Author Topic: walked into a planet fitness today  (Read 6422 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
walked into a planet fitness today
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
they put a brand new huge planet fitness gym 5 minutes from my house. i finally checked it out today. as soon as i walked in, the manger came up and tryed to sign me up.
i told him, you don't want me in here bro. he agreed, as i was wearing a 3 xxxl shirt. but i have to say, the place was nice. rows of brand new treadmills, steppers, tvs everywhere.
also a snack bar. now i would never join planet fitness to lift weights, as i already belong to three gyms. but when my one year commitment runs out at my anytime fitness gym for 38.00
a month, i just might join planet fitness for the 10.00 dollars a month just to use the cardio equipment.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: walked into a planet fitness today
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
they put a brand new huge planet fitness gym 5 minutes from my house. i finally checked it out today. as soon as i walked in, the manger came up and tryed to sign me up.
i told him, you don't want me in here bro. he agreed, as i was wearing a 3 xxxl shirt. but i have to say, the place was nice. rows of brand new treadmills, steppers, tvs everywhere.
also a snack bar. now i would never join planet fitness to lift weights, as i already belong to three gyms. but when my one year commitment runs out at my anytime fitness gym for 38.00
a month, i just might join planet fitness for the 10.00 dollars a month just to use the cardio equipment.

How much did the dumbbells go up to? Most getbiggers need at least 90+ pound dumbbells.

Plus, for $10 a month, I might join lol :)
X

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »
I didn't look at the weigh area, because I knew
That I would not join to lift weights. But
I think they go up to 70s

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »
 ::) i never use anything smaller than triple digits [100-140 lbs] ever since 11 th grade.
F

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »
100lbs at planet fitness is 100lbs at golds

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
Actors:

Actual public:

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: walked into a planet fitness toda
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
100lbs at planet fitness is 100lbs at golds

Serious question. If you expel a normal, last-rep grunt (legit noise, NOT the exaggerated Bro theatric), do they immediately Lunk you outta there? Or are they just concerned with the stereotypical meathead nonsense?

'Cause from what I've read here, it seems like you can't even sweat at this place.

Simple Simon

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »
I could train there no problem, I'm very quiet and dont drop weights.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

Not a PF employee with BMI under 40 in sight.
~

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »
Judgment Free Zone. What pandering, turbocharged faggotry.

Come on in, sit on the bike, and enjoy your hot fudge sundae. No pedaling, no worries. We won't even think poorly of you.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
Judgment Free Zone. What pandering, turbo-charged faggotry.

Come on in, sit on the bike, and enjoy your hot fudge sundae. No pedaling, no worries. We won't even think poorly of you.

I actually belong to a PF and I judge people in there all the time. 
~

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
I actually belong to a PF and I judge people in there all the time. 

Wait, how do you pull it off? The sign is pretty clear, my friend.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
And you don't squat
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »

You'd fit right in....no intimidating squat racks.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
$10 a month for free pizza every Friday and the delusion of "I'm exercising in a judgment free zone" is a deal few fatsos could refuse.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »
Wait, how do you pull it off? The sign is pretty clear, my friend.

The women that work there are secretly tired of all the beta mama's boys that frequent the gym, so they pretend not to notice.  
~

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
Judgment Free Zone. What pandering, turbocharged faggotry.

Should be called Planet PC.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
$10 a month for free pizza every Friday and the delusion of "I'm exercising in a judgment free zone" is a deal few fatsos could refuse.

Please tell me that he's just trolling :-\

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »
They opened a 17k sq foot one near me and I got a membership for $99 dollars.  They have a ton of Hammer, Lifefitness and Cybex machines along with 4 smith machines.  A buddy of mine owns a gym with dumbells that go up to 150 but I I want to do a quick circuit it's great.  Also they have plenty of 45's and a great leg press.  

People that work there are very laid back and head trainer always asks me questions. I've belonged to two different ones and people have never been anything but friendly to me.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
LOL at the people who think they're too good or too hardcore to workout at PF. Let me know where u keep your Sandows.
Lol for you not knowing that they discriminate against those who actually look like they work out. There was a thread on here a few months ago, where a planet fitness asked a woman who had an outfit that exposed her stomach, and she looked good, but she was told that she was discouraging the other members because she looked too good.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 02:07:29 PM »
I will have to say I dont give a piss about them.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 02:12:08 PM »
Lol for you not knowing that they discriminate against those who actually look like they work out. There was a thread on here a few months ago, where a planet fitness asked a woman who had an outfit that exposed her stomach, and she looked good, but she was told that she was discouraging the other members because she looked too good.

They are independently owned so it really depends on the owners.  

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
The women that work there are secretly tired of all the beta mama's boys that frequent the gym, so they pretend not to notice.  

It's just silly on so many levels. I'd really like to think the marketing mastermind here is some super judgmental musclehead simply exploiting the insecurities and idiocy of overly-sensitive, self-conscious fatties/pussies.

Convincing them you can control thought, man, that's a ballsy investment. Fucker pulled it off.

the trainer

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »

You are wrong my friend you are the perfect client, fat fucks walking about in 3 xxl shirts is the target market, I want to motivate you to join so  let me remind you that they offer free pizza.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
Well if there was a thread on here it must be true then: PF "discriminates" against those who "actually look like they work out." I guess fit-looking people are not a protected class like u r. Lol!
Well, many people carried her story
http://m.ktvu.com/news/news/local/gym-tells-woman-shes-intimidating-guests-toned-bod/nfGHz/
p://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/too_fit_for_planet_fitness_woman_says_staff_said_her_toned_body_intimidated_others.html

And here is another person
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25149295/teens-tank-top-made-others-too-uncomfortable-at-planet-fitness
The  fact is that it not so much that it is posted here that it is true, which is no argument, but that there are cases around the country in which people who are "fit" are claimed to intimidate those who are not. They even have a commercial about it, where "hot" women in the locker room are talking and it "intimidates" a not so "hot" looking woman.