Author Topic: Blue Stars - for Competitors Only - Who Deserves them?  (Read 35918 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Blue Stars - for Competitors Only
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »
thanx Vince.    

I am one of the few here that truly respect your Mr. Canada win.   something that I never came close to in 5 attempts spanning 17 years.

No worries there, Hazbin. Your physique was far superior to what I had when I won the title.

The history of the Mr Canada is interesting. In the early days the Weider brothers promoted the contest via their magazines. Lots of French Canadians won the title

and were featured on the covers of Muscle Builder and Your Physique magazines. Leo Robert and the Brunet twins come to mind.

When Joe moved to New Jersey and then California he more or less stopped using Canadians much in his magazines. The exception is probably Paul Dillet. Paul

never won the Mr Canada title, either. There are plenty of big guys back east, especially in Toronto and Montreal. I was lucky in 1970 when only one competitor

arrived from the eastern provinces. I don't think anyone from Alberta entered that I can recall. We had a veteran from Manitoba compete.

Nowadays things have changed and Alberta produces some top guys. It is hard to win the provincial overall title there.

How is your gym going? I will visit you the next time I am in Calgary. Maybe we can put on a seminar or something. Should be fun.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:17 PM »
I kinda remember that name?   91 Canadians maybe?   where is he from?

Memory says Northern Ontario, relocated down to Southern Ontario (Kitchener-Waterloo area?).

Your recall is pretty good......for an old guy.    ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
No worries there, Hazbin. Your physique was far superior to what I had when I won the title.

The history of the Mr Canada is interesting. In the early days the Weider brothers promoted the contest via their magazines. Lots of French Canadians won the title

and were featured on the covers of Muscle Builder and Your Physique magazines. Leo Robert and the Brunet twins come to mind.

When Joe moved to New Jersey and then California he more or less stopped using Canadians much in his magazines. The exception is probably Paul Dillet. Paul

never won the Mr Canada title, either. There are plenty of big guys back east, especially in Toronto and Montreal. I was lucky in 1970 when only one competitor

arrived from the eastern provinces. I don't think anyone from Alberta entered that I can recall. We had a veteran from Manitoba compete.

Nowadays things have changed and Alberta produces some top guys. It is hard to win the provincial overall title there.

How is your gym going? I will visit you the next time I am in Calgary. Maybe we can put on a seminar or something. Should be fun.

ya, I still remember the old 2875 bates rd. montreal quebec.   lol.

my gym is still here, 22 years later.  the monthly dues memberships really changed the viability of the gym business. it turns every member into a asset rather than a liability.

it would be great to meet you.  let me know if you are ever out my way.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »
Memory says Northern Ontario, relocated down to Southern Ontario (Kitchener-Waterloo area?).

I remember things from the 90's more clearly than things from last week.   true story.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »
I remember things from the 90's more clearly than things from last week.   true story.

So strange how memory works that way.

I encounter the same thing.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »

Gotta laugh at the lads on Getbig. You would think from this thread that getting Blue Stars was a bigger deal than winning a national title!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »
He campaigned for stars. What a selfless hero, this guy. A campaigner. Like it had nothing to do with bringing attention to his own. So glad Ron sees through his bullshit.

Coach, though, Ron. Man deserves the blue. Dude was a mini Rory for Pete's sake.

(Joe, it's Mick's birthday today. Make sure you Facebook him or something.)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2014, 09:17:15 PM »
Gotta laugh at the lads on Getbig. You would think from this thread that getting Blue Stars was a bigger deal than winning a national title!

Implying you have no interest in them, of course.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking about you the other day and if you competed when Andre Maile broke Reid Schindle's run of titles.

Doesn't seem that long ago....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »
Implying you have no interest in them, of course.

Zabo was asked about various people who were bodybuilders. If he didn't know who they were he would ask, "Who'd he beat?"

That is what is important in bodybuilding. The colour of symbols on the forum has as much importance as the colour of my text.

Making others livid about the colour of stars is a lot of fun. Too bad most here can't see that I am a shit stirrer.

When Goodrum was awarded Blue Stars it made that colour rather worthless.

Goodrum told us he had to borrow some posing trunks and they were too small so his testicles were slightly exposed. This is where the saying 'having balls' came from!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »
I am against things like different stars on discussion forums. The exception being to identify moderators and owners. Whenever status is something you earn you end up with problems.

The Blue Stars issue won't go away. Known competitors don't get them. Let us discuss Hazbin. Great guy, huge physique and a gym owner in Calgary. I campaigned for his blue stars

several times in the last few years to no avail. I also campaigned for Goodrum to get his stars. It took years before he got them. He deserved them because he had the nerve to get

up on stage and compete several times. Personalities and politics should have nothing to do with competition stars. Now Goodrum gloats about them and even Hazbin is grateful he finally has them.

I would like to hear why Booty doesn't have her Blue Stars. It must be a political decision because she obviously competed and won titles.

I never never spoke negatively about the npc/ifbb or any federation.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:34 PM »

Well, Karen, maybe you will get your Blue Stars soon if they think it will annoy me!  ;D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2014, 10:27:54 PM »
Vince why do you have all these saved photos on your hard drive?

are my pictures saved as well?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

That is what is important in bodybuilding. The colour of symbols on the forum has as much importance as the colour of my text.

