Author Topic: Early Morning Fasted Cardio  (Read 5043 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: Early Morning Fasted Cardio
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
Dayum XFACTOR....you're looking shredded and full, improved from last pic I saw and you were in great shape then.

I've just picked up the pace too since coming back from hols now....getting ready for Ibiza mid august.

I want to go so bad!!

No one and I are heading to a huge music fest this weekend here in Toronto.  In full shred mode for that.

Luciano and Deep Dish!!!

http://digitaldreamsfest.ca/festival-artist-lineup/

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »

Would luv to personally hand you those flowers.

I'm not sure I could have made the photo any more gay.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »
Mentally? Yes, Any OCD ritual that makes you stick to a routine will help

Physiologically ? Not very much in the big picture.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »
I met Tony Robbins in an elevator recently. He said some things to me and now I find myself doing early morning cardio and focusing on women's inner beauty.

When will you be joining the Peace Corps?

~

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
Works for me.  All homo.  Join me under the towel anyone?

would.
with the fire of a thousand suns, would.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »
Does it really make a difference?  ???

It has helped me a lot even though I am nowhere near "competition" class. 
~

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »
Not for me, but hey, my breakfast is always after 12:00. Usually at 12:30, sometimes even at 14:00. And I get up at 6:15. I just can't eat in the morning... Makes me sick as a dog.  :-\
So all cardio and weighttraining I do fasted. If I eat before taining, I just puke...

You did just run it a few times with vinegar or lemon juice instead of water, instead of really scrubbing, didn't you?

Yeah... lol... Thanks  :P

I ran vinegar through it and then several pots of distilled water. I literally had to scrub the water reservoir though and the top part that the water drips out of. I mean it was so nasty and somehow I never noticed it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
When will you be joining the Peace Corps?

lol

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
Yeah... lol... Thanks  :P

I ran vinegar through it and then several pots of distilled water. I literally had to scrub the water reservoir though and the top part that the water drips out of. I mean it was so nasty and somehow I never noticed it.

You dirty boy!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
I want to go so bad!!

No one and I are heading to a huge music fest this weekend here in Toronto.  In full shred mode for that.

Luciano and Deep Dish!!!

Will be making a visit to thr stated next year, we could all hit Vegas or something.
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:50 AM »
Will be making a visit to thr stated next year, we could all hit Vegas or something.

Does this illiterate sentence suggest that some folks are headed across the pond? That would be sweet.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
I want to go so bad!!

Luciano and Deep Dish!!!

this is going to be nuts.

plus two studs like us. how can it not be a great day.

oh, as to the original purpose of the thread- train and do cardio fasted. thank me later.
b

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
Works for me.  All homo.  Join me under the towel anyone?

great built, size and bodyfat level wise.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »

However, if you're glycogen depleted then more of the calories you're burning will come from fat.

Not necessarily.  Whether your burning glucose or fat depends on the intensity level of the exercise you`re performing, not your glycogen levels.   i.e. A person can have very low glycogen levels and even be depleted of glycogen, and may not be burning fat efficiently if they are exercising beyond their aerobic capacity.  (aerobic vs anaerobic). Your body will break down muscle to fuel anaerobic activity without adequate glycogen.  This is why HIIT is a definite no-no when you are on a ultra-low carbohydrate diet.  When eating ultra low carb, stick to steady-state aerobic cardio, which burns fat for fuel.   If you`re doing HIIT, eat your carbs.

Also, it`s a fallacy that you are carb-depleted in the mornings after a night of sleeping.  The average person has 300gms of glycogen stored in their muscles and in their liver.  A level of glycogen that would need considerably more than 8 hours to deplete.  Around the 48-72 hour mark is where the average sedentary person starts to deplete their glycogen stores.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 05:13:35 AM »
Is there any point in doing fasted cardio when you're on Keto? ???

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »
Is there any point in doing fasted cardio when you're on Keto? ???
If you put a white towel over your head it works

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:23 AM »
This totally works for me as well...... 6 mornings a week....
Combined with a basic Keto diet I'm now at 9% and 204 pounds.
Been losing about 1 pound of fat a week since late february.
In 5 more weeks I'll be shredded .....all thanks to 2 things.
Fasted cardio and Keto.
The weights are done 4 days a week usually midday.
Monday - Pull....Back /Bi's/Traps
Tuesday- Delts/Calfs
Wednesday-Thighs
Friday Push...Chest/Triceps
I do abs 3-4 nights a week in my living room.
-Carry on  :)

How tall are you?
Mr. AZ 2003

Complex Carbs

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »
Try this:

Eat nothing before your cardio for 8 weeks.

Then:

Eat 150 grams of sugar before your cardio for 8 weeks.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
Not necessarily.  Whether your burning glucose or fat depends on the intensity level of the exercise you`re performing, not your glycogen levels.   i.e. A person can have very low glycogen levels and even be depleted of glycogen, and may not be burning fat efficiently if they are exercising beyond their aerobic capacity.  (aerobic vs anaerobic). Your body will break down muscle to fuel anaerobic activity without adequate glycogen.  This is why HIIT is a definite no-no when you are on a ultra-low carbohydrate diet.  When eating ultra low carb, stick to steady-state aerobic cardio, which burns fat for fuel.   If you`re doing HIIT, eat your carbs.

