Author Topic: Do you fear death?  (Read 8053 times)

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
Do you fear death?
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

Simple Simon

Re: Do you fear death?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:43:54 PM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

hahahahaah

What a tool.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »
 ;D as van halen says
F

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
Any human fears death.

Any human fears the ultimate transition into the unknown, what sort of question is that?

You can bodybuild safely, you can even use steroids safely. There is no need to "throw caution to the wind". You can get a fantastic physique without completely nuking your healthy with mega doses of AAS.

Moderation and patience is the key to everything in life.

Did the 70s bodybuilders drop dead? No, it is only the crop of 90s and 00s retards who are dropping like flies due to the massive abuse of heavy androgens. Simply because unbridled drug use has replaced work ethic and common sense.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »
death fears Basile, if the other thread is to be believed

~

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
Death fears ESFitness.
H

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »
Weedlejuice,

When you are in your third or forth decade and suffering the ill effects you may regret your earlier decision. On the flip side you may be the lucky one who has the genes and the disposition to never have any side effects and live a long and healthy life regardless of your drug use. Alternatively you may be the guy who has sudden cardiac death syndrome and passes away in the night at 35 and you will never know.

The choice is yours, but in general in life, there is no such thing as a free meal, everything has a cost. Bodybuilding drugs have a biological cost, no two ways about it. No matter what some pea-brain moron with his bro-science says. There is a cost, you have to choose to accept it, you may be the lucky one, or you may be the guy who draws the short straw.

Enjoy!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:30 PM »
 ;D hey he defeated THOR ,i'm sure he can beat death.
F

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
i'm ready to go

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
~

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »

That quote assumes knowledge of what death is, it assumes non-existence.

But has none of us can actually perceive death, we do not know it is analogous to non-existence.

All we know is it is a transitional state. In theory, from existence to non-existence. But that is not certain.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
Any human fears death.

Any human fears the ultimate transition into the unknown, what sort of question is that?

You can bodybuild safely, you can even use steroids safely. There is no need to "throw caution to the wind". You can get a fantastic physique without completely nuking your healthy with mega doses of AAS.

Moderation and patience is the key to everything in life.

Did the 70s bodybuilders drop dead? No, it is only the crop of 90s and 00s retards who are dropping like flies due to the massive abuse of heavy androgens. Simply because unbridled drug use has replaced work ethic and common sense.

This. No more replies necessary.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
I wonder if chuck norris fears death

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
I fear getting old and falling apart more than I fear death.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
That quote assumes knowledge of what death is, it assumes non-existence.

But has none of us can actually perceive death, we do not know it is analogous to non-existence.

All we know is it is a transitional state. In theory, from existence to non-existence. But that is not certain.

::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 01:10:54 PM »
I'm not afraid of death.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »

WOM

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
death is natural, hopefully it will be painless.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there.
~

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »
This, so sad, i see some sorry states of old people around. i see one local woman literally bent over permanantly and an old fella who dribbles constantly, all his clothes are stained. Old age isn't for the weak.

I fear getting old and falling apart more than I fear death.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
The thought of how is scarier than the thought of death. We all know with certainty we will die, but there are so many ways I really don't want to go

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »
Weedlejuice,

When you are in your third or forth decade and suffering the ill effects you may regret your earlier decision. On the flip side you may be the lucky one who has the genes and the disposition to never have any side effects and live a long and healthy life regardless of your drug use. Alternatively you may be the guy who has sudden cardiac death syndrome and passes away in the night at 35 and you will never know.

The choice is yours, but in general in life, there is no such thing as a free meal, everything has a cost. Bodybuilding drugs have a biological cost, no two ways about it. No matter what some pea-brain moron with his bro-science says. There is a cost, you have to choose to accept it, you may be the lucky one, or you may be the guy who draws the short straw.

Enjoy!

Will do fella, I dont want to be the guy who abstains from any indulgence and winds up getting terminally ill in his mid 30's anyway.

Friend of mine recently got diagnosed with terminal cancer in his 20's.