Author Topic: Do you fear death?  (Read 8056 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Do you fear death?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:46 AM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

How the heck do u know people abusing GH and insulin for over 30+ years??? Insulin and GH usage hasn't been around that long, certainly not 30+ yrs

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 03:36:41 AM »
This.

I've lost 4 loved ones to violence in the last few years, 7 in my life. 1 last month and the local news won't let it settle for shit.

I live a life of paranoia. It is hell on my bp.

Yeah...I'm scared of death.

Do you live in Mogadishu?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »
I think there comes a point when anyone who seriously consider's competing as a body builder has to accept that they are most likely going to be cleaving potential decades off their lifespan, and you have to ask yourself whether you're willing to die for what you (hopefully) love doing.

I have family members that have used/abused gear hgh and insulin the best part of 30+ years without showing any signs of declining health aswell as close friends that have never even entered a gym and required quadruple bypass surgery in their early 40's.

Personally I've seen so much shit up till now when it comes to variences in genetics and predisposition to particular illness and health that I honestly dont care anymore,  im just going to throw caution to the wind and enjoy spending the next decade or two pushing myself to the limit (in as safe a manner as possible) rather than spend an extra 3 or 4 regretting that I hadn't.

But what does everyone else think? I dont think you can truly be the best at something without that "willing to go to any length even if it kills me" mentality.

Didn't fear death for about 4 years in my life. (Deaths, Loss of Loved ones etc)

But now i'm starting to fear death again :)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:17 AM »
Didn't fear death for about 4 years in my life. (Deaths, Loss of Loved ones etc)

But now i'm starting to fear death again :)

Sounds like things are looking up then.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 04:42:23 AM »
Sounds like things are looking up then.

It definatly is! New Woman, new Life, and a MUCH better outlook on life!

I lost three loved ones in one year (and another the year after) which took its toll on me a few years ago.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2014, 04:45:26 AM »
It definatly is! New Woman, new Life, and a MUCH better outlook on life!

I lost three loved ones in one year (and another the year after) which took its toll on me a few years ago.

Sudden, unexpected stuff, or older folks?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 05:13:58 AM »
Sudden, unexpected stuff, or older folks?

All three unexpected (within a short time frame) and came as a shock. Took it's toll on me and alot of my hair turned grey that year!

It's much better now though, but the years following that year/time-period was not something i'd even wish upon my worst enemy!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2014, 05:22:32 AM »
All three unexpected (within a short time frame) and came as a shock. Took it's toll on me and alot of my hair turned grey that year!

It's much better now though, but the years following that year/time-period was not something i'd even wish upon my worst enemy!

Sorry to hear, my friend. Glad things are getting better, though.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2014, 05:23:43 AM »

Sorry you had to go thru this experience. Im glad you are doing better! I kind of know the feeling..

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2014, 05:26:19 AM »
Only 2 things in life are certain: Death and Taxes.-Mark Twain

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 05:50:23 AM »
The best I can hope for is to be blinked into nothingness and in a generation or two, I'll be completely forgotten. No one will have cared about my quest for 19" arms or a 450 bench or shredded abs. They won't care that I saved enough for retirement, or that I had re-habbed a really bad knee. They won't care that I was a good father, or that I was a pretty good football player.

We care bro... we care... we always will...

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 06:13:41 AM »
This.

I've lost 4 loved ones to violence in the last few years, 7 in my life. 1 last month and the local news won't let it settle for shit.

I live a life of paranoia. It is hell on my bp.

Yeah...I'm scared of death.

If Obama had a son... he'd apparently live nextdoor to you.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 06:16:10 AM »
Death is good. Looking forward to it. I perform better under pressure, they don't call it a deadline for nothing. Most people (me certainly) wouldn't do shit if they had all the time in the world.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 06:22:25 AM »
I just hope when itīs my time.. i take it like a man.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »
I just hope when itīs my time.. i take it like a man.
Words once overheard near a certain ice machine at a certain Vegas hotel.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
Death is the only true freedom from Shizzo

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
Yes I fear violent death, I want go just as my Dad did in my sleep.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 08:36:22 AM »
Yes I fear violent death, I want go just as my Dad did in my sleep.

