Author Topic: farradays experment and our magnetic electric world a question  (Read 3151 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
in farradays experiment of moving the magnet through the conducting coil, why and how does this generate a small electrical current (the coil is hooked up to a needle that shows electric current). i feel this is because any time you have magnetism you also have electricty.

but the thing is im not sure if you would see this same 'small current effect' with a straight wire of copper and a magnet passing close to it. however i could be wrong perhaps the current is ever so slight and almost undetectable, wich is it? will it have any measurable amount of current? i have more questions to ask but i must get going soon and want to do some lifting and eat more tofu on my english muffins
A

Simple Simon

Re: farradays experment and our magnetic electric world a question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »
I to have pondered this in great depth, and yes, I will have English Muffins with Tofu as well.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:26:26 AM »
I to have pondered this in great depth, and yes, I will have English Muffins with Tofu as well.
add a bit of raspberry preserves or something like that make sure to butter up the muffin well , and fry the tofu on both sides. if you eat this everyday zero lower back pain!
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
add a bit of raspberry preserves or something like that make sure to butter up the muffin well , and fry the tofu on both sides. if you eat this everyday zero lower back pain!

Amazing, Muffins cure bulging discs?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:42:23 AM »
in farradays experiment of moving the magnet through the conducting coil, why and how does this generate a small electrical current (the coil is hooked up to a needle that shows electric current). i feel this is because any time you have magnetism you also have electricty.

but the thing is im not sure if you would see this same 'small current effect' with a straight wire of copper and a magnet passing close to it. however i could be wrong perhaps the current is ever so slight and almost undetectable, wich is it? will it have any measurable amount of current? i have more questions to ask but i must get going soon and want to do some lifting and eat more tofu on my english muffins

Yes, but not as much. Ten inches of wire coiled several times is longer than 10" of straight wire and can therefore hold more electrical current.

It's basically how a transformer works: the more coils, the greater the voltage.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
Yes, but not as much. Ten inches of wire coiled several times is longer than 10" of straight wire and can therefore hold more electrical current.

It's basically how a transformer works: the more coils, the greater the voltage.
what is the logic behined the coiling of wire , why not a single peice with as much weight/mass?

its all about the mass that creates more conductivity not the coiling

also the direction for example if you have to coils side by side and one coil electrified it doesnt transfer aswell as apposed to a coil on top of another coil
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »
Coils of the serpent - unwind...  8)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »

His name is spelled Faraday.  And the answer to your question is heme iron.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
what is the logic behined the coiling of wire , why not a single peice with as much weight/mass?

its all about the mass that creates more conductivity not the coiling

also the direction for example if you have to coils side by side and one coil electrified it doesnt transfer aswell as apposed to a coil on top of another coil

The single piece of wire in your example would reduce the resistance and therefore the voltage.

Voltage is often compared to water pressure.

If you put your thumb over half a garden hose, the water sprays farther. Your example takes your thumb off the hose, decreasing the resistance and therefore the pressure.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
The single piece of wire in your example would reduce the resistance and therefore the voltage.

If you put your thumb over half a garden hose, the water sprays farther. Your example takes your thumb off the hose, decreasing the resistance and therefore the pressure.

in AC isnt resistance a good thing since the flow of electricity changes direction?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Talking about AC current is this a correct statement i read?

the electrons are not the things that move when electricity moves. The thing that is moving is "electric and magnetic fields", or more precisely voltage. The voltage runs across the wires back and forth at the speed of light,
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
Farraday was one of the top hobbyist bodybuilders in his town. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »

in AC isnt resistance a good thing since the flow of electricity changes direction?

In electricity, resistance generally refers to the thickness of the wire. The thicker it is, more current can flow through, or the less resistance there is to the current.

In an electric generator, a magnet spins inside a big cylinder packed with coils of wire and alternates between attracting and repelling the current, hence the name Alternating Current (AC)

A battery is an example of of Direct Current where the flow of electricity goes from one end, through a wire, to the other end.

Electricity is generated by agitating the electrons in a conductor, doing this also creates magnetism.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »

stick a wire connected to a light bulb into a potato , as the tater rots energy is produced and will light the light bulb. give it a try.
F

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »

Good point, tofu and raspberry preserves are well documented to cure lower back pain. Once again, you are a great asset to this community. We salute you, Marty Fucking Champions.

In other news related to your posts:

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Good point, tofu and raspberry preserves are well documented to cure lower back pain. Once again, you are a great asset to this community. We salute you, Marty Fucking Champions.

In other news related to your posts:

i see from your point of view im either wisfull thinking or trolling. goodluck with keeping it negative sometimes its best to keep it negative. if you didnt catch my point it isnt the raspberry preserves or the muffin its the tofu , you cant just eat tofu by itself

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »

the thinner the copper wire is the more resistance and the less voltage and current there is???

the thicker the wire the less resistance and pressure there is thus allowing more voltage and current

voltage=current im guessing

the thicker the wire the larger feild of electromagnetic waves it can produce? or maybe not since you give that water hose analogy

perhaps the thinner wire is best over long distances

A