Author Topic: Going 4 It!! Ketogenic Style!!  (Read 19155 times)

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: Going 4 It!! Ketogenic Style!!
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
Lets see:

[ all measurements obtained by typing "calorie in <quantity> <item>" into google ]

half an avocado: 6g
"unlimited broccoli", let's say 1 lb: 32g
"handful" almonds, lets say 50g: 11g
"spinach" salad, lets say 2 servings spinach (plus who knows what else): 2g
"unlimited broccoli", again 1lb: 32g
isopure: im going to assume 0 carb variety
asparagus (lets say 2 cups, or 270g): 10g

So 93 grams of carb (and I think this is being conservative) is "keto" ???

so there's this carb called fiber. it's great, how it works is it's a carb sure, but the body cannot digest it so it just passes through without getting absorbed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »
You must be a monster!  :o

and there is no doubt you're a certified moron with profound self esteem issues

Complex Carbs

« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »
bullshit!!! stop missleading

train a session inclines only and you will get a sore upper chest.

train flat and declines only and you will get a sore lower chest.
Lets see your tits then, "coach".

Complex Carbs

« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »

I prefer carbs + t3. ;D
Please show the world where this carbs + t3 has brought you.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
It would be interesting to see how many instances of "passenger overboard, body never recovered" have occurred on these cruise ships that Go4it works on.  I get a weird serial killer vibe from him/his posts.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2014, 12:19:25 AM »
It would be interesting to see how many instances of "passenger overboard, body never recovered" have occurred on these cruise ships that Go4it works on.  I get a weird serial killer vibe from him/his posts.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 07:54:03 AM »
So how, and how often do you carb up Go 4 It?

Do you need to carb up just cause your muscles are flat? That doesn't actually mean you're losing muscle does it?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »

Well, its brought me from 320lbs @ 40%+ to 237 lbs @ 14ish%, so id assume you could have figured out that carbs+t3 has gotten me from being extremely obese, to just kinda fat.

Im going to go ahead and assume you're new here and havent seen any of the other posts in the last half decade where I have explained my journey from obese child to semi-fitness, back to obesity from health issues and back to semi-fitness, now on my way to actually being in some semblance of real shape for the 1st time in my life.

/pointless getbig life story

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
Well, its brought me from 320lbs @ 40%+ to 237 lbs @ 14ish%, so id assume you could have figured out that carbs+t3 has gotten me from being extremely obese, to just kinda fat.

Im going to go ahead and assume you're new here and havent seen any of the other posts in the last half decade where I have explained my journey from obese child to semi-fitness, back to obesity from health issues and back to semi-fitness, now on my way to actually being in some semblance of real shape for the 1st time in my life.

props dude. keep grinding.
b

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2014, 05:04:22 AM »
It may not load the areas of the pecs the same, but it still stands that mechanically, the pec is designed to bring the arm across and down. Thats their entire purpose, and it recruits the most fibers doing that. Which is exactly what I said the whole time.

Plud I dont think BB.com diagramds, no matter how fancy, are going to convince the scientific crowd. Lots of bro-science in all their logic.
Well studies have been done that prove putting a  bench on a slight incline 10 - 30 degrees does activate the fibres in the upper chest more than flat or decline.

Incline is superior to standard flat or decline pressing for this purpose and this is backed by exercise physiology testings .
To get the most activation of the fibers in this area then flat pressing or even inclining with a reverse grip is the best pressing motion to use, again backed by studies.

A slight incline is superior for full pec development as the body naturally drops shoulders back and arches the pecs upwards and this lends to activating the upper section more,
giving the so called perfect set up for benching for full pec development.
People that are genetically blessed for flat benching just fall into this position on the flat , chest high, shoulders back and down and shoulder blades pinched together , these people
have the perfect structure for benching and can develop full thick pecs from top to bottom with flat benching alone - think nubret and columbo as prime examples.

Simple Simon

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2014, 05:12:07 AM »
Well studies have been done that prove putting a  bench on a slight incline 10 - 30 degrees does activate the fibres in the upper chest more than flat or decline.

Incline is superior to standard flat or decline pressing for this purpose and this is backed by exercise physiology testings .
To get the most activation of the fibers in this area then flat pressing or even inclining with a reverse grip is the best pressing motion to use, again backed by studies.

A slight incline is superior for full pec development as the body naturally drops shoulders back and arches the pecs upwards and this lends to activating the upper section more,
giving the so called perfect set up for benching for full pec development.
People that are genetically blessed for flat benching just fall into this position on the flat , chest high, shoulders back and down and shoulder blades pinched together , these people
have the perfect structure for benching and can develop full thick pecs from top to bottom with flat benching alone - think nubret and columbo as prime examples.

So why after the last 30 years of incline pressing do we not see every top cometitor with full upper chests?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2014, 05:13:19 AM »
???

The hands down at the waist flexes the entire pec including the upper pec.

I hope ESFitness re-posts his destruction of the incline press as an upper chest builder.

It was basically saying that for the last 30 years people have been working inclines to build the upper pecs yet there are still very few athletes with thick upper pecs.

Why not?
As I pointed out to him , the fibers in the area of the upper section are far and few between compared with the lower to outer sections - you will never see thick upper pecs
that compare to lower and outer for this very reason , the meat of the pec are in the mid/lower to outer areas - unless it's on a genetic freak like Arnold.

