Author Topic: 650 freakin pounds incline bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9446 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: 650 freakin pounds incline bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »
Whew, good thing the guy is in a run of the mill Gold's and not a powerlifting meet.   The spotter must've taken 350lbs off the lift!!

no but he did take off some, hence the title is not fulfilled

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
Obviously the guy is crazy strong ... BUT AS OTHERS SAY, this is FAR from anything approaching legit.

Only folks who genuinely know strength training know just how much a spot like this guy's getting can aid in a lift. Like, easily more than 100 pounds.

Again, strong dude, but these "da hulk" 'tards need to tone it down.   
thank you, now try telling this to coach, i argued with him about this, he claimed touching the bar does nothing and does not make a difference at all and I thought half of getbig was going to jump in and crucify him but to my surprised nobody said anything

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 07:23:16 PM »
This is not more important than studying electricity.

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »
Whew, good thing the guy is in a run of the mill Gold's and not a powerlifting meet.   The spotter must've taken 350lbs off the lift!!

That's obviously not what I meant.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »

Sometimes I will do some shrugs aka rack pulls if my spine feels loose when squatting.  I believe it has some use in cns training.  However, I bend at the knee for the "king of shrugs"

Nomo

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »
 :D ;D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 01:18:18 AM »
As I say, guy's strong as all hell, but ... c'mon.

Without a spot of any kind, he'd have a tough time doing 500 for a decent rep.

True
Why not just press what you can... I spotter is there to help when and AFTER you fail not from rep 1 . This seems to be a concept 90% of guys don't seem to get
choice is an illusion

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 08:29:57 AM »
Why would he be?

I mean a spot is fine. But that guy is rowing the bar with him.

That lift would never pass in any respectable powerlifting organisation. You get help unracking the bar.

Then you lock it out, touch it to your chest, wait for a signal and press. Not have some little guy doing an upright row while you grunt like a fat retard.

How much do you really think his 'rowing' is taking away from the lift poundage wise? At most 50lbs IMO. 99.9% of people who train can't even incline 315 for a single with such help. Give the guy some credit, 650lb is a good deadlift or squat. This guy PRESSED it on the incline bench. I'd wager he could bench mid 700's. That's retardedly impressive. There are few who could even support that kind of weight statically never mind press it.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »
How much do you really think his 'rowing' is taking away from the lift poundage wise? At most 50lbs IMO. 99.9% of people who train can't even incline 315 for a single with such help. Give the guy some credit, 650lb is a good deadlift or squat. This guy PRESSED it on the incline bench. I'd wager he could bench mid 700's. That's retardedly impressive. There are few who could even support that kind of weight statically never mind press it.

Leroy's best bench is about 620 or 630 raw in a contest.

great lift

But since he competes, he should know lifts that a spotter touches, regardless of how much, don't count.

That's why its surprising he's  posting the vids and acting last like they are legit...none of the other top lifters do...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Crazy having just the one "spotter" for that much weight. If that weight buried him, he would have been fukced. That spotter wouldn't have even been able to budge 650 off that dudes chest...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 09:09:34 AM »
You got to be kidding me.

V

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »

Well it depends on how strong you are doesn't it?

I'm not discrediting him for his strength. I'm discrediting him for being disingenuous with his strength. This equivalent to stacking some fake plates on the bar.

The spotter, I would say, is taking about 100lbs or so off the lift.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
How much do you really think his 'rowing' is taking away from the lift poundage wise? At most 50lbs IMO. I'd wager he could bench mid 700's. That's retardedly impressive. There are few who could even support that kind of weight statically never mind press it.

You'd "wager" mid-700s, huh? Well, read the post below yours. Guy has a FLAT, raw meet press much less than 650.

The best of the very best elite bench pressers are hovering just in front of or slightly above 700, dude. Spoto holds the all-time record at the moment with a 722.

When a spotter is applying any "lift" whatsoever to a bar in motion, it HUGELY aids the lifter, because doing so keeps the pressure being applied optimal through the very different phases of a repetition. And this doesn't even touch the psychological component.

As I say, the spotter here is helping in a profound way.

If I had to guesstimate, I'd put him, on incline, at a reasonably tight and controlled low, low 500s. Which is still fantastic and world-class.     

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »
I'd wager he could bench mid 700's. That's retarded

True

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
Again, I have competed against Leroy on 4 different occasions. He is legit SHW around 330-340lb with currently a 600+ raw bench press with his best under contest rules and conditions 622.8.  He posted a couple of incline videos like that.  He stated that he likes to train beyond his max as he feels that makes him stronger.  The videos as you can see go over well with your average joe getbigger, but not the powerlifting community.  I wouldn't matter if he had 800lbs on the bar, in the powerlifting world if the spotter is helping at all they really don't care.  I know you might say, but equipped lifters use those shirts and suits that helps a lot, but that is another subject entirely.

Leroy is a strong lifter and you can't take anything away from him.  His only issue that I see is his attitude as he can be a bit arrogant which other lifters don't really seem to appreciate obviously.  

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »
Again, I have competed against Leroy on 4 different occasions. He is legit SHW around 330-340lb with currently a 600+ raw bench press with his best under contest rules and conditions 622.8.  He posted a couple of incline videos like that.  He stated that he likes to train beyond his max as he feels that makes him stronger.  The videos as you can see go over well with your average joe getbigger, but not the powerlifting community.  I wouldn't matter if he had 800lbs on the bar, in the powerlifting world if the spotter is helping at all they really don't care.  I know you might say, but equipped lifters use those shirts and suits that helps a lot, but that is another subject entirely.

Leroy is a strong lifter and you can't take anything away from him.  His only issue that I see is his attitude as he can be a bit arrogant which other lifters don't really seem to appreciate obviously.  

What's his Squat and Dead look like?

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »
What's his Squat and Dead look like?

He does bench only. 

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »
On the video i posted above he does 624lbs.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
not even the point though. I don't care if there is 1000 lb on there if someone is touching the bar then the lifter is trying to exaggerate his claim whether it is 100lb 500lb or 1000lb. Keep it real and you won't get flamed

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 11:27:03 AM »
On the video i posted above he does 624lbs.

You're correct.  I forgot he was trying to break Pedro Mejihas USPA SHW raw record which was 622.8 so he was allowed to use the smaller weights.  Which BTW he started calling Pedro out which was kind of strange since Pedro is pretty mellow and doesn't go talking about anyone.  Hence the minor attitude issue.  

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:01 PM »
With no help from a spotter he fails at 635,around the 9 minute mark.