Author Topic: Early Morning Fasted Cardio  (Read 5042 times)

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
Re: Early Morning Fasted Cardio
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 08:35:58 AM »
Wake up, drink some coffee and go run a couple miles.

Got dam rocket science I tell ya.

Complex Carbs

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
Look at my fucking post above you fucking clown. Would pics make it anymore credible? I could be Steven fucking Hawking in a wheel chair and it would not change what I posted. Or I could be a complete idiot who is 6' 225 ripped to the bone and attribute it all to fasted morning cardio. I know plenty of those people too. People posting experiences means nothing because most people are fucking idiots. FACT. Many people who possess very little knowledge of how or why the body works get ripped doing what they are told and following old dogmatic principles. Would a pic of that person make them credible?  Would you really want Ronnie Coleman to give you advice on physiology of the human body? I'm pretty sure he reads on a 10th grade level. He could barely explain what the supplements he was taking in his video did for his body (literally "dis one heya foh my livah. Dis one one here keeps my blood good...."). He just knew Chad told him to take them. Pretty sure no matter how much knowledge most of us possess, we could never be on his level either.
I have not read neither your long essay, nor this quoted meltdown.

You are not shredded, you haven't got any size, there would be pictures if you were.

I suspect you do not train at all.

Every pro and competitor, what do they do in the morning, and why, do they have it all wrong?

At least they have pictures.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
Yes. The body has gone without food for at least 8 or more hours and doing cardio means that it potentially burns more bodyfat. Also it ramps the metabolic rate up for the rest of the day.

No it does not, it's been proven by science you dumb whore.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
@ Alpine:

Do you have pictures to back up your claims or maybe experience (i doubt that) ?

Or will it be copy & paste, as usual?

Hey Complex......Alpine is an out of shape, scruffy old fat turd
S

Complex Carbs

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
Hey Complex......Alpine is an out of shape, scruffy old fat turd
Oh!

There was me thinking he must be very well built, and just doesn't want his identity disclosed, or anything about him.

He is posting all this scientific data, and thinks this will give him credibility.

I guess all the competitors must be naive to do cardio on empty stomach, in the morning, when it's the most grueling.

Instead of laying about and have some food and then do the cardio, full of energy.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
Oh!

There was me thinking he must be very well built, and just doesn't want his identity disclosed, or anything about him.

He is posting all this scientific data, and thinks this will give him credibility.

I guess all the competitors must be naive to do cardio on empty stomach, in the morning, when it's the most grueling.

Instead of laying about and have some food and then do the cardio, full of energy.

By what you said its obvious you have not read, nor understand, what the studies demonstrate.  It doesn't matter if its more grueling in the AM. Doing anything in the AM is harder. Idiot competitors who barely understand human physiology following a trainer's guidelines also means less to me than studies and scientists who understand the body. Even if they do get ripped, it was not because of when they did their cardio. It was because they dropped their cals and got the cardio in that day, period. When you eat before cardio you reduce lipolysis (release fatty acids) for that small window but it ends up NOT making a difference because lipolysis is NOT the rate limiting step of fat loss when it comes to cardio, it is oxidation (burning up or usage of the freed fatty acids) that is rate limiting so you end up oxidizing the same amount. In essence, it cancels each other out and you may actually just be causing more peripheral detrimental effects to muscle accrual and strength by doing cardio fasted and or glycogen depleted.

One scenario where I could see not eating making a difference is something like this. Wake up fasted, pin GH, train/cardio, liberate FFA to be oxidized, DO NOT EAT AFTER workout as well. Fast again for a min of 4 hrs, let the GH increase FFA release and oxidation in that window, thus surpassing (to some degree) the natural rate limits of the FFA release and oxidation steps. This is oversimplified but it needs to be for you fucking morons. Some people do this. Some people pin GH, work out then fast afterward for maximal fat loss. It is kind of along the lines of a carbless pwo protocol for fat loss. It's just horrible for gains and you better be on some moderate test/tren if you want to hold that mass. If one wanted to implement this for sheer fat loss it could have merit though, possibly.

If you think doing 30min of fasted cardio THEN having breakfast within 1hr of it means you burned more fat that day, you are mistaken. Simply not how the body works. You may have freed up more FFA but rate of oxidation would be the same in either scenario. The net result is the same as if you did your cardio PWO or some other time in a more fed state. The limit on the "fat burned" is the oxidation step not the release of the FFA. Thus there is no real benefit at all. The above mentioned scenario with a PWO fast could theoretically make a difference but even then its probably marginal.

Class Dismissed you slack jawed dolts!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »
Thanks Alpine!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:17 AM »
You guys overthink this shit. You won't answer this kind of questions on the level of biochemistry. There has been numerous studies on fasted vs non-fasted cardio/training and it has been proven time after time that it has no effect on fat loss. That's it, your wonderful physique and your beliefs are irrelevant. Of course uneducated twats will try to argue with me because they "look better" and "scientists look like shit". There is nothing to argue with, champ.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:02 PM »
You guys overthink this shit. You won't answer this kind of questions on the level of biochemistry. There has been numerous studies on fasted vs non-fasted cardio/training and it has been proven time after time that it has no effect on fat loss. That's it, your wonderful physique and your beliefs are irrelevant. Of course uneducated twats will try to argue with me because they "look better" and "scientists look like shit". There is nothing to argue with, champ.