The upper section is thin on fibers ( for the average trainer)and that is why it's harder to develop and bring up.

All chest exercises work the whole pectoral structure , "but" you can put more stress on certain areas of the muscle by doing certain exercises , in this case inclined work.

If you use a reverse grip on bent rows (using correct form mind) then the whole of the lat contracts (along with other back muscles) but more stress is directed toward the lower
areas/fibers , the same apply's for all muscle groups .

There's no "bro science" in any of this it's fact.

:)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2014, 05:15:00 AM »
So why after the last 30 years of incline pressing do we not see every top cometitor with full upper chests?
See above ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2014, 05:17:01 AM »
As I pointed out to him , the fibers in the area of the upper section are far and few between compared with the lower to outer sections - you will never see thick upper pecs
compared to lower and outer for this very reason , the meat of the pec are in the mid/lower to outer areas - unless it's on a genetic freak like Arnold.

The upper section is thin on fibers ( for the average trainer)and that is why it's harder to develop and bring up.

All chest exercises work the whole pectoral structure , "but" you can put more stress on certain areas of the muscle by doing certain exercises , in this case inclined work.

If you use a reverse grip on bent rows (using correct form mind) then the whole of the lat contracts (along with other back muscles) but more stress is directed toward the lower
areas/fibers , the same apply's for all muscle groups .

There's no "bro science" in any of this it's fact.

:)

So a thick upper chest is down to genetics.

Gotcha.
If you have the fibres there they will be stimulated by any exercise, inclines wont make them any bigger, no evidence at all for that.

Also, if its "fact" why doesnt everyone who does inclines have thick upper pecs.
I dont care what all the studies say, look around, the evidence contrary to the studies is staring you in the face.
For the record if I do inclines all I get is a pump in my delts and arms, zippo in the chest.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »
So a thick upper chest is down to genetics.

Gotcha.
If you have the fibres there they will be stimulated by any exercise, inclines wont make them any bigger, no evidence at all for that.
Genetics is key in anything - but no that's not what I said , there are studies that show inclines work the area harder - how thick and developed
will be determined by genetics, but it would be foolish not to try and develop the area to the best you can using the tools (inclines or reverse bench) that have been shown
in countless studies to work this section of the muscle and put more of the load and emphasis on this area.

You disagree and have found something that works for you - that's fine.  :)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2014, 05:27:24 AM »
Lets talk about Ketogenic dieting you fucking buzzards... No one gives a shit about upper chest development.  >:( >:( ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2014, 05:28:37 AM »
Genetics is key in anything - but no that's not what I said , there are studies that show inclines work the area harder - how thick and developed
will be determined by genetics, but it would be foolish not to try and develop the area to the best you can using the tools (inclines or reverse bench) that have been shown
in countless studies to work this section of the muscle and put more of the load and emphasis on this area.

You disagree and have found something that works for you - that's fine.  :)

Stop quoting studies and look at the evidence.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2014, 05:46:13 AM »

I dont care what all the studies say, look around, the evidence contrary to the studies is staring you in the face.
For the record if I do inclines all I get is a pump in my delts and arms, zippo in the chest.
Check your form then  ;)
If you are not setting yourself up right then of course you wont feel it in the area .
Stop quoting studies and look at the evidence.
I'd say most peoples form is the issue.. Studies just back up what is being said that incline work does work the upper sections.

If you can't feel inclines in the upper area it could be a number of things , form being one ?

You say look around the evidence is contrary - well look to the guys with developed chests top to bottom , what do they do ? they have inclines in there chest routines.
of course genetics is the be end of all,  but if they hadn't of spent time focusing on the upper areas (with inclines) they certainly would not have developed like they did
this is fact and studies just enforce it.

The upper area is hard to develop on most people EG: the majority - but that is certainly not "evidence" as you say and is no case to say inclines don't develop this area.
I think "evidence" is a poor word to use as there is zilch it's just a hard area to develop for most

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2014, 05:46:28 AM »
Lets talk about Ketogenic dieting you fucking buzzards... No one gives a shit about upper chest development.  >:( >:( ;D

Since the brain's preferred source of energy is glucose, in Ketosis, the body produces glucose from alternative sources: gluconeogenesis, mainly from Protein.

So, if you're in Ketosis, you want to up your Protein intake to account for the loss.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:53 AM »
Sorry Mum  ;D

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »

Complex Crabs is an evidential poster...and rightly so
S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2014, 06:56:35 AM »

keeop fighting the fight bro 8)
T

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
So how, and how often do you carb up Go 4 It?

Do you need to carb up just cause your muscles are flat? That doesn't actually mean you're losing muscle does it?
I've carbed up 3 times in 10 weeks of prep thus far..sure I had more fullness the next two days or so, but I've found with more red meat/bison it keeps me looking fuller and gives me more energy, also the addition of a creatine supplement works great with this keto diet.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:13 AM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:44 AM »
I've carbed up 3 times in 10 weeks of prep thus far..sure I had more fullness the next two days or so, but I've found with more red meat/bison it keeps me looking fuller and gives me more energy, also the addition of a creatine supplement works great with this keto diet.

Very cool, thanks!