Author Topic: Are the tides turning towards another war in Europe?  (Read 2903 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Are the tides turning towards another war in Europe?
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
I don't want to paste a bunch of news links, but this is just for discussion purposes.  With the signing of the EU trade agreement with the former Soviet Bloc countries, as well as the mess in Ukraine, are these the embers that will eventually turn into an all out fire?  I know it probably isn't imminent, but if you look back in history and see what was going on in the world prior to the outbreaks of the two World Wars, couldn't one argue that the same is happening now?  World War one, was partially due to an arms race with between Germany and Britain that started 20 years prior to the out break.  You could say World War Two was started 20 years prior at Versailles.  I know everybody likes to think that we are too evolved for that type of large scale war, but egos can get hurt, and National sentiment can change and sway a population towards that ultimate conclusion.  What say you getbig?  I for one, am 51/49 now,leaning heavier to the side of "war" breaking out in the not so distant future.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Are the tides turning towards another war in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »
All out War is inevitable. America does not have the current or even in the wings political leadership to shape foreign policy or influence foreign leaders. American citizens (most) do not have the intelligence or attention spans to understand what is happening and could happen and what impact it will have on them.

No, do not look to the west for help on this brewing WW.
sept 10th APF

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »
The West will be involved regardless. I love how all American's are dumb but when it comes time to bail out the planet...please save us GI is all you hear. They can all fucking burn...we'll sell to who ever's left.
L

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »
oh yes we will be involved for sure. imagine the shape of the world if we (USA) WOULD let our military leaders make the military decisions during a war.

Patton wanted to go ahead and fight the russians as soon as the war in europe was winding down, president said nope. so they split europe and berlin and the rest is history.

McArthur had pushed the north Koreans almost into china and he wanted to go head push thru into china and fight the reds but was told nope. politicians gave the north koreans everything down to the 38th parallel.

Swortzkoff removed iraq from kuwait and wanted to push thru into bagdad but was told nope.

imagine a world with no communist ussr, no communist china, the korean war never would have happend, no vietnam war. no iraqi freedom war. do you think the iranians would have taken the U.S. hostages in 79'? do you think terrorist would have still hijacked jets and crashed the WTC?

look at the time gotta go andy griffith is coming on.
sept 10th APF

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
The european union was created mainly to avoid future wars. It was a matter of time until it colapses, like is happening now. Give it a couple of years.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:44 AM »
I know it probably isn't imminent, but if you look back in history and see what was going on in the world prior to the outbreaks of the two World Wars, couldn't one argue that the same is happening now?  World War one, was partially due to an arms race with between Germany and Britain that started 20 years prior to the out break.  You could say World War Two was started 20 years prior at Versailles.

There were no nukes before WWI and WWII.  The nuke, or the fear of using a nuke, keeps the "peace" between super powers and developed countries.

Award the nuke the Nobel Peace Prize already.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
There were no nukes before WWI and WWII.  The nuke, or the fear of using a nuke, keeps the "peace" between super powers and developed countries.

Not to mention, that because of globalization everyone loses a lots of money.

I think we see clashes, not world wars.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 10:51:54 AM »

correct

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
oh yes we will be involved for sure. imagine the shape of the world if we (USA) WOULD let our military leaders make the military decisions during a war.

Patton wanted to go ahead and fight the russians as soon as the war in europe was winding down, president said nope. so they split europe and berlin and the rest is history.

McArthur had pushed the north Koreans almost into china and he wanted to go head push thru into china and fight the reds but was told nope. politicians gave the north koreans everything down to the 38th parallel.

Swortzkoff removed iraq from kuwait and wanted to push thru into bagdad but was told nope.

imagine a world with no communist ussr, no communist china, the korean war never would have happend, no vietnam war. no iraqi freedom war. do you think the iranians would have taken the U.S. hostages in 79'? do you think terrorist would have still hijacked jets and crashed the WTC?

look at the time gotta go andy griffith is coming on.