MasterDebater.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 04:45:49 AM »
Yes. The body has gone without food for at least 8 or more hours and doing cardio means that it potentially burns more bodyfat. Also it ramps the metabolic rate up for the rest of the day.

I don't have the science behind it but I completely agree that cardio keeps burning calories after the run which contradicts some research. If a pound of fat takes 3500 calories to get rid of many times the amount of cardio I do will not account for the weight I lost. Yes, I'm taking into account dehydration. I ran a hard 5 miles yesterday and it does ramp up your metabolism for fat burning.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 05:17:23 AM »
Personally speaking i do not like early morning cardio. I prefer to workout and do cardio later in the Day when my Body is "Warmed" up. It is said that if you do cardio direct after weight Training you can achieve a good effect... however i think itīs more important to just DO it rather than when. Also the Intensity and Duration Come into Play. many factors.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 05:36:22 AM »
Cardio exercise (above a certain minimum intensity, probably) does indeed "rev up your metabolism" oh brother for some hours afterwards but the increase is pretty small bordering on negligible.

Whether or not you are fasted at the time makes even less of a difference.

Cardio does suppress your appetite (immediately afterwards, anyway) so maybe there are things there "to consider".

Simple Simon

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 05:39:58 AM »
Personally speaking i do not like early morning cardio. I prefer to workout and do cardio later in the Day when my Body is "Warmed" up. It is said that if you do cardio direct after weight Training you can achieve a good effect... however i think itīs more important to just DO it rather than when. Also the Intensity and Duration Come into Play. many factors.
So you like to lift weights when you are not warmed up as opposed to doing cardio?
Each to their own I suppose.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »
No it does not, it's been proven by science you dumb whore.
Who the fuck are you? You cock sucker

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 05:50:39 AM »
If you feel you must eat before training or cardio,do not eat carbs.

Tip of the day.  ;)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:49 AM »
So you like to lift weights when you are not warmed up as opposed to doing cardio?

Have you seen his pics?

I would not take his advices.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 05:52:29 AM »
Who the fuck are you? You cock sucker

haha... holy shit  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 05:55:02 AM »
what i mean is i like to Train later in the Day after my Body has been moving around in Daily activities. getting up early in the morning and Training i do not like. It takes much longer to warm up. However regardless i still do a short warm up. More i donīt do because of Training later in the Day. you know what i mean ? also a lot of People talk of a similar effect doing cardio direct after weight Training(Fat Burning)like Fasted cardio. you have misinterpreted what i wrote.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 05:56:14 AM »
The best thing to do IMO is Cardio in the early morning (regardless of whether or not it's more effective) and weights later in the day.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 05:59:26 AM »
haha... holy shit  ;D
Cock sucker called me names first.  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 06:05:49 AM »
The best thing to do IMO is Cardio in the early morning (regardless of whether or not it's more effective) and weights later in the day.
i agree weight Training is much better later. your Joints, ligaments, tendons..have been warmed up in your Daily activities. The muscles are stretched to a degree too. Bill Pearl and a few other Bodybuilders worked out early to fit in the rest of their Day. not for me. i work in a Gym and can Train any time i feel like it and itīs 2 mins away walking ;)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
i agree weight Training is much better later. your Joints, ligaments, tendons..have been warmed up in your Daily activities. The muscles are stretched to a degree too. Bill Pearl and a few other Bodybuilders worked out early to fit in the rest of their Day. not for me. i work in a Gym and can Train any time i feel like it and itīs 2 mins away walking ;)

I use to work in a gym, I miss those days.  :(

Only thing I don't miss is changing the trash in the ladies room. The mens locker room smelled 10x better.

I also use to get absulutly fucking furious at people who didn't re-rack their weights.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »
I am getting good results doing my cardio straight after weights.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 06:21:40 AM »
I know calories used meters on treadmills are not completely accurate but this is why I say there is an after burn to cardio. I'm not alone in my beliefs. A pound of muscle is 600 calories and a pound of fat is 3500.  Many times when I have done cardio after not using it for awhile the amount of weight that comes off can't be accounted for by using calories burned so there has to be an increase in metabolism and fat burning after the activity.

So let's say I used 400 calories a day running on a treadmill for 5 days a week. That is 8000 calories used for the month. It should account in a perfect stable mathematical formula of 2.2 pounds of fat lost. What happens is that I will lose 10 pounds of fat using hydrostatic weighing. How did that 400 calories a day account for the weight loss? There has to be an increase in calories used after the cardio activity which contradicts a lot of old research.

On a side note one of Arnold's secret weapons to getting ripped was secretly running with Roger Callard back in the day.