Author Topic: Controlling your dreams  (Read 684 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Controlling your dreams
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
I had an odd experience this morning.

I was dreaming - I was walking on a beach. An beautiful clean beach - giant clams jutting out of the water with electric blue markings on the side, everyone was standing around them admiring their beauty. Some mussels also floating in the sea around the clams them too.

Then I turned and walked away from the sea, I looked down at my feet as I was feeling the sand beneath my toes, I could feel the heat of the sun on my head too.  Then it came to me "this is a dream". I carried on walking to the board walk marveling in the details that my dream was producing - people I'd never seen in a place I'd never seen. Shops on the boardwalk I'd never seen. All in vivid detail.

I went with it for a while but I could feel the tug of waking up and I woke up with all those images still in my head.

I've realized I was dreaming in a dream before - but this is the first time I got to stay with the dream for a while and take in the astounding amount of detail being generated. I wasn't controlling the dream but I feel a few more experiences like this and I'd be able to have it play out my way.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Controlling your dreams
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
OK,

So dream control is a type of lucid dreaming, but It's very difficult and in my opinion NOT worth the effort.

The best and most vivid lucid dreaming is where you let the dream tell it's own story, and this is often more meaningful as well. Just let go and let the dream unfold without judgment.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
Cool- have had a few of those. It fascinates me that the mind produces coherent dreams like that, lucid or not. There's 'lucid dreaming' enthusiasts out there who practice to achieve it. There was a thread about this a few years ago with several getbiggers reporting their experiences (I remember Swede's account where he would try to have sex with models every time he had one). I've had several random lucid dreams of my own, with some more lucid and longer than others. I can't control it for the life of me; usually the more I try the quicker it vanishes away like in your case.

The best lucid dream I had was a true mindfuck: I did not know whether I was in reality or stuck in a dream! I was traveling on a bus with my brother, and for whatever reason it struck me that I might be dreaming. So I ask my brother "Dude, is this reality or a dream?" to which he gave a sarcastic answer "Yea it's a dream!". Feeling that he wouldn't give me a straight answer I started brainstorming ways of finding out a test for reality.  Of all things this is what I came up with: if I smash this window with my bare hands and it doesn't hurt then I must be dreaming! Before I was able to put this to the test, the bus came to a stop, at which point I get out of the bus and started getting chased. I managed with my lucid powers to climb up a building like spiderman... but then I just slipped into a dream state for the rest of the dream  :'(
follow the arrows

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
One time when I was little I had a dream where I was a cherry red T-Rex. I wanted to pee behind some ferns. I realized that it was a dream, so I thought to myself, "it's ok, pee behind the ferns, it's just a dream."

Then I woke up, since I had wet the bed.  :-\

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 10:04:18 PM »
Cool- have had a few of those. It fascinates me that the mind produces coherent dreams like that, lucid or not. There's 'lucid dreaming' enthusiasts out there who practice to achieve it. There was a thread about this a few years ago with several getbiggers reporting their experiences (I remember Swede's account where he would try to have sex with models every time he had one). I've had several random lucid dreams of my own, with some more lucid and longer than others. I can't control it for the life of me; usually the more I try the quicker it vanishes away like in your case.

The best lucid dream I had was a true mindfuck: I did not know whether I was in reality or stuck in a dream! I was traveling on a bus with my brother, and for whatever reason it struck me that I might be dreaming. So I ask my brother "Dude, is this reality or a dream?" to which he gave a sarcastic answer "Yea it's a dream!". Feeling that he wouldn't give me a straight answer I started brainstorming ways of finding out a test for reality.  Of all things this is what I came up with: if I smash this window with my bare hands and it doesn't hurt then I must be dreaming! Before I was able to put this to the test, the bus came to a stop, at which point I get out of the bus and started getting chased. I managed with my lucid powers to climb up a building like spiderman... but then I just slipped into a dream state for the rest of the dream  :'(

Right! The more you are proactive in these dreams the more they slip away. If you just hang out they can get crazy!

The creepiest/coolest is when you forget you are dreaming and have some creepy false awakenings...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
Right! The more you are proactive in these dreams the more they slip away. If you just hang out they can get crazy!

The creepiest/coolest is when you forget you are dreaming and have some creepy false awakenings...
haha damn, can't imagine getting that deep into it. On controlling it- I think you can develop the capacity to do so. Some are naturally better than others at it. I happen to not be.
follow the arrows

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »
dream control comes easy to me, I like flying dreams so if Im dreaming and I realise its a dream then I take a run and take off.

Happens a lot.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
dream control comes easy to me, I like flying dreams so if Im dreaming and I realise its a dream then I take a run and take off.

Happens a lot.

That reminds me.

Why is it that people on LSD that think they can fly always jump off buildings? I mean - why don't they just start at ground level?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »