Author Topic: Do you fear death?  (Read 8040 times)

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
Re: Do you fear death?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
The thought of how is scarier than the thought of death. We all know with certainty we will die, but there are so many ways I really don't want to go

This.

I've lost 4 loved ones to violence in the last few years, 7 in my life. 1 last month and the local news won't let it settle for shit.

I live a life of paranoia. It is hell on my bp.

Yeah...I'm scared of death.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
This.

I've lost 4 loved ones to violence in the last few years, 7 in my life. 1 last month and the local news won't let it settle for shit.

You sound like a fucking jinx.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
I fear not being around for my kids... Biggest fear I've ever had. Didn't even know what fear really was till I had kids.
$

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
I fear life

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
I fear getting old and falling apart more than I fear death.

Same. Sometimes I'll be driving to shops or whatever and see some old person taking a baby step every 5-10 seconds with a pause in between with every movement seeming strained. I will be returning in car 20-30mins later and they will have moved maybe 100 metres. I give them props for not using mobility scooters but wtf is the point in just collecting your pension, living in fear, having no clue what's going on and being in pain all the time?

Take an ounce of white and go out in style.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 03:10:13 PM »
Same. Sometimes I'll be driving to shops or whatever and see some old person taking a baby step every 5-10 seconds with a pause in between with every movement seeming strained. I will be returning in car 20-30mins later and they will have moved maybe 100 metres. I give them props for not using mobility scooters but wtf is the point in just collecting your pension, living in fear, having no clue what's going on and being in pain all the time?

Take an ounce of white and go out in style.
I think a lot is in your lifestyle, people who work and are active seem to be better, longer than people who just punch a 9-5 and come home and sit.

My grandfathers on both sides were extremely hard workers, and extremely active, working from the time they got up until dinner time even after retirement, one is 85, the other is 99, and they both act/look like someone 20 years younger. Both fully functional, just a little slower and weaker. Except the 99 year old one, time is hitting him hard now, but 5 years ago he fell off his neighbors roof while helping him do a roof job.

You'll also see people in their 60s hunched over, can't function, looking like theyre 95 because they weren't active or just let themselves fall apart after retirement.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »
I think a lot is in your lifestyle, people who work and are active seem to be better, longer than people who just punch a 9-5 and come home and sit.

My grandfathers on both sides were extremely hard workers, and extremely active, working from the time they got up until dinner time even after retirement, one is 85, the other is 99, and they both act/look like someone 20 years younger. Both fully functional, just a little slower and weaker. Except the 99 year old one, time is hitting him hard now, but 5 years ago he fell off his neighbors roof while helping him do a roof job.

You'll also see people in their 60s hunched over, can't function, looking like theyre 95 because they weren't active or just let themselves fall apart after retirement.

Exactly. Treat you body well while you're young and it won't deteriorate like those who don't exercise, eat like shit, drink, smoke, do drugs etc.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

My family history isn't great for long life. Two grandparents dead from diabetes and cancer before I was born, another dead from cancer when I was 8 and other died at 86 which was a good run. Dad has had heart problems, but changed lifestyle a lot since.

I don't fear death, have nearly died twice, once by my own hand. Now I just wanna see my son grow up and not let my girlfriend down. Not a nice thought but it is inevitable for all of us so why worry?

That 99 year old sounds like Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
death fears is creeped out by Basile, if the other thread is to be believed

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »
This.

Are you hebrew by chance?

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »
fear of something you cannot change is a waste of time, do not think about it as you live your life in the moment each and every day.
 Thinking of future is a mistake that trigger negative thoughts most of the time.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

You sound like the guy that says, "My grandfather smoked cigarettes for 70 years and he's still around. What's the harm?" Are cigarettes a risk to health? Hell, yes.

Bodybuilding drugs are a risk to health and it's sad that users rationalize the potential for problems. Law suits are flying right now over minimal hormone replacement therapy doses that has been shown in studies to increase the odds of heart attacks and strokes. While no real studies exist on recreational bodybuilders using drugs to have cosmetic muscles one can say through empirical examination where there is smoke there is fire. How much heart disease, liver and kidney problems do you need as proof? I have been around this game for a long time and let me tell you eventually everyone gives up drug use  because of a health issue. Sometimes they give up due to arrest issues or finances but the number one reason is that their health starts failing. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
fear of something you cannot change is a waste of time, do not think about it as you live your life in the moment each and every day.
 Thinking of future is a mistake that trigger negative thoughts most of the time.

You have to be mindful of the future, choices living in the moment can totally destroy ones tomorrow. ...

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
You have to be mindful of the future, choices living in the moment can totally destroy ones tomorrow. ...

can but nothing you can do about it as it is a future and you do not know for sure the impact of your choices on your future.
Not talking about extremes like taking drugs or some other damaging things that would destroy you regardless.
The point is to focus in the moment of your life and not stress about something you cannot influence much such as death.
Why thinking about death if you are not sick, still young and full of life?
That is a serious mental issue.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 05:47:46 PM »
 ;D
Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »
I fear getting old and falling apart more than I fear death.

This.  

Don't fear death,  I fear the possibility of suffering from uncontrollable pain for a long period of time.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:29 PM »
Fear dying, but not death itself. Suffering for years, anticipating the end would suck WAY more than just not waking up one day.

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
Are you hebrew by chance?

I attend Temple Beth-el and am in the process of conversion, so at heart, yes.

If by hebrew, you meant black, no.

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
You sound like a fucking jinx.

That may be the case.

I do live in South Texas though.

It's the wild west right now. This open border shit is complicating a lot of bad bad shit down here that was already complicated enough.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
My family history isn't great for long life. Two grandparents dead from diabetes and cancer before I was born, another dead from cancer when I was 8 and other died at 86 which was a good run. Dad has had heart problems, but changed lifestyle a lot since.

I don't fear death, have nearly died twice, once by my own hand. Now I just wanna see my son grow up and not let my girlfriend down. Not a nice thought but it is inevitable for all of us so why worry?

That 99 year old sounds like Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino.

One of my favorite movies. When Clint flicked his lighter and got shot, I cried.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
This, so sad, i see some sorry states of old people around. i see one local woman literally bent over permanantly and an old fella who dribbles constantly, all his clothes are stained. Old age isn't for the weak.

That

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
I fear not being around for my kids... Biggest fear I've ever had. Didn't even know what fear really was till I had kids.

Same here..
Now that I have a son .. seeing him grow..
I want to live a long life..
Before I didn't give a shit... :-\

theyounghormone

• Getbig II
  • retired teen bodybuilder
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »
I don't fear it because I cant remember life before life so after death won't be any different. Living in the moment and not getting caught up too far into the future or worrying over little things goes a long way to enjoying life anyway.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

I think your last sentence is bullshit.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:02 AM »
plastic trophy > long life, health, family, friends, Job