Author Topic: Brutal 4 plate deadlifts  (Read 3986 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Brutal 4 plate deadlifts
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »
Ha.....this guy definitely posts here

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 06:11:15 AM »
This is beyond ego trainning, this is dumb trainning.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
I know.

He may be the only man in history with grip strength/endurance superior to that of his back.
I do have gnarly endurance with my grip, its kind of what happens when you don't use straps to hold the weight. At first the #'s go down but they quickly come back up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
150kg not 180kg

that's about 330lbs nowhere near 400lbs, and nearly broke his back

S

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
I do have gnarly endurance with my grip, its kind of what happens when you don't use straps to hold the weight. At first the #'s go down but they quickly come back up.
Mind = blown

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
Mind = blown
Better than colon = blown. :P
I do use chalk though.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Better than colon = blown. :P
I do use chalk though.
Ironically enough ive dropped straps as well... different reasons though.  Mine is because I never do direct forearm work and I felt that I was neglecting them, and I dont want to be one of those guys with massive upper arms and twigs for forearms.

Dripping straps gives me gnarly forearm pumps on back day.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
Ironically enough ive dropped straps as well... different reasons though.  Mine is because I never do direct forearm work and I felt that I was neglecting them, and I dont want to be one of those guys with massive upper arms and twigs for forearms.

That's why I dropped straps. And then I started doing direct arm work. Now I have stupid popeye forearms  :-\

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »
Wraps & gloves are useless, man up and use chalk.
Lmao, If you know what goes on in the pros you wouldn't be saying this.

For those that know what I am talking about let's enlighten the ''no straps'' crowd.  lol, You try taking 100mg of anadrol, 100mg of TNE, 100mg of tren pre workout plus slin and gh and see what massive pump your forearm gets inside of 3 sets, you would NOT be able to grip even a 50lb dumbbell  :D

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

For those that know what I am talking about let's enlighten the ''no straps'' crowd.  lol, You try taking 100mg of anadrol, 100mg of TNE, 100mg of tren pre workout plus slin and gh and see what massive pump your forearm gets inside of 3 sets, you would NOT be able to grip even a 50lb dumbbell  :D

hey, you could risk tearing a bicep with an over-under grip on a heavy deadlift just to cement your Manly Online cred. Or you could use straps.

Simple Simon

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »
hey, you could risk tearing a bicep with an over-under grip on a heavy deadlift just to cement your Manly Online cred. Or you could use straps.
how will straps stop you tearing a bicep?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »

I was going to say that there could be a difference. ..I am natural so I wasn't sure if you drug addicts with muscles had different experiences.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
how will straps stop you tearing a bicep?
straps shift the burden from the forearm and upper arm, relieving all pressure on your elbow joint making the arm from wrist to shoulder one unit

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
I was going to say that there could be a difference. ..I am natural so I wasn't sure if you drug addicts with muscles had different experiences.
ya basically the enormous pumps and uncontrollable blood flow from the compounds. Deadlifts are not so bad but bent over rows, forget it  :(

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
straps shift the burden from the forearm and upper arm, relieving all pressure on your elbow joint making the arm from wrist to shoulder one unit
It doesn't make sense what you are saying, straps allow you to lift more and stretch the bicep tendon far more than if your grip gave out.
Taken to its extreme if you tied the bar to your wrist and took your grip totally out of the equation and attempted to lift the bar then all the stress would be placed on the tendons rather than the muscle.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 02:24:51 PM »
It doesn't make sense what you are saying, straps allow you to lift more and stretch the bicep tendon far more than if your grip gave out.
Taken to its extreme if you tied the bar to your wrist and took your grip totally out of the equation and attempted to lift the bar then all the stress would be placed on the tendons rather than the muscle.

The bicep suppinates the hand. Holding the bar with a mixed grip puts more strain on one bicep than the other.  I'd assume this is what he meant

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
I thought you said before that you used gear?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »
your IQ just plummeted to 20, my fucken lord, wow, don't mean to be rude but straight up ARE YOU FUCKEN DUMB??  :D

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 02:49:06 PM »
It is people like this that stopped me going to public gyms. It is people like this that cause me to avoid talking about my weight training with other uninformed people.

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »
The bicep suppinates the hand. Holding the bar with a mixed grip puts more strain on one bicep than the other.  I'd assume this is what he meant

It is what I meant, why would you want to strap a wrist to a bar with the tendon fully extended and reduce assistance from the forearm muscle?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »

Yes this....using straps eliminates the need to use a mixed-grip, thus preventing the biceps on the supinated arm from being exposed to a dangerous load

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
It is what I meant, why would you want to strap a wrist to a bar with the tendon fully extended and reduce assistance from the forearm muscle?
what he is saying is you do not have to have one arm underhand grip, which ends up up being a risky movement for the bicep.

and what I am saying is that you do not have to squeeze the bar as hard when you are strapped and your back gets the burden more then your hands and arms, from wrist to delt, minimum pressure with straps.

I notice this when I forget my straps at home after a back workout, I lift 30% less on biceps and 30% less sets cause they are already worked when I forget the straps.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
I usually use a hook grip when doing deadlifts. Takes some getting used to but once you're comfortable with it, you'll never go back to overhand/underhand.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
what he is saying is you do not have to have one arm underhand grip, which ends up up being a risky movement for the bicep.

and what I am saying is that you do not have to squeeze the bar as hard when you are strapped and your back gets the burden more then your hands and arms, from wrist to delt, minimum pressure with straps.

I notice this when I forget my straps at home after a back workout, I lift 30% less on biceps and 30% less sets cause they are already worked when I forget the straps.

With you now.

I use straps myself but TBH I dont really notice that much of a difference.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
With you now.

I use straps myself but TBH I dont really notice that much of a difference.
you know I was just fucking with you a few post back right?  ;)