Author Topic: Going 4 It!! Ketogenic Style!!  (Read 19170 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Going 4 It!! Ketogenic Style!!
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »
bullshit!!! stop missleading

train a session inclines only and you will get a sore upper chest.

train flat and declines only and you will get a sore lower chest.
Somewhat incorrect.
Declines = entire sore chest in my experience. Your pecs are designed to bring your arms down and across your body. That motion activates your entire pec.

Simple Simon

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »
Somewhat incorrect.
Declines = entire sore chest in my experience. Your pecs are designed to bring your arms down and across your body. That motion activates your entire pec.
agreed, the previous poster knows fuck all.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:58 AM »
negative. everyone with a good chest has my opinion.

see Arnold etc.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
is this adonis gimmicks ?

Adonis always wants to say the opposite of general consensus just to stirr shit up. and he feels "special" doing so I guess. Fuckhead...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:07 AM »
negative. everyone with a good chest has my opinion.

see Arnold etc.
Lol.

Little presumptive, don't you think?

Mechanics bro, look it up. Pec pulls arm down and across, which actives the entire pec. It's exactly what happens, no bro science. My chest is far more sore top to bottom with declines than it EVER was with inclines. In fact, I completely dropped inclines and only do declines as I feel it activates far more muscle fibers.

Besides, Arnold attributed his chest to flyes mostly. And I'm sure genetics and his massive ribcage has a little to do with it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
Lol.

Mechanics bro, look it up. Pec pulls arm down and across, which actives the entire pec. It's exactly what happens, no bro science. My chest is far more sore top to bottom with declines than it EVER was with inclines. In fact, I completely dropped inclines and only do declines as I feel it activates far more muscle fibers.

Besides, Arnold attributed his chest to flyes mostly. And I'm sure genetics and his massive ribcage has a little to do with it.
If I do a bench press flat my pecs relax when I get past midpoint, they are only under stress in the bottom of the movement.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
Lol.

you really are a retard. the wole spectrum of fibers over the chest is not contracted the same depending on angle

http://365bodybuilding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Decline-dumbbell-flyes.jpg
http://postfiles2.naver.net/20130114_177/hose6910_1358130638439pVFRV_JPEG/Decline_press_anatomy_copy.jpg?type=w2

maybe you think shoulder presses hits the lower chest then hahaha
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/69/d2/7c69d26b65710f0bc64b06cb3f65de85.jpg

Simple Simon

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2014, 12:04:15 PM »
you really are a retard. the wole spectrum of fibers over the chest is not contracted the same depending on angle

http://365bodybuilding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Decline-dumbbell-flyes.jpg
http://postfiles2.naver.net/20130114_177/hose6910_1358130638439pVFRV_JPEG/Decline_press_anatomy_copy.jpg?type=w2

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/69/d2/7c69d26b65710f0bc64b06cb3f65de85.jpg

Can you point out what part of Shawns Pecs are relaxed in that picture?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2014, 12:14:34 PM »
Can you point out what part of Shawns Pecs are relaxed in that picture?

way to simplify. you don't know human anatomy. obvious...

flexing is not the same as puting load on a muscle at an angle.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
I feel dips more than any other pec exercise. Of course, my pecs aren't exactly "world class" (despite what my wife says).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »

It may not load the areas of the pecs the same, but it still stands that mechanically, the pec is designed to bring the arm across and down. Thats their entire purpose, and it recruits the most fibers doing that. Which is exactly what I said the whole time.

Plud I dont think BB.com diagramds, no matter how fancy, are going to convince the scientific crowd. Lots of bro-science in all their logic.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
What I`ve noticed when it comes to chest development is that it`s not the angle of the body, i.e. decline, incline, etc, but where you lower the bar.   When I want to focus on upper chest I do a regular bench press, except I lower the bar to my neck instead of my chest.

Simple Simon

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
way to simplify. you don't know human anatomy. obvious...

flexing is not the same as puting load on a muscle at an angle.

???

The hands down at the waist flexes the entire pec including the upper pec.

