Author Topic: 650 freakin pounds incline bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9436 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: 650 freakin pounds incline bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
The problem is, SO many who watch YouTube videos and then post comments know SO VERY LITTLE. Very few gym-goers will ever fully grasp the magnitude of a 600-pound raw press or a legit, to depth 7/800-pound squat. Or deadlift.

You have guys saying stuff like, Yeah, so-and-so can hit 315 for a lot of reps so he's good for 500, or some crap like that.

When one who knows considers a human actually legitimately pressing 700 pounds, raw, it blows the mind. Or burying 700 pounds in the squat with just a belt and knee warmers. Drugs or not, these kinds of lifts make one marvel at what a human of a specific genetic disposition and dedication can achieve.

Throw in boatloads of drugs and the feats become truly freakish.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »
As I say, guy's strong as all hell, but ... c'mon.

Without a spot of any kind, he'd have a tough time doing 500 for a decent rep.

A tough time doing 500 for a decent rep? Dude you're talking directly out of your fucking ass...

How much is this skinny fat spotter helping with his 2 fingers?

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
A tough time doing 500 for a decent rep? Dude you're talking directly out of your fucking ass...

The problem is you can't judge how much someone is helping.  Therefore no powerlifter will ever care about any lift where the spotter is touching it at all.  It is just the way it is and has always been that way.  No offense to Leroy at all as he is a legitimate very strong bench presser.  Just as the bodybuilding world doesn't give a damn about you look posing at the gym or two weeks out.  What matters is how you look on competition day standing on stage.   Even Leroy knows this as he told me personally that trains sometimes quite a bit over his max as he believes it makes him stronger when it comes to meet day. 

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2014, 03:38:36 PM »
The problem is you can't judge how much someone is helping.  Therefore no powerlifter will ever care about any lift where the spotter is touching it at all.  It is just the way it is and has always been that way.  No offense to Leroy at all as he is a legitimate very strong bench presser.  Just as the bodybuilding world doesn't give a damn about you look posing at the gym or two weeks out.  What matters is how you look on competition day standing on stage.   Even Leroy knows this as he told me personally that trains sometimes quite a bit over his max as he believes it makes him stronger when it comes to meet day.  

9 clean reps all locked out and smooth with 5 plates on incline with a dummy touching the bar with 2 fingers. Enough said.

The 655 was an assisted lockout, although with the way the spotter had his wrists on the bar, I doubt he was "curling" or more like "front delt raising" more than 50lbs. Put a bar on your wrists like that and see how good a 45lb bar feels digging into your tendon/vein...Just saying I'm rating that at no more than 50lbs..

If 500x10 is the way he "warms up" I assume he had numerous heavy sets leading up to that 650, making him fatigued.

605x4 the spotter is clearly not doing shit because...he doesn't need to. Clearly explosive as fuck.

I have seen in person here at Supertraining Gym, Spoto, Efferding, Larson, Lilly, Derek Kendall, Lilliebridges, Chad Smith, Scot Mendelson, and MANY more behemoths...Leroy is stronger than all but a couple.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »
The problem is you can't judge how much someone is helping.  Therefore no powerlifter will ever care about any lift where the spotter is touching it at all.  It is just the way it is and has always been that way.  No offense to Leroy at all as he is a legitimate very strong bench presser.  Just as the bodybuilding world doesn't give a damn about you look posing at the gym or two weeks out.  What matters is how you look on competition day standing on stage.   Even Leroy knows this as he told me personally that trains sometimes quite a bit over his max as he believes it makes him stronger when it comes to meet day. 

Thats true.

WHile impressive for the youtube crowd, have the spotter remove his hands from the bar immediately after the lift off an his reps probably drop in half.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:03 PM »
The problem is, SO many who watch YouTube videos and then post comments know SO VERY LITTLE. Very few gym-goers will ever fully grasp the magnitude of a 600-pound raw press or a legit, to depth 7/800-pound squat. Or deadlift.

You have guys saying stuff like, Yeah, so-and-so can hit 315 for a lot of reps so he's good for 500, or some crap like that.