Also, it`s a fallacy that you are carb-depleted in the mornings after a night of sleeping.  The average person has 300gms of glycogen stored in their muscles and in their liver.  A level of glycogen that would need considerably more than 8 hours to deplete.  Around the 48-72 hour mark is where the average sedentary person starts to deplete their glycogen stores.

This is all correct. The early morning, fasted cardio BURNING pure fat idea is largely bro science / myth. It's not backed up my any real studies or data. I dont have time/desire to dig it all up and spoon feed you. Its all about daily calories in / calories out over time and the makeup (macros) of those calories that dictate body composition. Cardio AT ANY time helps with this. The idea that doing it in the morning is magical is myth. I lot of people do it just because its an ideal way to break things up but there is very little evidence that it truly makes you leaner. Anecdotal reports seem abundant though which just goes to show you're all fucking idiots.

Strength and Conditioning Journal by Brad Schoenfeld, MSc, CSCS
Here are the cliffs for you lazy mouth breathers that learned everything you know from flex magazine:

-research has shown no difference in total fat loss between subjects doing fasted cardio and those doing cardio after eating.

-fat burning consists of 1) liberating fatty acids from adipose tissue through lipolysis and then transport of those fatty acids to other tissues like muscle, liver, heart where they are then 2) oxidized for energy. When you eat before cardio you reduce lipolysis but it ends up not making a difference because lipolysis is NOT the rate limiting step of fat loss when it comes to cardio, it is oxidation that is rate limiting so you end up oxidizing the same amount

-you may burn MORE fat over a 24 hour period when you eat beforehand because there is a GREATER thermogenic response to cardio as opposed to eating fasted

-Lemon et al. demonstrated nitrogen losses were DOUBLED when you train fasted. Fantastic for maintaining muscle in a caloric deficit... NOT

-not eating before cardio will reduce training intensity and means you will burn less calories during cardio because you won't have as much energy.

In conclusion, the literature does not support the efficacy of training early in the morning on an empty stomach as a tactic to reduce body fat. At best, the net effect on fat loss associated with such an approach will be no better than training after meal consumption, and quite possibly, it would produce inferior results. Moreover, given that training with depleted glycogen levels has been shown to increase proteolysis, the strategy has potential detrimental effects for those concerned with muscle strength and hypertrophy.

Schoenfeld, Brad. Does Cardio After an Overnight Fast Maximize Fat Loss. Strength and Conditioning Journal. 2010

Paoli et al. Exercising Fasting or Fed to Enhance Fat Loss? Influence of Food Intake on Respiratory Ratio and Excess Postexercise Oxygen Consumption After a Bout of Endurance Training. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2011

Whitney E, Rolfes S. Understanding Nutrition. 13th edition. 2013

Gropper SS. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. Sixth edition. 2013

If it were not for the divine light givers such as myself and Rudee, you fucking meatheads would continue living in the dark for ages. Getting up at 5am for your grueling and exhausting (and pointless) fasted AM cardio. Fucking miserable.

ROGER FUCKING BACON FREE YOUR MIND!!!!

Complex Carbs

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
@ Alpine:

Do you have pictures to back up your claims or maybe experience (i doubt that) ?

Or will it be copy & paste, as usual?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
no one and x

must meet up with the uk crew at some point
T

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:47 AM »
@ Alpine:

Do you have pictures to back up your claims or maybe experience (i doubt that) ?

Or will it be copy & paste, as usual?

Look at my fucking post above you fucking clown. Would pics make it anymore credible? I could be Steven fucking Hawking in a wheel chair and it would not change what I posted. Or I could be a complete idiot who is 6' 225 ripped to the bone and attribute it all to fasted morning cardio. I know plenty of those people too. People posting experiences means nothing because most people are fucking idiots. FACT. Many people who possess very little knowledge of how or why the body works get ripped doing what they are told and following old dogmatic principles. Would a pic of that person make them credible?  Would you really want Ronnie Coleman to give you advice on physiology of the human body? I'm pretty sure he reads on a 10th grade level. He could barely explain what the supplements he was taking in his video did for his body (literally "dis one heya foh my livah. Dis one one here keeps my blood good...."). He just knew Chad told him to take them. Pretty sure no matter how much knowledge most of us possess, we could never be on his level either.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
Look at my fucking post above you fucking clown. Would pics make it anymore credible? I could be Steven fucking Hawking in a wheel chair and it would not change what I posted. Or I could be a complete idiot who is 6' 225 ripped to the bone and attribute it all to fasted morning cardio. I know plenty of those people too. People posting experiences means nothing because most people are fucking idiots. FACT. Many people who possess very little knowledge of how or why the body works get ripped doing what they are told and following old dogmatic principles. Would a pic of that person make them credible?  Would you really want Ronnie Coleman to give you advice on physiology of the human body? I'm pretty sure he reads on a 10th grade level. He could barely explain what the supplements he was taking in his video did for his body (literally). He just knew Chad told him to take them. Pretty sure no matter how much knowledge most of us possess, we could never be on his level either.

i would be interested to hear your theories on the universe steven
T

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »
i would be interested to hear your theories on the universe steven

My theory is that you are Skorpio's biggest cheerleader. You should be ashamed but you're too stupid and impressionable.

Go play some fucking GTA on your Xbox or something you dipshit. You simple minded little cog. I'm trying to fucking free minds here.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 08:35:42 AM »

Interesting post, thanks for sharing.

I did HITT for 18.5 minutes, 4x per weerk, right after my weight training with 400gr of carbs. In order to reach my BF goal. I experienced that there was no need to lower that amount.