Author Topic: How much should we really train arms if separately worked out?  (Read 8618 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: How much should we really train arms if separately worked out?
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
vince you act like you fabricated an engine or something dude. why not just invent a home surgical device that sucks out all the outside fat or better yet just zaps it away.

your not impressing anyone by using old bicycle parts to build a curling machine

what dont you invent a drywall jack or lift something useful and constructive

Wtf, is wrong with you guys? Who else on Getbig has patented anything? I made something that has never been made before. I am not claiming anything except that I built an original machine.

I didn't use old bicycle parts. I had to fashion all the parts of this machine. I applied for a patent in 1991 but didn't get around to building it until 2001. I literally didn't think I could do it.

I just got to work and made it work. It has seen several modifications since and is still being fine tuned.

When I set out to build this machine I had hopes that every gym would want one. That hasn't happened. I approached Cybex and Nautilus but they weren't interested. I have no desire

to build any more to sell. I am not that impressed with doing business with gym owners. Neither was Arthur Jones.

It is a fact that I have built some of the best gym equipment in the world. Come to my gym and see for yourself. I have lots of original equipment from benches to machines.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
What exactly is the patent for a "bicep supinator"?
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
What exactly is the patent for a "biceps supinator"?

Here you go. When I talked to a patent attorney he told me the total cost of an application would be $10,000. What a joke. His application was rejected by the USA Patent Office so he had to resubmit it

and it finally was approved in 1995, 4 years later. I also got patents in Canada, Great Britain, Germany and Australia. A total waste of money. The sensible thing to do is design and build something then

hide it and show it only to people willing to sign a non disclosure document. Then sell the design to them and let them apply for a patent. We spent over $50,000 on patent fees. They charge annual fees as well.

A complete scam if you ask me. Then gym equipment companies will copy anything they want and if you don't have the resources to fight them you lose. I have had people in Australia copy my designs.

I ended up with a bad attitude about anyone who built gym equipment. Many claimed they were gifted but I didn't see much in the way of exceptional designs. Very few people make money from

patents and even fewer from gym equipment. Arthur Jones made and lost a fortune with Nautilus and then MedX. He was the smartest guy in the industry. But he never built a biceps-supinator.

https://www.google.com/patents/US5413546

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »
Wtf, is wrong with you guys? Who else on Getbig has patented anything? I made something that has never been made before. I am not claiming anything except that I built an original machine.

I didn't use old bicycle parts. I had to fashion all the parts of this machine. I applied for a patent in 1991 but didn't get around to building it until 2001. I literally didn't think I could do it.

I just got to work and made it work. It has seen several modifications since and is still being fine tuned.

When I set out to build this machine I had hopes that every gym would want one. That hasn't happened. I approached Cybex and Nautilus but they weren't interested. I have no desire

to build any more to sell. I am not that impressed with doing business with gym owners. Neither was Arthur Jones.

It is a fact that I have built some of the best gym equipment in the world. Come to my gym and see for yourself. I have lots of original equipment from benches to machines.

Honestly i respect your drive to create "something". it seems that you made this device in your first few years into your retirement. meaning you had alot of time to fuck around and build something. Im not trying to be mean im saying keep inventing stuff but dont invent another exercise machine, its a waste of time , its not constructive at all,  Any child can think of a way to torcher a muscle from every single angle possible and so what is the end result. well there you are , thats the result im sure youve done it all and so has the rest, time to give it up on the idea of the magic exercise time to move towards more enlightening creations
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
Pffft, I'm no engineer, no have I ever claimed to be. I literally said the same thing you did, you just said it in a much nicer way. I said I work in MACHINE TOOL DESIGN with the engineers, specifically R&D, meaning the engineers bring me their machines, I'm responsible for fleshing out their problems, finding ways to make them easier for customers to use, and make sure they work as advertised.

Unlike Basile, I am no legend in my own mind, nor do I try and convince others how awesome my shit is when no one wants the damn thing. But I know overengineering when I see it...

If you examine the patent and look at the drawings I submitted you will see that there is a simpler version of the machine. I never built it because I wan'ted independent movements.

The key to the design is to have a pulley at the elbow joint. It is possible to have a large pulley for the supination that doubles as a cam for the curling movement.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »
Honestly i respect your drive to create "something". it seems that you made this device in your first few years into your retirement. meaning you had alot of time to fuck around and build something. Im not trying to be mean im saying keep inventing stuff but dont invent another exercise machine, its a waste of time , its not constructive at all,  Any child can think of a way to torcher a muscle from every single angle possible and so what is the end result. well there you are , thats the result im sure youve done it all and so has the rest, time to give it up on the idea of the magic exercise time to move towards more enlightening creations

I would have given you more credit for being intelligent that what you have revealed in this thread. Why be so judgemental when you have probably never invented anything in your life? Unbelievable the way some of you guys are.

I don't take kindly to being disrespected on the internet you know......

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
If you examine the patent and look at the drawings I submitted you will see that there is a simpler version of the machine. I never built it because I wan'ted independent movements.

The key to the design is to have a pulley at the elbow joint. It is possible to have a large pulley for the supination that doubles as a cam for the curling movement.

I saw that.

you can also do a hammer strength version and build it for $500 bucks

best practice with these projects is to validate commercial demand up front.