I hope ESFitness re-posts his destruction of the incline press as an upper chest builder.

It was basically saying that for the last 30 years people have been working inclines to build the upper pecs yet there are still very few athletes with thick upper pecs.

Why not?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
???

I hope ESFitness re-posts his destruction of the incline press as an upper chest builder.

It was basically saying that for the last 30 years people have been working inclines to build the upper pecs yet there are still very few athletes with thick upper pecs.

Why not?
Dorian actually mentioned that, that he thinks deckines are the best for overall chest development, as it hits the most parts lf the pec thanks to body mechanics. ... BUT, towards the end of his career when he wad working on refining he focused on inclines, which I found interesting.

Dorian has a very no-nonsense, scientific approach to hos exercise choices based on body mechanics and the way each musvle was designed to function.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
???

Why not?
THIS ..plus front delts come into play most people who are strong at pressing and have weak pecs'size wise'have front delts to spare.upper chest and clavicle depends on ones structure wide/narrow and how chest falls in with front delts .overpowering delts will make chest appear smaller ,Arnold had full pecs and sloped shoulders chest was focal point..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »
Plus the steeper the incline the more stress is taken off the pecs and placed on the front delts.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
Plus the steeper the incline the more stress is taken off the pecs and placed on the front delts.
this as well...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
Here's my case against LONG TERM Ketosis.

If your brain really preferred  Ketones over Glucose, why isn't Ketosis the brain's default source of energy with Glucose serving as the backup?

The body has much more stored fat than carbs, yet the brain will first use the latter.

The reason is that Glucose is the body's preferred energy source for intense effort: sprinting, weight lifting and THINKING.

IMO, you want to eat enough carbs so that your brain and Glycogen stores are supplied, but not so much that the body will use them for basic metabolic needs and put dietary fat in storage.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2014, 01:03:31 PM »
Here's my case against LONG TERM Ketosis.

If your brain really preferred  Ketones over Glucose, why isn't Ketosis the brain's default source of energy with Glucose serving as the backup?

The body has much more stored fat than carbs, yet the brain will first use the latter.

The reason is that Glucose is the body's preferred energy source for intense effort: sprinting, weight lifting and THINKING.

IMO, you want to eat enough carbs so that your brain and Glycogen stores are supplied, but not so much that the body will use them for basic metabolic needs and put dietary fat in storage.

I get mean and cant think straight on low carbs.

I prefer carbs + t3. ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2014, 10:05:40 AM »
Why the fuck would you want to ruin your metabolism with fad restrictive diet when you are shredded as fuck year round on tons of carbs? You are lean enough, going lower with bodyfat has no purpose if you are not willing to get on stage.

People have been eating this way for 200,000 years, I'm not sure it's a fad.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »
People have been eating this way for 200,000 years, I'm not sure it's a fad.

i know you're full of shit cuz the bible says the earth is 3000 years old

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

Good point  :D

Adam and Steve were big on Carb loading too.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »
http://www.beverlyinternational.com/products/ultra40.html

I take these almost every day.  They don't stink or smell at all.
I can't stand the taste of liver so taking a 2-3 tabs a few times a day is my alternative to eating it.   
You must be a monster!  :o

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
6000, get it right dam it

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2014, 01:15:20 PM »
6 eggs and half and avacado
10 oz bison, unlimited broccoli  
8 oz chicken, spinach salad, macadamia nut oil, handful almonds
8 oz grass fed ground beef, unlimited broccoli meal
post workout shake 2 scoop isopure
10 oz salmon, asparagus sprinkled in olive oil

Lets see:

[ all measurements obtained by typing "calorie in <quantity> <item>" into google ]

half an avocado: 6g
"unlimited broccoli", let's say 1 lb: 32g
"handful" almonds, lets say 50g: 11g
"spinach" salad, lets say 2 servings spinach (plus who knows what else): 2g
"unlimited broccoli", again 1lb: 32g
isopure: im going to assume 0 carb variety
asparagus (lets say 2 cups, or 270g): 10g

So 93 grams of carb (and I think this is being conservative) is "keto" ???