When one who knows considers a human actually legitimately pressing 700 pounds, raw, it blows the mind. Or burying 700 pounds in the squat with just a belt and knee warmers. Drugs or not, these kinds of lifts make one marvel at what a human of a specific genetic disposition and dedication can achieve.

You're keepin it too real man..stop making so much sense, it's way above too many heads around here..
H

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »
Some men just can't come to terms with the idea that other men are a lot stronger than they are.  Their egos insist that they discredit the stronger man any way possible.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »

If you take this in consideration. We probably are capable of far more than 700-800 pound raw bench presses. Our bones can take a lot, but how much can the muscles, tendons and ligaments take?
Our human bone weighs in at about 119 pounds per cubic foot. (That must mean I've got a couple cubic feet within me.) Its design and construction enables it to have between 18,000 to 24,000 pounds per square inch in compression. Bone's tension strength is 13,200 to 17,000 psi. And its shearing strength is 7,150 to 11,800 psi. Now those numbers may not mean much to most of us, but when you consider the compression strength of white oak is only 7,000 pounds, that it has a tension strength of 12, 500, and its shearing strength is merely 4, 000 psi then you get the idea that our bones were created to haul a pretty good load.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
OMG what the hell don't you guys understand?, wow. It is not the actual weight taken off the bar when a spotter is at play, it is way WAY more then that.

The stability, the feel, and the psychological effect all come into play as well as the poundage.

You would know this if you grabbed your max of 3 reps on the bench unassisted then on your next set tell someone to put 2 fingers under the bar and you will nail 10 reps with ease, whoever doesn't know this is dam amateur

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:55 AM »
OMG what the hell don't you guys understand?, wow. It is not the actual weight taken off the bar when a spotter is at play, it is way WAY more then that.

The stability, the feel, and the psychological effect all come into play as well as the poundage.

You would know this if you grabbed your max of 3 reps on the bench unassisted then on your next set tell someone to put 2 fingers under the bar and you will nail 10 reps with ease, whoever doesn't know this is dam amateur

Good point.
The simple confidence boost of a spotters finger on the bar seems to make it fly up even if they are providing no physical assistance

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »

this is legit CRAZY INSANE strong those two fingers aint helpin shit maybe 30 pounds. That dude has some serious crushing strength
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:53 AM »

Finally someone posts some truth.  I can fully attest to this.  The psychological effect is key.  

Now, I wish I could say a spotter has made the difference between 3 reps and 10 reps for me, but I can definitely say it's made the difference between 2 reps and 4 reps for sure.

When I choose a spotter I choose someone I've known in the gym for a good while that truly understands what to do....not Mr. Random "Get it!! All you!!" and basically does an upright row while I'm pressing LOL.  If that's all that's available I prefer to work alone.   The difference between a good spot and a bad spot is light years apart.....good spots are hard to find.

After all these years I'm sick and tired of some on this board with their "didn't count cause of the spotter", "that wouldn't fly in a meet", "basically that was a two man lift", "take half the weight off the bar and he still wouldn't do a single strict rep unassisted".   ::)  

I get that some on this board have lifted in sanctioned meets and done well....GB is proud of those that have and supports them.  ;D   Most of us will never participate in an event like that and yet the fact remains that this guy is still brutally strong.  Why some can't admit that baffles me.  

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 06:38:43 AM »

Okay, I stand corrected. Thanks for the video.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »
I have seen in person here at Supertraining Gym, Spoto, Efferding, Larson, Lilly, Derek Kendall, Lilliebridges, Chad Smith, Scot Mendelson, and MANY more behemoths...Leroy is stronger than all but a couple.

Okay, tone it down A LITTLE, dude.

This guy is miles strong but there is a WORLD of difference between 600 (and change) and 700 in the bench, as a legit competition press.

But I will say this, the dude seems to have the incline as his greater lift. Having said this ...

HAVE SPOTTERS TAKE THEIR HANDS OFF THE DAMN BAR!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2014, 07:03:47 AM »
Good point.
The simple confidence boost of a spotters finger on the bar seems to make it fly up even if they are providing no physical assistance

BANG!

These two speak the truth.

I know I can nail MANY more reps ... or complete a MUCH greater weight for a single ... if someone's touching/holding the bar (or wrapping his arms around my waist when I squat).

