Author Topic: How to do weight training without slowing down in kickboxing/boxing/mma -iddeas?  (Read 676 times)

MADSamoan

• Getbig II
Everytime I do weights I slow down - any ideas how to keep speed and strength?

Melkor

• Getbig III
Explain "do weights".

If performed correctly, weight training should not maintain but improve your speed and strength more than any other form of training.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Reduce hemi-iron.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Don't go as heavy in your weight training sessions......

You will maintain size and you won't be so sore......which would slow you down....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

You sound like a bitch.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV

Drugs......

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lifting won't make you slower. Use some explosive lifts like power cleans or one arm dumbbell snatches. If you are a fighter between doing striking, ground game and cardio you will only be able to do a limited weight routine.  Doing a typical bodybuilding routine of 4 exercises for a bicep is a waste of time with no increase in performance when trying to become a better fighter. Maybe a whole body routine with just a few exercises twice a week.

Core

• Getbig III
x2 on oldtimer's thoughts. explosive stuff like he said. pullups n deadlifts solid choices too imo.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
b

MADSamoan

• Getbig II
Lifting won't make you slower. Use some explosive lifts like power cleans or one arm dumbbell snatches. If you are a fighter between doing striking, ground game and cardio you will only be able to do a limited weight routine.  Doing a typical bodybuilding routine of 4 exercises for a bicep is a waste of time with no increase in performance when trying to become a better fighter. Maybe a whole body routine with just a few exercises twice a week.

Nice one oldtimer let you know how it goes.

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
Old timer is correct. You should be getting faster following a routine as such... focus more on fast twitch.  Doing a bodybuilding routine will build slow twitch fibers.  Useless for speed, power, etc. If you're an athlete train like one.. you want functional muscle..
i

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Work on explosive movements and endurance, don't train for size.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
youre not slowing down you are just hitting muscle fatigue. if you throw too many hooks you are gonna fuck up your sholder

stick to straight punches and jabs simple one twos and upper cuts dont do hooks
A