I wonder whether during a painful death, i.e. an accident at work etc etc, you actually realise you're being killed or whether you just think "Shit, this is a very unexpected violent event, I hope i'll be ok" before you black out?

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
I wonder whether during a painful death, i.e. an accident at work etc etc, you actually realise you're being killed or whether you just think "Shit, this is a very unexpected violent event, I hope i'll be ok" before you black out?

In certain circumstances the body does prepair itself and can actually make it a pleasant experience. 

Free divers (the ones that hold their breath and sink down a cable into the deep ocean.. I think it's free diving) have to be careful, because once they reach a certain level of lack of oxygen the body actually puts itself into a euphoric state and there is a risk they'll just keep holding on and sinking until they die because they don't perceive a danger.

But who knows if things like this are full proof?

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:33 AM »

You usually have just enough time to comprehend the impact/fall/etc. and yell and flinch. You perceive the danger but don't comprehend the full repercussions in that moment. Then, if you are lucky enough to survive the initial impact and/or trauma of the CoD, you are alive just long enough to realize you have evacuated your bowels into your pants. Your last dying thought is usually, "OMG, The EMTs will see I shit myself." Then your lungs fill with blood or your hearts stops and you die gasping for oxygen like a fish on the bank.

Hope this helps.  

I dont fear death. I fear a wasted or regret filled life at death's bed. The ride is short and when its over, its over. There is no afterlife. Enjoy the ride. Make the most of now. Stay thirsty, my friends. Knowing is half the battle. Stay black. Just do it. Great taste, less filling. I'm Loving it!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:55 AM »
we r all gonna die one day n the trick is dont think about it n enjoy everyday to its fullest, if a person is thinking about death alot they r already dead imo
R

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
I do fear death.

I fear it, because I'm an atheist.

Who in their right mind, as an atheist, wouldn't fear being blinked into nothing? I don't fear the pain of death, or the onslaught of death. That comes for us all. Billions before me have died...I will die just as they have. There's really nothing to it. Dying with dignity might be a bit trickier, and I'll do my best to do so.

But I enjoy my life. I enjoy all the things it gives me. I have no intentions of giving any of them up so that I may die. I would like to have them forever and a day.

I hope my wife passes before I do, so I can spare her the pain of watching me die. And I hope my children are well grown and have created their own families and don't need me that much when I die, so that my passing doesn't weigh them down too much.

If I'm wrong about this whole atheism thing, and knowing my luck, I probably am, then I'm going to hell anyways. Even if I were to have a flash of clairvoyance and knew to repent, if there's a god, he wouldn't want my kind in heaven anyways. I know my wife will be there though, so I'm happy about that. She believes in "something" when we die, so I hope her "something" is rewarding.

The best I can hope for is to be blinked into nothingness and in a generation or two, I'll be completely forgotten. No one will have cared about my quest for 19" arms or a 450 bench or shredded abs. They won't care that I saved enough for retirement, or that I had re-habbed a really bad knee. They won't care that I was a good father, or that I was a pretty good football player.

And even with that foresight of knowing that no one will care, I yet still press on to achieve what I want, even if it means nothing. Even if I'm some random quantum mistake projected as a hologram from the outer shell of the universe and my consciousness is simply a quantum entanglement of dark energy that spans across the multiverse. Despite all this, I press on. I have no choice. As uberman would rightfully point out, it is my genetic fate. The fates may be what they are...I will at least try to shape a destiny out of this fate while I still can. The day I lose the drive to do it is the day I decide to test the waters of nothingness and see I'm right or wrong. And I'm not wearing my bathing suit just yet.

Very similar to my take, except I do fear the "pain of death," as you say. I'd like to go out medicated to numbness. And I, too, envy the faithful, unless I'm not reading you correctly.

Though I don't expect to, if I should meet my maker, and He asks me why I didn't believe, I'm borrowing from Ricky Gervais:

"Why did You make me an atheist?"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

That would probably be a terrifying realization, no matter how prepared you thought you were.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
A very good question.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
most people go into shock before they die, usually they pass out also n dont feel the pain of death. people who survived great white shark attacks say they didnt feel anything after a certain point n everything was calm ???
R