Author Topic: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread  (Read 11487 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: The yearly 'do you want kids ' thread
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
"having a kid is fun and easy"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!   ;D

I love Getbig

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:45 PM »
You can make all kinds of decisions about having kids or not and then nature happens.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Nature does not give one shit about your plans. You will have kids or you will not and your plans are likely shit.

(yes i got a bunch of kids and it is awesome)

You cannot blame having children entirely on nature. There are ways to pretty much avoid having children. One can wear a rubber, or more drastically, have a vasectomy. Both my son and son in law have done this because they and their wives decided to limit how many children they had. In my grandfather's day, men practiced withdrawal. Admittedly, that can be risky unless you have a lot of warning and no precum....those might have been the up to nature days.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
"having a kid is fun and easy"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!   ;D

I love Getbig

Having them is easy if you give them away at birth or shortly there after. Seriously, children are at minimum an 18 year commitment and usually a longer one. Some people seem to forget this.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:02 AM »
You cannot blame having children entirely on nature. There are ways to pretty much avoid having children. One can wear a rubber, or more drastically, have a vasectomy. Both my son and son in law have done this because they and their wives decided to limit how many children they had. In my grandfather's day, men practiced withdrawal. Admittedly, that can be risky unless you have a lot of warning and no precum....those might have been the up to nature days.

Androgens + progestins and 9 out of 10 are pretty much infertile.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:31 AM »
Not this year, I don't want more kids. Guess I've been there done that, as they say. Not that there is anything wrong with my kids. The are admirable people, of whom I am very proud. I do enjoy my grandkids though. My oldest granddaughter is getting married in August. Who knows? I might be enjoying great grandchildren in the not too distant future.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
Actually family is a life long commitment but direct financial responsibility sometimes never truly ends for parents

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
Actually family is a life long commitment but direct financial responsibility sometimes never truly ends for parents

You are right. Sometimes that is a choice the parents wrongly make which often has a very negative result for the child. Other times, as in the case of my friend whose adopted son is severely disabled, it is the only conscionable choice a parent can make. Her son is about the same chronological age as my daughter, which is nearly 40 years old, but mentally and emotionally he has the intellect of a preschooler.