Author Topic: Stop the Possum Drop  (Read 20117 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Stop the Possum Drop
« on: June 26, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »
Fv@&'n inbred, backwoods, redneck hillbillies ::)

http://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ars/petition/PossumDrop?utm_source=social&utm_medium=possumdroptest&utm_term=20140626&utm_campaign=1

Annual Celebration Masquerades Animal Abuse as Entertainment

...An implicit acknowledgement that the event violates the state’s existing wildlife laws, this law sets a poor precedent, prioritizing personal and commercial interests over animal welfare. Worse still, this “family friendly” event teaches young kids in attendance that it’s okay to masquerade animal abuse as entertainment.

:

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
Re: Stop the Possum Drop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:29:18 AM »
Couldn't bring myself to look at the video as I have a soft spot for opposums. They come up and will eat cat food with my cats. My cats seem completely cool with it too.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22:43 AM »
No opossums were harmed in the making of this video.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:17 AM »
As always with these kinds of animal abuse, I wonder: How did you come up with this? Why did you think it was a good idea?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 06:01:59 AM »
As always with these kinds of animal abuse, I wonder: How did you come up with this? Why did you think it was a good idea?

See my first line.

I'm not a fan of the 'possum by any means.  They're nasty looking ~ like big rats and they carry diseases (in their poop), one that can kill horses, but terrorizing any creature is inhumane.
:

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 06:33:14 AM »

but terrorizing any creature is inhumane.

That's exactly what I meant. If there's any humanity in a person, how is he/she capable of doing something like that?

As my mom would say (and this makes no sense ): there are people and there a bicycle bells. Those bullies are bicycle bells.
In other words, they are not people.