Author Topic: Piece of shit car : Ford Fusion 2013  (Read 9354 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Piece of shit car : Ford Fusion 2013
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »
It's the 4th fucking time I have it towed since I bought it a year ago

anybody else having trouble with ford ?

I really love it's look but damn it, it's been a few complaints now that I did and the best they offered me is a few free oil change.

Sounds more like an operator error to me.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 09:09:43 PM »
Buy forgein car.

Problem solved.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
Buy forgein car.

Problem solved.
the same foreign that are having their airbags recalled?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »

Listen, you can pick apart every last thing.

The idea is to look at the OVERALL quality of manufacturing. Of course every car maker will have its problems.

Its similar to research findings. You come up with a statistical number to see if its significant. Based on your sample size, you can extrapolate your findings to the general population. This is similar. You cant take isolated incidences and say foreign cars are worse because of some lemons. You have to look at the OVERALL picture. And the OVERALL picture is that foreign cars are higher quality, even if you take into consideration the times where foreign cars are recalled.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »
Listen, you can pick apart every last thing.

The idea is to look at the OVERALL quality of manufacturing. Of course every car maker will have its problems.

Its similar to research findings. You come up with a statistical number to see if its significant. Based on your sample size, you can extrapolate your findings to the general population. This is similar. You cant take isolated incidences and say foreign cars are worse because of some lemons. You have to look at the OVERALL picture. And the OVERALL picture is that foreign cars are higher quality, even if you take into consideration the times where foreign cars are recalled.
Quite true.
But, i think the foreign maybe a misnomer...many of the toyotas, Hondas, VWs, BMWs are made over here. When Toyota had their "unintended aceleration" debacle a few years back the "Murica" supporters were smirking, then come to find out it was really "misapplied brake pedal", With the current GM issue, people are talking about their quality, but guess what, GM sales are through the roof.

If you take a look at the  JD Power Study, you'd be surprised on who is up there for Initial Quality
http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/index.htm

Stavios may just have a one with issues witht he elctronics.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 09:51:57 PM »
GM is also recalling cars for airbags, they were made in japan.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-prepares-recall-cruze-sedans-takata-air-bags-021132256--finance.html

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
"So far this year, GM has issued 44 recalls covering about 20 million vehicles globally"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-prepares-recall-cruze-sedans-takata-air-bags-021132256--finance.html

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »
IMO they fucked up when they upped the price and dropped the HP from the last fusion.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
Quite true.
But, i think the foreign maybe a misnomer...many of the toyotas, Hondas, VWs, BMWs are made over here. When Toyota had their "unintended aceleration" debacle a few years back the "Murica" supporters were smirking, then come to find out it was really "misapplied brake pedal", With the current GM issue, people are talking about their quality, but guess what, GM sales are through the roof.

If you take a look at the  JD Power Study, you'd be surprised on who is up there for Initial Quality
http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/index.htm

Stavios may just have a one with issues witht he elctronics.

The Toyota pedal issue may very well NOT be a "misapplied brake pedal".

"On February 8, 2011, the NHTSA, in collaboration with NASA, released its findings into the investigation on the Toyota drive-by-wire throttle system. After a 10-month search, NASA and NHTSA scientists found no electronic defect in Toyota vehicles.[27] Driver error or pedal misapplication was found responsible for most of the incidents.[28] The report ended stating, "Our conclusion is Toyota's problems were mechanical, not electrical." This included sticking accelerator pedals, and pedals caught under floor mats.[29]

However, on October 24, 2013, a jury ruled against Toyota and found that unintended acceleration could have been caused due to deficiencies in the Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS). Michael Barr of the Barr Group testified that NASA had not been able to complete its examination of Toyota's ETCS and that Toyota did not follow best practices for real time life critical software, and that a single bit flip which can be caused by cosmic rays could cause unintended acceleration. As well, the run-time stack of the real-time operating system was not large enough and that it was possible for the stack to grow large enough to overwrite data that could cause unintended acceleration.[30][31] As a result Toyota has entered into settlement talks with its plaintiffs.[32]"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »
FORD suck, always have.  Every man and his dog knows they are unreliable, poorly built pieces of machinery.  After decades of performance and reliability issues, poor economy and being way overpriced I can't believe people are still gullible enough to get sucked into buying one.
V