Author Topic: Blue Stars - for Competitors Only - Who Deserves them?  (Read 36059 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Blue Stars - for Competitors Only
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
A real old-schooler, much respect. Give the man his blues!

x2

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
Started competition at age 43.

I lost 90%of my pics when hard drive died (sounds like the current FBI excuse before congress). I did find a few in GB and over in RX. My limited titles include Mr. Muscle Beach Over 40, Mr. Muscle Beach Over 50, Mr. San Francisco Over 50, and King of the Foothills Open class (an AAU contest in So Calif). I have a slew of 2nd places incl. Over 50 Mr. Universe 1992 (upper body pic attached), Mr. America Over 40, Mr. California Over 40, Mr. So California Over 40, Mr. Muscle Beach Open,and NPC Over 70 Nationals (I'm the tall bald geezer in attached pic). My favorite show was the Muscle Beach which I won in 1986 age 46.Sergios training partner flew in to pick up and easy title. I ruined his day. I was a large 235. I'm under the flag in the pic looking like Jusup Wilcoz. Front page L.A. Times sports page pic attached.

BTW I am happy with my 3 gold stars....just yanking a few chains. FYI I was taught BB by Steve Reeves at the Bert Goodrich Hollywood Gym in the mid 50s.
Cool, certainly deserving of your blue stars.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »
Started competition at age 43.

I lost 90%of my pics when hard drive died (sounds like the current FBI excuse before congress). I did find a few in GB and over in RX. My limited titles include Mr. Muscle Beach Over 40, Mr. Muscle Beach Over 50, Mr. San Francisco Over 50, and King of the Foothills Open class (an AAU contest in So Calif). I have a slew of 2nd places incl. Over 50 Mr. Universe 1992 (upper body pic attached), Mr. America Over 40, Mr. California Over 40, Mr. So California Over 40, Mr. Muscle Beach Open,and NPC Over 70 Nationals (I'm the tall bald geezer in attached pic). My favorite show was the Muscle Beach which I won in 1986 age 46.Sergios training partner flew in to pick up and easy title. I ruined his day. I was a large 235. I'm under the flag in the pic looking like Jusup Wilcoz. Front page L.A. Times sports page pic attached.

BTW I am happy with my 3 gold stars....just yanking a few chains. FYI I was taught BB by Steve Reeves at the Bert Goodrich Hollywood Gym in the mid 50s.

True old school bodybuilder. He deserves respect and blue stars.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Ron, can I please have my blue stars?
« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »
Republican build of peace

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
Republican build of peace

You get a different build from eating food acquired without food stamps

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
Now quit quitting for Pete's sake.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »
not only is Joe one of the top bodybuilders here, but he's also one of the few that has been featured in a bodybuilding magazine.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
I've just realised that Coach is a bodybuilder who I recognise from magazines years ago. Definitely deserving of his blue stars.

Vince may be an old windbag but if getbig was a land of equality then he would have them too.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: July 06, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
True old school bodybuilder. He deserves respect and blue stars.

Think I see what ya did.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #435 on: July 06, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »
I've just realised that Coach is a bodybuilder who I recognise from magazines years ago. Definitely deserving of his blue stars.

Vince may be an old windbag but if getbig was a land of equality then he would have them too.

Here is how it works on Getbig. If you speak out about the corruption in the IFBB and Pro League you will not be granted any special status here. Plus, the owner and moderators will

allow you to be defamed over and over. Oh, they say they will remove all offensive posts if they are alerted. That is lame moderating on Getbig. Bigmc posts whatever shit he likes as do many others.

I guess they hope the critics like myself will leave. I mean, do OMR or Ron A qualify for Blue Stars? The forum would be much better without any of those silly stars.

OMR is just another patsy and stooge like Bob Chick is for the IFBB. Move on, folks, nothing new to see here.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »
Quite entertaining every time someone not named Basile is awarded blues here. Warms my heart.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #437 on: July 06, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »
Quite entertaining every time someone not named Basile is awarded blues here. Warms my heart.

Me, too! ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #438 on: July 06, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »
Coach looks way better than me.    ;)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:35 PM »
Me, too! ;D

That's why you fit in so well here. You're able to have a laugh at yourself. Every time Ron, or OMR, or bigmc slaps you around, you just shrug it off like nothing and have a good laugh. Shit, Bob sodomized you all over this board and you took it like a champ, had a laugh, and called him "stooge" and "patsy." And "stooge." Then you had another laugh.

They don't get that you really aren't concerned about those silly stars. You're just having a laugh is all.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »
I guess they hope the critics like myself will leave.

If the critics, like you, and the sometimes outspoken, like me, left Getbig, it would become a really boring place with no controversy to keep things ignited and this forum would eventually die, unless others stepped in to take our place. Someone has to play the whipping boys here. At least we have the constitution to hang in there regardless of the shit slung our way.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2014, 10:28:49 PM »
That's why you fit in so well here. You're able to have a laugh at yourself. Every time Ron, or OMR, or bigmc slaps you around, you just shrug it off like nothing and have a good laugh. Shit, Bob sodomized you all over this board and you took it like a champ, had a laugh, and called him "stooge" and "patsy." And "stooge." Then you had another laugh.

They don't get that you really aren't concerned about those silly stars. You're just having a laugh is all.

A lot of people 'don't get me'. Not everyone appreciates my sense of humor.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
A lot of people 'don't get me'. Not everyone appreciates my sense of humor.

Must be an Australian thing. I'm noticing some similarities.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »
If the critics, like you, and the sometimes outspoken, like me, left Getbig, it would become a really boring place with no controversy to keep things ignited and this forum would eventually die, unless others stepped in to take our place. Someone has to play the whipping boys here. At least we have the constitution to hang in there regardless of the shit slung our way.

The ironical thing is the forum owner isn't one of the guys here. He posts infrequently and seldom joins in any of the interesting threads.

He could clear up the nonsense surrounding the Blue Stars. Nope, he gets his stooge and patsy OMR to do the dirty work.

Bob Chick is supposed to be the Pro Athletes Rep but no one has done anything about banned substances. How on earth can a former governor of

California promote a show where there is no testing for banned substances? Instead of attacking me why aren't people attacking the IFBB and the Pro League?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »
Must be an Australian thing. I'm noticing some similarities.

The Aussies don't get me, either. Must be related to wit perhaps?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »

Oh, absolutely. If you two guys split, this place wouldn't know what to do. I'd give it two weeks - a month, tops.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
The Aussies don't get me, either. Must be related to wit perhaps?

You are probably just too witty for most. Goes right over their heads, like here. Very few can relate to such sophisticated humor. Probably the same reason geniuses have trouble making friends. You guys are just on a whole other level. You're your own peer group, really.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »
You are probably just too witty for most. Goes right over their heads, like here. Very few can relate to such sophisticated humor. Probably the same reason geniuses have trouble making friends. You guys are just on a whole other level. You're your own peer group, really.

Probably the best compliment I have received here....or insult! :o

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
Instead of attacking me why aren't people attacking the IFBB and the Pro League?

They don't use navy-colored text?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2014, 11:50:46 PM »

Why do I get the sneaky feeling that you are being condescending?