Author Topic: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread  (Read 11658 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »
Some will insist that you will change your mind no matter what. It's reassuring for them for their life choices.

That's true.. A woman that falls in love, tends to demand all kinds of changes, from changing your haircut to starting a family.
I can only say: stay true to yourself, no matter what she thinks or wants.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »
Some will insist that you will change your mind no matter what. It's reassuring for them for their life choices.

I love children and we want to have another child, but I can assure you I fully stand by the choices of the vast majority of getbiggers who choose to never have kids of their own.....I support them never making children.

Simple Simon

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »
I love children and we want to have another child, but I can assure you I fully stand by the choices of the vast majority of getbiggers who choose to never have kids of their own.....I support them never making children.
After reading some of their posts Im inclined to agree with you.   ;D

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
I have a 2 year old son. Best decision I've made. He's got great delts...much iron he will move.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
40 years old, single and no kids. My choice. I'm not sure I would make the greatest father. But when I hang with my friends, who all are married and have at least two kids, the irony is hilarious. I'm sometimes envious of their life with not having that feeling as a parent. But on the flipside my friends often remind me how lucky I am not to have that obligation. They envy my privacy and my ability to live a polygamist lifestyle. I'm not a big hit with most of friends' wives because of that reason.

I'll probably take after my father and wind up having a child in my 50's. Hope that doesn't happen. Wearing condoms at 40 sucks but I still do it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
I love these threads,  people that have never had children telling us how horrible it is to have children.

And when you post ....as a parent ...how gratifying it is,  they argue with you....LOL

Absolutely. It's an individual preference, no doubt. Some people know right away, some realize after the fact, good or bad, some grow into it, some don't. I'm thrilled my brother wanted kids, I love them to death. I don't want my own, though.

However, it's beyond stupid to suggest that there's one perfect path. Personal preference is all, this ain't physics.

And Wiggs. C'mon. "Selfish" is why whites aren't winning the breeding competition? It really has nothing to do with education, responsibility, and common sense? I think we're at 72% now, unwed black mothers, you sure you wanna go there?

No hate, brother. But honesty?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »
Too many people having kids all over the world, all races. This world is overpopulated. The stupid people are outbreeding the smart ones, no doubt about it. The inbreeding familes in certain States certainly doesn't help bolster the gene pool.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
Absolutely. It's an individual preference, no doubt. Some people know right away, some realize after the fact, good or bad. Some grow into it, some don't. I'm thrilled my brother wanted kids, I love them to death. I don't want my own, though.

However, it's beyond stupid to suggest that there's one perfect path. Personal preference is all, this ain't physics.

And Wiggs. C'mon. "Selfish" is why whites aren't winning the breeding competition? It really has nothing to do with education, responsibility, and common sense? I think we're at 72% now, unwed black mothers. You sure you wanna go there?

No hate, brother. But honesty?

"Winning the breeding competition?" Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard. The idea that there is a competition to continue to overpopulate the world with humans of any race until we eventually eat each other like rats in an overpopulated rat's nest is mind boggling.

I love my kids. I am glad that my wife and I decided to have them. I am also pleased that we chose to stop at two kids. Raising children today is expensive when you do it right. Anyone who has children willy nilly or just to insure their race continues is selfish to the extreme.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »
"Winning the breeding competition?" Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard. The idea that there is a competition to continue to overpopulate the world with humans of any race until we eventually eat each other like rats in an overpopulated rat's nest is mind boggling.

I love my kids. I am glad that my wife and I decided to have them. I am also pleased that we chose to stop at two kids. Raising children today is expensive when you do it right. Anyone who has children willy nilly or just to insure their race continues is selfish to the extreme.

Apparently you missed his post, Prime. I was simply responding to his assertion that whites will cease to exist because of our selfishness. Our greed. We're getting outfucked was pretty much his point. Losing the "breeding competition," he suggested, which is what I addressed. But you missed that, didn't you, and decided mine was the "stupidest."

Ironic coming from a guy who types "orientate" like it's a real word. Crazier still when you realize the guy was a
teacher. Seriously, all these years in a classroom, no one ever corrected you on that? I don't normally address literacy, because it's kinda toolish, but since you're so comfortable doing it, I thought it was fair. A teacher, too. Wow.

No offense, Prime, but go fuck yourself.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2014, 11:34:12 PM »
Apparently you missed his post, Prime. I was simply responding to his assertion that whites will cease to exist because of our selfishness. Our greed. We're getting outfucked was pretty much his point. Losing the "breeding competition," he suggested, which is what I addressed. But you missed that, didn't you, and decided mine was the "stupidest."

