Author Topic: cokes  (Read 3582 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
cokes
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:50:05 AM »
i'm eating well...but i love cokes..and it's hard not to pass them up when i feel like i need a kick

how badly are they affecting my training and diet? if i eat any really lean meats with no carbs at a meal i justified the sugars would help break down the protien..  :-\

Ledd

• Getbig III
Re: cokes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:38:39 AM »
I dont know how justified they are, but they sure help me choke down a plain chicken breast or a can of tuna.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
im sure its fine. unless you have a show in a couple weeks.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 03:16:36 PM »
Yeah, kind of agree with Jr. Yates.  Nutrionally, Soda is about the worst thing you can put in your body.  That being said, if you can't live without them and you're not dieting for any specific reason, don't torture yourself and have a soda FROM TIME TO TIME.
:-)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 03:46:16 PM »
I'd still try to at least switch to diet soda. Even if you're not competing these regular sodas are absolute poison for your over-all progress.

If you hate diet soda, try this: Suck it up and don't drink any soda or anything with sugar in it for 4-6wks, after that pop open a diet soda, it will taste a lot better then it used to. This is what I did about 7 or 8 years ago and it worked very well. It worked so well that after 4 yrs with no regular soda when I finally drank one at a football game one day, a 20oz Sun Drop, I threw up... Diet Dr. Pepper is the shit ;D

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 06:10:06 PM »
I'd still try to at least switch to diet soda. Even if you're not competing these regular sodas are absolute poison for your over-all progress.

If you hate diet soda, try this: Suck it up and don't drink any soda or anything with sugar in it for 4-6wks, after that pop open a diet soda, it will taste a lot better then it used to. This is what I did about 7 or 8 years ago and it worked very well. It worked so well that after 4 yrs with no regular soda when I finally drank one at a football game one day, a 20oz Sun Drop, I threw up... Diet Dr. Pepper is the shit ;D

I lost a bunch of weight going into 9th grade, i basically said to myself "look, if you switch your sodas with diet sodas, that alone will cut enough calories to help you lose weight" (i ended up doin a lot of things wrong, but that's another story for another day)  Luckily I had a diabetic friend and had been previously exposed to diet soda, but, my point is (and Arnold makes a good point too) if you tell yourself that it's either diet soda or plain water, you'll probably relish the taste of diet soda.  Some people don't, for these individuals, water works just fine, and more power to 'em.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »
Diet Dr. Pepper is the shit ;D
very true
bodybuildersreality.com

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 07:05:20 AM »
makes me wonder how beneficial it would be for me to drop them outta my diet..i have about 4 a day  :-\

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »
makes me wonder how beneficial it would be for me to drop them outta my diet..i have about 4 a day  :-\

looooooooooooooooord!  it would be VERY beneficial.  that would save you 600 calories right there, which is a swing of one pound (of fat) a week! 50 lbs a year!  You get the idea....

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »
damn! i'll probably drop a few pounds if i cut THAT shit out....

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »
damn! i'll probably drop a few pounds if i cut THAT shit out....

see why some of us think diet sodas taste so good?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:16 AM »
i t hink i'll enjoy some tea today with lunch instead

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »
... Diet Dr. Pepper is the shit ;D

Yes it is.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
i'm eating well...but i love cokes..and it's hard not to pass them up when i feel like i need a kick

how badly are they affecting my training and diet? if i eat any really lean meats with no carbs at a meal i justified the sugars would help break down the protien..  :-\

If you have to drinks cokes, drink one right after weight training.  If you drink them often, then diet soda is the way to go. 

Hitman_Forhire

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »
I love diet Mountain Dew, it's great, but now days; after coming back from Iraq and not drinking soda in forever, it makes me sick just to touch one, diet or not. Water/Milk/OJ only for me :D. OJ is the shit, extra pulp rocks!
Go Big/Go Home

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »
I've only ever drank diet soda...this new coke zero tastes liek the real stuff...its almost too sweet...it makes me miss the taste of aspartame lol

ya diet dr. pepper is great...so is the diet crush...and thats made w/ splenda