Simple Simon

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
BANG!

These two speak the truth.

I know I can nail MANY more reps ... or complete a MUCH greater weight for a single ... if someone's touching/holding the bar (or wrapping his arms around my waist when I squat).

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2014, 02:03:42 PM »
Okay, tone it down A LITTLE, dude.

This guy is miles strong but there is a WORLD of difference between 600 (and change) and 700 in the bench, as a legit competition press.

But I will say this, the dude seems to have the incline as his greater lift. Having said this ...

HAVE SPOTTERS TAKE THEIR HANDS OFF THE DAMN BAR!

Yes and I said "all but a couple" can you comprehend that? Spoto and Mendelson are the only 2 on that list stronger than Leroy.

I can say with great confidence that everyone on that list has devoted 100% of their lives to the sport of competitive power lifting. Drugs, food, rest, programming took priority in their lives for many years.

That being said...Leroy trains out of a random ass "big box gym" and looks to be having fun and not taking it all that seriously at all...which boggles the mind. He is a freak.

And you people focusing on the spotters rather than the insanity of him casually lifting 650lbs are haters. Simple.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
Yes and I said "all but a couple" can you comprehend that? Spoto and Mendelson are the only 2 on that list stronger than Leroy.

I can say with great confidence that everyone on that list has devoted 100% of their lives to the sport of competitive power lifting. Drugs, food, rest, programming took priority in their lives for many years.

That being said...Leroy trains out of a random ass "big box gym" and looks to be having fun and not taking it all that seriously at all...which boggles the mind. He is a freak.

And you people focusing on the spotters rather than the insanity of him casually lifting 650lbs are haters. Simple.

Mendelson tore his left pec and Spoto has a shoulder problem now.

Leroy is probably the strongest bencher right now.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2014, 07:14:30 PM »
Fair enough, so it's a 550 incline.  That's incredible pressing.

So then press 550 clean...and no one would say a damn thing negative

I totally get it

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2014, 07:19:48 PM »
Leroy Walker, The King of the Assisted Incline Press.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
Mendelson tore his left pec and Spoto has a shoulder problem now.

Leroy is probably the strongest bencher right now.

Mendy just did a 900 something in a shirt a couple weeks ago in a meet. But he had a 715 WR raw bench in the record books, and still has a 308 class WR of 701 so he is technically stronger.

Spoto has a 722 obviously. I believe Leroy has a 622.

Strongest bencher(s) right now, 1. Siamand Rahman an Iranian Paralympian. 2. Kirill Sarychev.

One of if not THE most impressive bench press I've ever seen;

705 - No wrist wraps, no lift off, no leg drive (he has tiny non-functioning legs), no arch. Easy lift with perfect form. Had at least 20+lbs left in the tank.

Second only to;

719 - huge international competition (nerves can play a HUGE role in this setting) good 3-4 second hold before start command, significant pause on chest, relatively easy press.

Honorable mention is the beast Jeremy Hoornstra;

661 @ 242lbs

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
Those are just insane.

It blows my mind that guys are pressing raw what I could barely do in a single ply. I don't know how regular lifters can even begin to relate to those poundages

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
Those are just insane.

It blows my mind that guys are pressing raw what I could barely do in a single ply. I don't know how regular lifters can even begin to relate to those poundages

I mean to put into perspective how thick those guys are lol..

The Iranian Rahman weighs over 400lbs with tiny paralyzed legs...He would probably weigh damn near 600lbs with a big set of legs up under him...The man's hands and wrists are like coffee cans..

What it boils down to is these are roughly 2x bodyweight bench presses..Except Hoornstra's 661 @ 242 which is mind blowing.

And shit like this..500 @ 165 ROFL.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06:52 AM »
Why would he be?

I mean a spot is fine. But that guy is rowing the bar with him.

That lift would never pass in any respectable powerlifting organisation. You get help unracking the bar.

Then you lock it out, touch it to your chest, wait for a signal and press. Not have some little guy doing an upright row while you grunt like a fat retard.

I didn't know they had incline bench in "any respectable powerlifting organization".  ::)