I can say that none of that was a mistake. We weren't really ready to take on the Russians or the Chinese...as for Vietnam....it would have been helpful if folks had stepped aside at certain times, especially at the end. Desert storm... we stopped where the UN said we should stop and that was enough at that time. Maybe based on the size of the NATO countries available and contributing it would not have been a bad thing but there were a lot of arab nations who would not have been happy...plus Saddam would have hit Israel twice as much. We wouldn't have been able to hold them back from counter attacking and the wheels would have come off the wagon.
L

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »

I can say that none of that was a mistake. We weren't really ready to take on the Russians or the Chinese...as for Vietnam....it would have been helpful if folks had stepped aside at certain times, especially at the end. Desert storm... we stopped where the UN said we should stop and that was enough at that time. Maybe based on the size of the NATO countries available and contributing it would not have been a bad thing but there were a lot of arab nations who would not have been happy...plus Saddam would have hit Israel twice as much. We wouldn't have been able to hold them back from counter attacking and the wheels would have come off the wagon.

There were plans/talks to rearm some SS divisions and use them to keep pushing into Russia.  I've read it called "operation unthinkable".  Not sure how much credence I give it, that it was actually a thought, but I could see that beating the Russians.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
that show MI-5 on netflix is pretty awesome, I gotta say.  Anyone seen it?  They'll kill off main characters, BOOM, you never see it coming. 

They don't use their guns nearly enough, and they're a little soft at times, but it's a good watch in the background while doing other things, for sure, like much of netflix.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »
kool story.....

Anyway, .....

I think putin is choping at the bit to flex his muscles in europe. it will interesting to see how he acts and times his moves to coincide with the upcoming elections here in the states. but I feel that will be a catalist for a republican win. dems are seen as weak when it comes to military action while repubs are historically stronger.
sept 10th APF

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 06:15:51 PM »
kool story.....

Anyway, .....

I think putin is choping at the bit to flex his muscles in europe. it will interesting to see how he acts and times his moves to coincide with the upcoming elections here in the states. but I feel that will be a catalist for a republican win. dems are seen as weak when it comes to military action while repubs are historically stronger.

Kool story...

;D

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 02:28:08 AM »
The next big War will center on Africa.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 02:50:56 AM »
The West will be involved regardless. I love how all American's are dumb but when it comes time to bail out the planet...please save us GI is all you hear. They can all fucking burn...we'll sell to who ever's left.

Please spare us your sexual fantasies about GI's  :-X

Novena

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »

Hate to let you in on a secret, but most native born United States citizens are indeed pretty viscous.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 05:00:25 AM »
A good war is the only thing that can save Europe now.

Or possibly deliver the final death blow.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 05:39:26 AM »
If the USA had to get involved in another war anywhere and it was life or death situation like WW1, WW2 we would still mop the floor with ANYBODY

We are ALWAYS underrated, put down, called lazy, apathetic etc... and probably to a point this true, but all we do is " win baby, win"

The USA is like an old grizzly- looks fat, lazy, doesn't get too excited about much, but when he gets PISSED ..... we all know what happens next

The USA was the first country in history who could have conceivably conquered the world - post WW2,- and we DIDN'T, we REBUILT the world for the BETTER

All the USA haters out there know this deep down, we saved the world TWICE , yet we don't get much thanks sometimes

Novena

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:12 AM »
America’s “attention span” for a war is only 5 years.  After that “Vox Populi” will turn against it.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 05:07:22 PM »

+1

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
I'm starting a modern German-American Bund.  :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
I'm starting a modern German-American Bund.  :D

:D

Skeeter

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 06:09:19 AM »
A Neo-Nazi government installed on Russia's doorstep certainly has ratcheted up tensions. Far right movements are spreading in Europe and around the world. If war breaks out in Europe it will spread. Hopefully things cool down.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »
A Neo-Nazi government installed on Russia's doorstep certainly has ratcheted up tensions. Far right movements are spreading in Europe and around the world. If war breaks out in Europe it will spread. Hopefully things cool down.

I really don't think it's fair to label these movements "far right", I don't think that's very accurate at all. It's a great smear tactic the media uses.

If there's tension or violence you can blame the radical leftist policies and the borderline Neo-Nazi EU that have pushed people to the absolute brink.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:05 AM »
The US/UN has been and is being very arrogant and reckless in its marginalizing of Russia...we have relentlessly pushed NATO and the EU right to russia's doorstep, have tons of weapons pointed at them and casually operate our navy right off their coast, and act like its not provocation of any sort...
this is no doubt what has made Putin and his actions so popular there...anytime a nation feels completely marginalized, screwed over, and surrounded by hostile powers, nationalism inevitably rises there (and for good reason-nothing wrong with that).