Author Topic: Tom PLATZ training legs with David Hoffmann!  (Read 7852 times)

agenda21nwo

Re: Tom PLATZ training legs with David Hoffmann!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:25 AM »
Long video, but pretty cool. PLATZ is still in great shape, very outspoken and smart guy.

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/78ab2f06de12d410c1b8/lareport2014-teil-9-die-haxen-muessen-wachsen-zitat-david-doyouevensquat-rs-sexualhealing

Is it possible to download those videos?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 05:52:26 AM »
Platz rules.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Is it possible to download those videos?
haha. Of course it is. U can DL anything on the next. What browser r u running?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
platz squatted 225 for 30 minutes straight rumors have it
R

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:13 PM »

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »

Where is Dustin Hoffman and is it safe?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 02:34:09 PM »
Where is Dustin Hoffman and is it safe?

Timely pop culture reference of peace

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »

Franco is getting owned hard there.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 12:06:21 AM »

Franco's right nipple is eyeing Platz and is obviously in awe.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »
I saw Tom Platz at the Olympia in 1980. He was popular there but no where near the top that day...except for his amazing legs. That brought the house down when he posed them. A year later and he was robbed of the Olympia by a sub standard Franco. Who would have thought it was possible? Tom Platz the uncrowned Mr Olympia.

Well, I watched the video and a light went on for me. I once did 10 deep reps in the full squat with 400 pounds. I also did 8 reps with 410 pounds. Squats didn't deliver on making my legs much bigger. Now I can see why they failed me. I was doing them like Tom demonstrated NOT to do them. You know, leaning forward. So my quads never got much mechanical tension and so they never grew no matter how much weight I was using. A good lesson there for all of us.

I learned something new after 56 years of training. I should have had special shoes. Oh, I always put my heels on a low block, perhaps 1 1/2 inches high. Tom stresses how doing squats is the alter for bodybuilders and we should approach them with the right frame of mind. To get into that frame of mind we have to wear the right shoes and wear a loose fitting belt. He even suggested wearing high socks to trick the mind into thinking we are shorter and thus the up and down piston action will deliver if we do everything right. I wasn't training my quads but lower back and other muscles used in a variation of a good morning movement. I highly recommend that others listen closely to what Tom says. He is revealing his secrets and to be honest I had never heard about his secrets and I can see now that he knew a lot about building muscles. It is so easy to dismiss the idea that there are secrets in bodybuilding because after many, many years in the gym we all figure there is hardly anything new to learn.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
Tom has been training the German  at Iron Bodies in Santa Ana, lately. I was lucky enough to meet him last Sat. Gym was closing early and I had to get my leg workout in so I wasn't able to speak with him long. Nice guy, very smart, personable. Can't say a bad thing about him. No longer huge- but who gives a fuck?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 02:00:56 AM »
Yesterday was squats day.
I usually do it as deep as i can but following some of the Golden Eagle tips i was able to go even deeper with a more upright posture. Some kids approched me and said: "You are doing it wrong, you shouldn't go beyond parallel::)

It's not their fault, it's how the personal trainer tells them to do.