"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »
I would have given you more credit for being intelligent that what you have revealed in this thread. Why be so judgemental when you have probably never invented anything in your life? Unbelievable the way some of you guys are.

I don't take kindly to being disrespected on the internet you know......

credit from you? a man who built a bicep machine from bicycle parts? i dont need your credit, people are trying to help you, ill be the first to tell you that you need to lay off the heme-iron. for some reason you dietary choice influences your brain in letting you beleive you made some grand acheivement by using spare kids bicycle parts for a bicep curl machine, your an ass dude i was being nice lol and am still nice to you, you dont realize it but im just being critical as a bro would be critical of another bro, its nothing personal
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »
impressive amount of thought and effort and careful work went into this device!

I'm pretty sure I know how to build a hammer curl supinator tho!
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2014, 01:08:56 AM »
impressive amount of thought and effort and careful work went into this device!

I'm pretty sure I know how to build a hammer curl supinator tho!

Good luck with your version. I would have thought the lads here would have been interested in how the machine worked, etc. Instead, most seem determined to put me down.

Bodybuilders have set beliefs and preferences and don't change no matter what. If I install a new piece of gym equipment in my gym the muscleheads seldom use it. The novices do.

The bodybuilders believe free weights are superior so they are hardly going to abandon those cherished beliefs.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:52 AM »
vince back to the future machine ----- swiiiiiish!
MIRAGETROPIN

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2014, 01:40:11 AM »
Good luck with your version. I would have thought the lads here would have been interested in how the machine worked, etc. Instead, most seem determined to put me down.

the pulley version should be developed with the grips incorporating an offset cam lever

that would be the arthur jones machine I gather??
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
the pulley version should be developed with the grips incorporating an offset cam lever

that would be the arthur jones machine I gather??

Nautilus never built a biceps-supinator machine. If you incorporate an 'offset cam lever' on the supination you will be making it more complex than the one I built.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2014, 01:50:23 AM »
vince applied for a patent

for his unique dbol transportation system

but apparently you cant patent your wives anus
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2014, 02:03:17 AM »
vince applied for a patent

for his unique dbol transportation system

but apparently you cant patent your wives anus

What a disgusting and primitive individual you are. You obviously believe that fool Goodrum. He is a woman in men's clothes and makes up lies to discredit his tormentors.

By the way, you are also an internet stalker. Hope this helps.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2014, 02:19:57 AM »
Nautilus never built a biceps-supinator machine. If you incorporate an 'offset cam lever' on the supination you will be making it more complex than the one I built.

imagine a kind of scissoring action.
don't try to make this work
(some disinformation included) :D

"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »

Bodybuilders have set beliefs and preferences and don't change no matter what. If I install a new piece of gym equipment in my gym the muscleheads seldom use it. The novices do.

The bodybuilders believe free weights are superior so they are hardly going to abandon those cherished beliefs.

everything works, taking a shit works, pushing a tire down the road works. your machine is stupid and worthless wake up and smell the shit
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »
everything works, taking a shit works, pushing a tire down the road works. your machine is stupid and worthless wake up and smell the shit
X2. Just lift something.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2014, 03:20:34 AM »

x3.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2014, 03:21:13 AM »

Spoken like a true Getbig philosopher.  ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2014, 03:22:27 AM »
imagine a kind of scissoring action.
don't try to make this work
(some disinformation included) :D

You can't have two pivot points for the curl motion.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »

ok I'm convinced you lost it and senility had come full swing. How exactly have you measured it out to be a FACT that you have and I quote you to "have built some of the best gym equipment in the world." Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen your name plastered on the equipment of any gyms that actually matter.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2014, 04:20:20 AM »
ok I'm convinced you lost it and senility had come full swing. How exactly have you measured it out to be a FACT that you have and I quote you to "have built some of the best gym equipment in the world." Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen your name plastered on the equipment of any gyms that actually matter.

That doesn't refute my statement. My members tell me all the time how good the equipment is. In 1991 I attended the IRSA convention in San Francisco. You should have seen the equipment on display. Well, I returned to Australia determined to build a machine that was better than anything I had seen there. I designed and built a Hack Squat machine. It is simply the best such machine in any gym that I am aware of. This is just one of many original machines I have built. I use quality components, too, such as plenty of stainless steel, linear bearings, large pulleys, etc. The Hack Machine below is also a sliding calf machine.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2014, 04:27:41 AM »
Here is the calf function being demonstrated in my gym.

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2014, 04:48:39 AM »

That doesn't refute my statement. My members tell me all the time how good the equipment is. In 1991 I attended the IRSA convention in San Francisco. You should have seen the equipment on display. Well, I returned to Australia determined to build a machine that was better than anything I had seen there. I designed and built a Hack Squat machine. It is simply the best such machine in any gym that I am aware of. This is just one of many original machines I have built. I use quality components, too, such as plenty of stainless steel, linear bearings, large pulleys, etc. The Hack Machine below is also a sliding calf machine.

look I'm not going to bust what's left of your balls. In fact if those are in fact machines you have built I'll say they look like some damn great pieces of equipment. I just simply want to know what valid way are u using to compare your claims that your machines are the best in the world because that's a mighty HIGH claim to back without verifiable evidence.