Author Topic: Muslim couple sell their house - to get away from the muslims  (Read 4887 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
My wife was on the phone to her friend today - they speak Thai but the gist I caught was that they have sold their house. This Muslim Thai couple live with their sister (married to an Aussie who works offshore) and their dad (a fairly devout muslim).

I've been out for dinner/lunch with them many times, mostly halal places but none of them mind me bringing  a few beers to enjoy.

me "they moving somewhere else?"
wife "no - just down the road to a different Moo Baan (gated community/village)"
me "they getting a bigger house"
wife "no - same size"
me "so, a new one?"
wife "no - another old one".
me "so why they moving"....

This isn't on the boonies, it's in a city - but apparently the local mussies in the village "police" it. So the Aussie guy, when he comes back from offshore can't have a beer at home because some tolerant soul might hoist a brick through the window.

So they've decided to up sticks because they current feeling on this little housing estate is that someone is always watching and using that as an excuse to get nasty.

So they'll be living amongst Bhuddists & Christians and quite happily getting along.

This isn't normal in Thailand - or even that area - it's just this one housing estate that's gone full Islamist. Even the mosque's in the area are open to all - they regularly have food fairs where everyone goes for roti and other more Muslim Thai dishes (aka heart attack food).

Comes to something when Muslims can't live with Muslims...