Ironic coming from a guy who types "orientate" like it's a real word. Crazier still when you realize the guy was a
teacher. Seriously, all these years in a classroom, no one ever corrected you on that? I don't normally address literacy, because it's kinda toolish, but since you're so comfortable doing it, I thought it was fair. A teacher, too. Wow.

No offence, Prime, but go fuck yourself.

Wow are you sensitive....and hugely mistaken!

You are right, I didn't read his post. It was your quote and reference to it that prompted me to agree with you in my reply. Guess you missed that, huh?

Another mistake you've made is that you assumed I was a classroom teacher. While it is true I worked for a school district for the better part of 30 years, I was a classified employee working in buildings and maintenance. During the course of my employment there, I worked at two of the district high schools and finally at an elementary school. In our district, we did consider all adult employees as "teachers" with respect to our responsibilities as role models to the students.

As for my misuse of a word or non-word as you suggest, Webster's disagrees.

ori·en·tate verb \ˈȯr-ē-ən-ˌtāt, -ˌen-\

ori·en·tat·ed ori·en·tat·ing

Definition of ORIENTATE

intransitive verb

:  to face or turn to the east

transitive verb

:  orient

See orientate defined for English-language learners »

See orientate defined for kids »

Examples of ORIENTATE

a program that helps to orientate new students
She needs to orientate herself to her new job.

First Known Use of ORIENTATE

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/orientate

Every fall just before students arrived, all staff attended the annual orientation where we were orientated as to that year's expectations. Actually, we were re-orientated because after you've been to two of these events, you quickly realize they are all the same.

As a union leader (Chapter President), I attended and presented at numerous new employee orientations where I would orientate these folks as to their benefits, etc. Not to belabor the word or anything.... ;D

The above being said, I'll acknowledge there is some disagreement at to whether the correct word is orient or orientate. Actually, both are correct.

In the UK, it is more common for people to say “orientate” whereas in the US, “orient” is more common. Writers in both countries sometimes bemoan the usage of the alternative word. In fact, both words are acceptable according to the dictionaries.

The Oxford English Dictionary and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary list “orient” and “orientate” as verbs meaning the same thing.

Lastly, no offense taken, but I'll pass on your suggestion if you don't mind. Anyway, even if I wanted to comply, unfortunately my dick isn't long enough for me to fuck myself....not that I have tried.  ::)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »

Wow are you sensitive....and hugely mistaken!

You are right, I didn't read his post. It was your quote and reference to it that prompted me to agree with you in my reply. Guess you missed that, huh?

Another mistake you've made is that you assumed I was a classroom teacher. While it is true I worked for a school district for the better part of 30 years, I was a classified employee working in buildings and maintenance. During the course of my employment there, I worked at two of the district high schools and finally at an elementary school. In our district, we did consider all adult employees as "teachers" with respect to our responsibilities as role models to the students.

As for my misuse of a word or non-word as you suggest, Webster's disagrees.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/orientate

Every fall just before students arrived, all staff attended the annual orientation where we were orientated as to that year's expectations. Actually, we were re-orientated because after you've been to two of these events, you quickly realize they are all the same.

As a union leader (Chapter President), I attended and presented at numerous new employee orientations where I would orientate these folks as to their benefits, etc. Not to belabor the word or anything.... ;D

The above being said, I'll acknowledge there is some disagreement at to whether the correct word is orient or orientate. Actually, both are correct.

In the UK, it is more common for people to say “orientate” whereas in the US, “orient” is more common. Writers in both countries sometimes bemoan the usage of the alternative word. In fact, both words are acceptable according to the dictionaries.

The Oxford English Dictionary and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary list “orient” and “orientate” as verbs meaning the same thing.

