Author Topic: One of my beloved Greys is very sick.  (Read 2765 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
One of my beloved Greys is very sick.
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
I have been feeding her with a turkey baster liquid meals as she won`t eat or drink on her own.  We are thinking its an Ehrlichiosis flare up or some other Tick Borne Disease.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: One of my beloved Greys is very sick.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
We started her on Doxycycline yesterday and hope this will solve it.  If not, then the next course of action will not be a good one.  :-\

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »
We started her on Doxycycline yesterday and hope this will solve it.  If not, then the next course of action will not be a good one.  :-\

So sorry to hear this. I hope she's better soon.  Have you had blood tests done? What were/are her symptoms?  Assuming you do something like a Frontline on a monthly basis, why then would a tick be able to bite and infect?  Isn't that the point if it  ???  Being a broad spectrum antibiotic suppressing the immune system and causing potential gastrointestinal problems, are you also giving probiotics or anything else?
:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:34 PM »
So sorry to hear this. I hope she's better soon.  Have you had blood tests done? What were/are her symptoms?  Assuming you do something like a Frontline on a monthly basis, why then would a tick be able to bite and infect?  Isn't that the point if it  ???  Being a broad spectrum antibiotic suppressing the immune system and causing potential gastrointestinal problems, are you also giving probiotics or anything else?
She seemed a bit better tonight.  Was able to walk a bit on her own.  With Tick-Borne Diseases most of the time it happens at the racing kennel when they are young and it usually takes years to manifest.  So if she was bitten at age 2 or 3 it takes around 7 years.  She just turned 10.

I am not giving any probiotic or yogurt with Doxycycline as it diminishes effectiveness with that particular drug. Its rough on the stomach though, but I want the full effect of it to kill whatever is in her gut.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:49:30 AM »
Sorry to read she sick! I'm not familiar with the mentioned deseases, but I hope she will do well.