Author Topic: Early Morning Fasted Cardio  (Read 5034 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Early Morning Fasted Cardio
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:12 AM »
I know calories used meters on treadmills are not completely accurate but this is why I say there is an after burn to cardio. I'm not alone in my beliefs. A pound of muscle is 600 calories and a pound of fat is 3500.  Many times when I have done cardio after not using it for awhile the amount of weight that comes off can't be accounted for by using calories burned so there has to be an increase in metabolism and fat burning after the activity.

So let's say I used 400 calories a day running on a treadmill for 5 days a week. That is 8000 calories used for the month. It should account in a perfect stable mathematical formula of 2.2 pounds of fat lost. What happens is that I will lose 10 pounds of fat using hydrostatic weighing. How did that 400 calories a day account for the weight loss? There has to be an increase in calories used after the cardio activity which contradicts a lot of old research.

On a side note one of Arnold's secret weapons to getting ripped was secretly running with Roger Callard back in the day.
Intelligent post Rich as always. me i think itīs regular Training which Counts.  With regular weight Training and cardio  emulsification of fat is more efficient.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »
The best thing to do IMO is Cardio in the early morning (regardless of whether or not it's more effective) and weights later in the day.

There is legit data suggesting that cardio after weight training can effect gains (mildly). This is also probably more relevant to a natural athlete. In any case, it lends credibility to the idea that splitting them probably is optimal. But not because doing cardio in the morning makes you lose more fat.  ;)

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
I can run and then lift, no way in hell can I lift and the run.

Do more exercise, eat less - it all works out.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »

Depends on what you are Training. Train legs then running is of course hard. Train upper Body then sure you can run before it. Depends what you call intensive. Walking on a treadmill is for me for example not really cardio.. but then again how much weight are you moving ...etc...etc....

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »

or eat more and be able to run and lift fasted.
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »
What Mawse said about OCD rituals is correct. Whatever helps you stick to a routine.
It's unlikely it makes a difference in the end.

I remember hearing one old-school euro "legend" competitor preach about the importance of eating bananas before cardio. :D