Lastly, no offense taken, but I'll pass on your suggestion if you don't mind. Anyway, even if I wanted to comply, unfortunately my dick isn't long enough for me to fuck myself....not that I have tried.  ::)

Dictionary, excellent source. Common usage will soon relegate Webster to an Ebonics handbook.

irregardless

Definition of irregardless in English:
irregardless
Line breaks: ir|re¦gard|less
Pronunciation: /ˌɪrɪˈgɑːdləs    /
ADJECTIVE & ADVERB

the photographer always says, irregardless of how his subjects are feeling, ‘Smile!’
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
Origin

mid 19th century: probably a blend of irrespective and regardless.

conversate

verb (used without object), con·ver·sat·ed, con·ver·sat·ing. Nonstandard except in some dialects.
to have a conversation; converse; talk.
Origin:
1970-75; back formation from conversation

Beside the point, though. If your comment wasn't directed at me, I sincerely apologize. I misunderstood and fired back. I shouldn't have, sorry.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
Dictionary, excellent source. Common usage will soon relegate Webster to an Ebonics handbook.

irregardless

Definition of irregardless in English:
irregardless
Line breaks: ir|re¦gard|less
Pronunciation: /ˌɪrɪˈgɑːdləs    /
ADJECTIVE & ADVERB

the photographer always says, irregardless of how his subjects are feeling, ‘Smile!’
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
Origin

mid 19th century: probably a blend of irrespective and regardless.

conversate

verb (used without object), con·ver·sat·ed, con·ver·sat·ing. Nonstandard except in some dialects.
to have a conversation; converse; talk.
Origin:
1970-75; back formation from conversation

Beside the point, though. If your comment wasn't directed at me, I sincerely apologize. I misunderstood and fired back. I shouldn't have, sorry.

It's all good, even our conversation about words. I enjoy words and the English language. I am not fond of the expression irregardless. Judging from the fact that spell check has underlined it in red, offering the alternative regardless, I am not alone in this. My daughter uses this word frequently. I hesitate to correct her. She is an adult. If she were still a child, I would set her straight. I think I have heard her say conversate too. Maybe these words are the language of the future. I'll stick with Oxford English whenever possible.

Simple Simon

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »
It's all good, even our conversation about words. I enjoy words and the English language. I am not fond of the expression irregardless. Judging from the fact that spell check has underlined it in red, offering the alternative 'regardless', I am not alone in this. My daughter uses this word frequently. I hesitate to correct her. She is an adult. If she were still a child, I would set her straight. I think I have heard her say conversate too. Maybe these words are the language of the future. I'll stick with Oxford English whenever wherever possible.

fixed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2014, 11:24:31 AM »
Since this thread is still active I wanted to once again put my full support behind those Getbiggers that never want to bring kids of their own into this world.  I stand by their choice and warmly thank them for it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
Since this thread is still active I wanted to once again put my full support behind those Getbiggers that never want to bring kids of their own into this world.  I stand by their choice and warmly thank them for it.

I was in the park with all the other parents last weekend watching the children playing on the swings and slides, one of the mothers said "they're lovely aren't they", I smiled and said, "Yes, just lovely"
She said "Which ones yours" , I told her I hadn't decided yet.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
I was in the park with all the other parents last weekend watching the children playing on the swings and slides, one of the mothers said "they're lovely aren't they", I smiled and said, "Yes, just lovely"
She said "Which ones yours" , I told her I hadn't decided yet.

;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
It's all good, even our conversation about words. I enjoy words and the English language. I am not fond of the expression irregardless. Judging from the fact that spell check has underlined it in red, offering the alternative regardless, I am not alone in this. My daughter uses this word frequently. I hesitate to correct her. She is an adult. If she were still a child, I would set her straight. I think I have heard her say conversate too. Maybe these words are the language of the future. I'll stick with Oxford English whenever possible.

It's obviously an imperfect system, but accepting nonstandards so liberally makes dictionaries almost irrelevant. They'll add anything, as long as it's popular somewhere. I found "mutherfocker" and "cucksocker" in a classroom edition. "A contemptible person" for both, by the way.

Like you, I don't make a point of correcting anyone (again, shouldn't have here), but these aren't words, as far as I'm concerned, they're mistakes.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:48 AM »

Cut and tied, my friend. No worries.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
Cut and tied, my friend. No worries.

;)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
Here's my answer why I don't want kids as in this moment

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2014, 04:02:03 PM »

No offence, Prime, but go fuck yourself.

Wiggy just proved there s a racial war and that he prolly is on the other side.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
Kids are a creation of their parents. Shit in equals shit out. If you are a person with a reasonable IQ and EQ and you make a good team with your partner, having a kid is fun and easy.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
Guilty conscious of being called a "bad parent"?

I'm quite young, I'm nowhere near parenthood.

All I meant was that everybody has different value systems, so what you think is proper will not be proper to someone else

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
You can make all kinds of decisions about having kids or not and then nature happens.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Nature does not give one shit about your plans. You will have kids or you will not and your plans are likely shit.

(yes i got a bunch of kids and it is awesome)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »
having a kid is fun and easy.

ROTFL!!!!