Author Topic: Please join me in congratulating Hazbin for his Blue Stars!  (Read 12935 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Please join me in congratulating Hazbin for his Blue Stars!
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
Hazbin has probably the best physique on getbig but he is humble and didn't whine about blue stars. Vince Basile could learn from hazbin's modesty.

We can all congratulate Hazbin on his physique. Sure he is a nice guy, even Josh says so. I am confident he would rather have the Mr Canada title than

Blue Stars on Getbig.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
We can all congratulate Hazbin on his physique. Sure he is a nice guy, even Josh says so. I am confident he would rather have the Mr Canada title than

Blue Stars on Getbig.

Shit, what else do you need?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »

Blue Stars on Getbig.

Vince, in all seriousness. You need to stop saving peoples pictures. It's creepy man.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
I guess my legs were a weak point

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:26 PM »
I guess my legs were a weak point

How disappointing to have such a great build and not be the national champion. Big arms, calves, forearms, good width, taper, great legs, abs...nothing missing!

You said you listened to various bodybuilders re contest preparation but always came in not looking your best.

We heard about Samir Bannout having the same problem. I guess the quest for 'conditioning' has changed bodybuilding and probably not for the best.

Dennis James had the same problem and never looked as good as he did a few weeks out. We listen to broscience at our peril.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2014, 08:37:11 PM »
my back was also a problem area ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
my back was also a problem area ;D

In honor of your recent blue stars, Golf is on me when you get out here again.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »
In honor of your recent blue stars, Golf is on me when you get out here again.

thanx Joe!!  my back hurts so bad I have to play one handed.  the good news is I can hit it straight down the middle 220 one handed 9 times out of ten.   you should see it!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
thanx Joe!!  my back hurts so bad I have to play one handed.  the good news is I can hit it straight down the middle 220 one handed 9 times out of ten.   you should see it!!

You still have number, let me know.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »
You still have number, let me know.

sure thing.   thanx.   just don't try to make me follow you thru a damn workout ;D

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2014, 01:31:57 AM »
how many bb related injuries do you have that you still habe problems with?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
how many bb related injuries do you have that you still habe problems with?

mostly my spine.  it's fukked from my ass to my ears.    bulging discs, arthritis, degenerated discs, name it.

hard to get out of bed each day.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
mostly my spine.  it's fukked from my ass to my ears.    bulging discs, arthritis, degenerated discs, name it.

I can relate and my worse issue is c6 pressing on my radial nerve.  Feels like my arm and hand is broken when it inflamed!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2014, 05:00:10 PM »

Lifting heavy weights will do that. When you keep trying really hard to win a big show you tend to go to extremes. Happened to Ronnie Coleman, Jay, Dorian.

We all believed that lifting heavier would result in bigger muscles. We forgot that powerlifters weren't the biggest guys out there. Well, except for the super heavyweight class.

I also tore a biceps trying to set a gym record. Arthur Jones told us to build muscle, not demonstrate strength. He was right but we all thought those warnings were unnecessary.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »
Lifting heavy weights will do that. When you keep trying really hard to win a big show you tend to go to extremes. Happened to Ronnie Coleman, Jay, Dorian.

We all believed that lifting heavier would result in bigger muscles. We forgot that powerlifters weren't the biggest guys out there. Well, except for the super heavyweight class.

I also tore a biceps trying to set a gym record. Arthur Jones told us to build muscle, not demonstrate strength. He was right but we all thought those warnings were unnecessary.

You fool its the QUALITY of muscle that heavy weights build. Theres just a different look to it and thats why the old school bbers trained heavy. For dense muscularity plain and simple.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
You fool its the QUALITY of muscle that heavy weights build. Theres just a different look to it and thats why the old school bbers trained heavy. For dense muscularity plain and simple.

What is this quality of muscle you are talking about? From what I have seen the big guys today are stronger than the old school guys.

Hypertrophy is triggered by heavy resistance up to a point. It is far more important to do volume. The set after set after set with a reasonably heavy resistance is what does it.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »
What is this quality of muscle you are talking about? From what I have seen the big guys today are stronger than the old school guys.

Hypertrophy is triggered by heavy resistance up to a point. It is far more important to do volume. The set after set after set with a reasonably heavy resistance is what does it.

Not true, and are their chests bigger today? Nope. Chests were thicker back then and its no coincidence the guys who trained heavy bench and flies had the biggest ribcages/chests. Mind you they achieved this by doing very heavy volumized low rep compounds.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »
Not true, and are their chests bigger today? Nope. Chests were thicker back then and its no coincidence the guys who trained heavy bench and flies had the biggest ribcages/chests. Mind you they achieved this by doing very heavy volumized low rep compounds.

For some reason, known only to laymen, muscles tear using really heavy weights. Ask Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates. Smart bodybuilders avoid those heavy weights and do more reps with lesser poundages.

The two biggest chests that I am aware of are Leroy Colbert and Arnold. Seems to me you need special genetics to get those huge pecs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »
For some reason, known only to laymen, muscles tear using really heavy weights. Ask Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates. Smart bodybuilders avoid those heavy weights and do more reps with lesser poundages.

The two biggest chests that I am aware of are Leroy Colbert and Arnold. Seems to me you need special genetics to get those huge pecs.

Genetics are key. I am not sure it is so much the actual poundage that causes muscle tears as pushing them too far. On the other hand I know folks who have fucked up their delts with uncontrolled lifting technics. So I suspect that as long as one can keep the movement strict, how much weight they move is secondary to injuries.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »

jeez, do you still train or are like me do it on and off and mostly living on old merits  ;D

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

Genetics, partially. But they wouldn't have developed chests like that from doing push ups I assure you  ;)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »
jeez, do you still train or are like me do it on and off and mostly living on old merits  ;D

sounds like you know me ;D

'that's nuthin, back when i was your age…….'

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
Rik,you should make a comeback and hit next years Masters Class North Americas......pro-card for sure.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »
Rik,you should make a comeback and hit next years Masters Class North Americas......pro-card for sure.

the canadians are usually in september, but next year they are in july, one week before my 50th birthday.  that sucks, because i coulda been the youngest guy in the over 50 class.  and it;s in my province too

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »
the canadians are usually in september, but next year they are in july, one week before my 50th birthday.  that sucks, because i coulda been the youngest guy in the over 50 class.  and it;s in my province too
I`m dead serious,your bad luck streak of getting robbed has to end somewhere.

Lots of great over 50 guys but if you get in shape,I bet you`d kill them.

Anyway,congrats on the stars and you`re an inspiration my friend.  ;)