Meaningless, right? Just a color is all.

Meanwhile, who here has ever started a thread or made a post requesting Basile's blue stars? Besides Basile, of course. Because most probably agree, no big deal. Even the competitors. But this is a HUGE deal for you, isn't it? And Ron's laughing at your desperate pleas, but I bet you have no idea why.

We do, though. Everyone does.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:32 PM »
Goodrum told us he had to borrow some posing trunks and they were too small so his testicles were slightly exposed. This is where the saying 'having balls' came from!

-Pretty sure this saying was around a long time before Goodrum was even born.  ;D

Careful, some joker here will undoubtedly take you seriously and possibly accuse you of slanderous or racist comments.

Could it be that Goodrum purposely exposed his balls to earn extra points from some schmoe judge?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about you the other day and if you competed when Andre Maile broke Reid Schindle's run of titles.

Doesn't seem that long ago....

I was working out back then, but not yet competing.  hell, I was working out before Franco, Zane, Bannout, Dickerson and Haney won the Olympia. there had only been three mr. Olympia's when I began lifting. :o

Ben Weider once stated he felt Reid had better genetics than Arnold; too bad he was a bit of a lazy fuck.

do you remember Mark Gagne?  he won the Canadians a few times in the 80's.   5' 9 245lbs.   HUGE :o :o  got in a real bad car wreck and was messed up real bad.  I see him occasionally, nice guy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
ron should give basille his blue stars maybe he will stfu about it

or alternatively it might make him even more annoying and patronizing

perhaps if he apologies for calling ron a schmoe

and apologised for calling omr and bob chick stooges

and apologised for making up a rape allegation against arnold just for placing him last in some shitty bb show

and apologised for stalking a black man from america for years for no other reason than having a crush on him

and apologised for sending pms to  members from here begging them to ruin my life

fairly straight forward imo
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
Coach, why this? You had your blue, bro.

Yeah, I've had Ron delete my account a 2-3 times out of frustration only to come back. I never came back anomously, I've made it clear who I was when I came back. I had my stars. If Ron wanted me to have them back he would have given them to me no matter the account. Obviously he didn't for what ever reason. But unlike Basil, my life isn't going to end if I don't get my blue stars at 97. lol

1984....Lionel Richie got 3rd.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #293 on: July 02, 2014, 03:33:23 AM »
ron should give basille his blue stars maybe he will stfu about it

or alternatively it might make him even more annoying and patronizing

perhaps if he apologies for calling ron a schmoe

and apologised for calling omr and bob chick stooges

and apologised for making up a rape allegation against arnold just for placing him last in some shitty bb show

and apologised for stalking a black man from america for years for no other reason than having a crush on him

and apologised for sending pms to  members from here begging them to ruin my life

fairly straight forward imo

Your profile matches that of a sociopath. Why Ron allows a mentally ill individual to remain on his site is a mystery.

Have a read here and see that you are indeed severely disturbed

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #294 on: July 02, 2014, 03:45:52 AM »
Big congrats to hazbin.......one of the best builds on the board and did a lot of huge contests.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »
Your profile matches that of a sociopath. Why Ron allows a mentally ill individual to remain on his site is a mystery.

Have a read here and see that you are indeed severely disturbed

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I think you are reading a little too much into this old man

your profile matches that of a sex offender

taking pictured of topless young men

shame on you vince shame indeed
T

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #296 on: July 02, 2014, 04:01:01 AM »

But Lee did, didn't he?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2014, 06:54:41 AM »
Yeah, I've had Ron delete my account a 2-3 times out of frustration only to come back. I never came back anomously, I've made it clear who I was when I came back. I had my stars. If Ron wanted me to have them back he would have given them to me no matter the account. Obviously he didn't for what ever reason. But unlike Basil, my life isn't going to end if I don't get my blue stars at 97. lol

1984....Lionel Richie got 3rd.

LA CHAMPIONSHIPS WAS A HUGE SHOW 80/90'S..

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: July 02, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »
I was working out back then, but not yet competing.  hell, I was working out before Franco, Zane, Bannout, Dickerson and Haney won the Olympia. there had only been three mr. Olympia's when I began lifting. :o

Ben Weider once stated he felt Reid had better genetics than Arnold; too bad he was a bit of a lazy fuck.

do you remember Mark Gagne?  he won the Canadians a few times in the 80's.   5' 9 245lbs.   HUGE :o :o  got in a real bad car wreck and was messed up real bad.  I see him occasionally, nice guy.

No....don't remember that name. After Maile I remember Spinello, Brisbois, Nimrod King, Henderson Thorne and then a run of Champs out of Quebec....

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2014, 11:30:06 AM »
No....don't remember that name. After Maile I remember Spinello, Brisbois, Nimrod King, Henderson Thorne and then a run of Champs out of Quebec....

for some reason quebec competitors seemed to get an unfair advantage in the 90's.  I competed in the 1991 Canadians.  Joe Spinello from quebec won the lightheavy and got his pro card. michelle payette from quebec won the heavys and got his pro card.  Jason Marcovicci from quebec got second in the lightheavy and got his pro card. Brian Joseph from British Columbia won the middleweight and overall, beating the above quebec athletes and did not get his pro card. 

the magazines were proclaiming that payette would win the overalls for about ten months before the show.