my inspiration
-presentation again
-trembling
-just keep telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-get confident
-my turn
-i get up there
-start shaking uncontrollably
-start telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-teacher says I can start anytime
-I start off with "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-at this point I'm so nervous I blackout
-"i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-repeat at least 4 more times
-look around the room, people are saying "why does he keep saying that?"
-girls start laughing
-I pass out
-hit head on the corner of teacher's desk
-minor concussion
-teacher thinks I was on drugs
-classmates call my zeezprah
-nickname eventually turns into zebra
-i haven't heard my real name in months
-haven't been this depressed since high school

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

-so i have to do presentation for class
-awkward as ****
-start working out
-not so awkward
-zyzz is my inspiration
-presentation again
-trembling
-just keep telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-get confident
-my tube
-i get up there
-start shaking uncontrollably
-start telling myself "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-teacher says I can start anytime
-I start off with "i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-at this point I'm so nervous I blackout
-"i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
-repeat at least 4 more times
-look around the room, people are saying "why does he keep saying that?"
-girls start laughing
-I pass out
-hit head on the corner of teacher's desk
-minor concussion
-teacher thinks I was on drugs
-classmates call my zeezprah
-nickname eventually turns into zebra
-i haven't heard my real name in months
-haven't been this depressed since high school

Hahaha!

To the OP, you can't just ask the random questions that are in your head it's weird no matter how much you want the answer to them.  Stay on topic, look at people and nod to show your listening.  You. Sound like an old school mate of mine who is now schizophrenic.  When we were all talking he would just stand there clearly not listening and day dreaming then mid sentence he would say "how's work man?"
We of course made fun of him and would all ask him how work was a million times.  If I caught him day dreaming I would do a great big Rick flare style Woo! At him, he'd jump and be back in the room.  Of course after the diagnosis that ask seems cruel now.

Seriously though it sounds like you have asperges.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »
Finally a getbigger whose real life persona matches his online persona.

+12.4

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »
I would never take my shoes off at someones house, if they insisted i would just leave.

+ 7.3 reputation points.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »
that I have a bizarre sense of humor, and that I sometimes talk loud and stops listening to people, abrupt or even talk over them, that I "look so serious" and sometimes act weird in general WTF??? Why would you even tell someone such things?

I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I do my best to be polite and courteous (as I remember), I ask intelligent questions now and then, I dress nice and causally, I am respectful and not obnoxious. I only talk when I deem myself having something interesting to say. I already take utmost precaution in following these social rules. (yes, I sometimes say things of topic, mostly because if not soon expressed the sentences that comes to me might run the risk of be forgotten, which would be ashame because after all they are interesting and informative, (and I would otherwise be almost completely quiet!). While I admit, when answering questions I often string together very odd sentences and word choices ( for some fucking reason this keeps happening), I always give truthful answers.

I mostly reside in the background and don't join in on many discussions, I pretend to laugh a little when other people laugh just to fit in etc.  

I was also blamed same night for someone falling on my shoes that I had put in the hallway outside the bathroom, I compassionately asked if they were hurt, which they of cause were not.  ::)  I also saw other house guest walking around with their shoes indoor at this house. At least I had to decency to take mine off out of respect. My night soon felt pretty  weird and I wanted to leave but couldn't at the time, so I proceeded to secretly observe other guests of all ages to see if I could get some reading or clue from their facial expressions, as a way to understand their thought processes, but as usual this garnered zero insight. Amazing how this social alacrity seems to come completely natural to people!

So instead I need a workable strategy to emulate a "normal" behavior and become what is called "easy going" and more anonymous. How can I study the art of being "melted in", "socially polished" to avoid unwarranted scrutiny?

There has to be other getbiggers that find them selfs in similar situations at social gatherings, lunch rooms, parties, etc etc right?

Sorry buddy but on the internet you're just as akward. I thought you were a Jhonny Falcon's gimmick for years.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

I was also blamed same night for someone falling on my shoes that I had put in the hallway outside the bathroom, I compassionately asked if they were hurt, which they of cause were not.  ::)  I also saw other house guest walking around with their shoes indoor at this house. At least I had to decency to take mine off out of respect. My night soon felt pretty  weird and I wanted to leave but couldn't at the time, so I proceeded to secretly observe other guests of all ages to see if I could get some reading or clue from their facial expressions, as a way to understand their thought processes, but as usual this garnered zero insight. Amazing how this social alacrity seems to come completely natural to people!

Post some restribution videos :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 02:30:56 AM »
Next time party with superior African Americans. They are generally more relaxed and not bogged down with things like working and raising children.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »
I feel that the OP might be the perfect gentleman.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 04:37:06 AM »
"I was also blamed same night for someone falling on my shoes that I had put in the hallway outside the bathroom, I compassionately asked if they were hurt, which they of cause were not.  ::)

I also saw other house guest walking around with their shoes indoor at this house. At least I had to decency to take mine off out of respect."

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 04:37:43 AM »
^^UNGAYING THREAD.........THANK ME LATER! ;)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 05:16:45 AM »
^^UNGAYING THREAD.........THANK ME LATER! ;)

can you get a more amateur pic of the same pose?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 05:29:40 AM »

woman texting me wants me to call her and gave me her number, I said I have to finish my meal first.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 05:35:40 AM »
I was very small and short statured for my age. I never gave this much concern during my early
childhood, but this fact fully dawned on me the day my family took a trip to Universal Studios. At the
time, I loved dinosaurs. I was fascinated by them. I had just recently watched the movie Jurassic Park,
and when I found out that there was a Jurassic Park themed ride at Universal Studios, I couldn’t wait to
go on it. We queued up in the line and waited for an hour. When reached the front, the park staff
presented me with a measuring stick, and I didn’t fit the requirements. I saw other boys my age
admitted onto the ride, but I was denied because I was too short! The ride that I was so excited to enjoy
at the theme park was forbidden to me. I immediately fell into a crying tantrum, and my mother had to
comfort me.
     Being denied entry on a simple amusement park ride due to my height may seem like only a small
injustice, but it was big for me at time. Little did I know, this injustice was very small indeed compared to
all the things I’ll be denied in the future because of my height. 

How tall are you?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 05:36:57 AM »
woman texting me wants me to call her and gave me her number, I said I have to finish my meal first.

True get bigger
 ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
Rami, in real life you cannot end your sentences with the words "of peace" nor at the end of every conversation shout "no homo". Those are things that only a Getbigger would understand. You will be looked as a mental case at parties.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »
T R E N B O L O N A   A C E T A T O

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2014, 07:55:50 PM »
Next time party with superior African Americans. They are generally more relaxed and not bogged down with things like working and raising children.

hahaha amazing :D
b

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:39 AM »

Pick up artistry for starters..

Emulate the obnoxious retards for improved social status.

Try talking about braindead zombie shit with people on the bus stop just to warm up to a new way of thinking

Like you noticed, the social games are not about who is saying the most profound things

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 02:14:11 AM »
Finally a getbigger whose real life persona matches his online persona.

Lol never before seen honesty :D