Author Topic: Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration  (Read 1115 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
The illegals get to stay.  Obama gets to take credit.  And it'll be tough for Repubs to hate on this because most of them are on record saying they support it.   

Or, suddenly Boehnner, in an effort to get the "me too!" in, will jump thru hoops and give obama everything he wants, so that repubs can claim some of the 'credit' for this bill. 

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he's done waiting for House Republicans to act on immigration. He says he now plans to act on his own.

Obama announced his intention Monday to take executive action.

Obama says there are enough Republicans and Democrats in the House to pass an immigration bill today, and says he would sign it.

But Obama says he's waited for more than a year to give House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) space to act. He says Boehner informed him last week that the House won't vote on immigration this year.

Obama says the thousands of unaccompanied children showing up on the border underscore the need to drop the politics and act on immigration.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »
Let's keep fighting Dem Vs. Rep.

It makes so much sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
So unless GOP passes amnesty - despite Obama admn not doing dick about the invasion from Central America - he sits there and declares that GOP is doing nothing so he will declare amnesty himself.

What a guy. 

F him - I hope he ups his chooming and coke abuse

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »
Why would anyone negotiate terms with this douche...yu obviously cannot trust him to keep his end of the bargain.   With as much shit as this little homo has been talking, Boehner has every right to step up and say exactly that. Mr President, I cannot work with you because you have proven that you cannot be trusted.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »
Why would anyone negotiate terms with this douche...yu obviously cannot trust him to keep his end of the bargain.   With as much shit as this little homo has been talking, Boehner has every right to step up and say exactly that. Mr President, I cannot work with you because you have proven that you cannot be trusted.

agreed - BUT the problem is that boehnner and many repubs want to be able to TAKE CREDIT for immigration reform.  They want to meet hispanic voters and say "I worked hard to help pass the legislation that let people that look like you live here even though they broke the law!"

I tell ya... i'm german, irish... and if some politician told me "hey bro, I passed a law which lets people from germany live here even though they are breaking the law", I would be very pissed.  I would rather have more jobs in USA and less illegals killing cops in my town (yes, it happened), than people from a country my ancestors lived 200 years ago getting to stay, despite shitting on our laws.  I'm all for each and every illegal - including germans like me - getting booted.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
BARACK OBAMA: Today I sent a letter to congressional leaders asking that they work with me to address the urgent humanitarian challenge on the border and support the immigration and Border Patrol agents who already apprehend and deport hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants every year.

And understand, by the way, for the most part, this is not a situation where these children are slipping through. They're being apprehended, but the problem is, is that our system is so broken, so unclear, that folks don't know what the rules are.

________________________ ______

LMFAO!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
Don't be to jaded. We're looking at housing these kids out of the country...and moving them as soon as possible. Honduras being the likely spot. Not sure if it will happen but folks at my place having been jumping around trying to see if the folks we own can support.
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »

And understand, by the way, for the most part, this is not a situation where these children are slipping through. They're being apprehended, but the problem is, is that our system is so broken, so unclear, that folks don't know what the rules are.

________________________ ______

LMFAO!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Why you laughing, SC?  When it comes to these kids from Central America, I'm pretty sure he's right. 

As I understand it (saw Brit Hume & O'Reilly arguing about it, lol), the way the law is written now is that when these poor ass kids show up at the border, we HAVE to let them in because it's the law.   

Correct me if I'm wrong here, anybody.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »
So forget about his Constitutional duty to enforce the law.  This guy is dangerous. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:37 AM »
So forget about his Constitutional duty to enforce the law.  This guy is dangerous. 

Which law(s)? 

The president is dangerous?  How and to what degree? 

Any definite thoughts you have in mind?  Or is this just kind of the feeling you get after watching a lot of Fox News?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 05:14:17 AM »
Poll: 59% blame Obama for flood of child border crossings
Investor's Business Daily ^  | 06/30/2014 | John Merline

Posted on ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2014‎ ‎8‎:‎11‎:‎12‎ ‎AM by IBD editorial writer

The public largely blames President Obama for the flood of children who have poured over the border in recent weeks, creating a growing humanitarian crisis, according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll released Monday.

The late June survey found that the public largely blames Obama policies for the crisis in Iraq and believes the lost IRS emails are an administration effort to cover up wrongdoing at the agency.

The poll found that 59% of those closely following the immigration crisis agree that "current administration policies and lack of focus on securing the border" are behind the human tide of illegal crossings. Six in 10 say ...

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 06:49:59 AM »
I haven't watched the news in a few days - Which prominent republicans have come fwd to criticize this move by obama?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »
Which law(s)? 

The president is dangerous?  How and to what degree? 

Any definite thoughts you have in mind?  Or is this just kind of the feeling you get after watching a lot of Fox News?

Are these the kind of dumb questions you ask after watching MSNBC? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
The illegals get to stay.  Obama gets to take credit.  And it'll be tough for Repubs to hate on this because most of them are on record saying they support it.   

Or, suddenly Boehnner, in an effort to get the "me too!" in, will jump thru hoops and give obama everything he wants, so that repubs can claim some of the 'credit' for this bill. 

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he's done waiting for House Republicans to act on immigration. He says he now plans to act on his own.

Obama announced his intention Monday to take executive action.

Obama says there are enough Republicans and Democrats in the House to pass an immigration bill today, and says he would sign it.

But Obama says he's waited for more than a year to give House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) space to act. He says Boehner informed him last week that the House won't vote on immigration this year.

Obama says the thousands of unaccompanied children showing up on the border underscore the need to drop the politics and act on immigration.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

But as soon as everything gets MORE fucked up....he'll of course blame Bush.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Are these the kind of dumb questions you ask after watching MSNBC? 

Why so pissy?  Do you really think these questions are dumb?  Why do you think that?  (BTW, I don't watch MSNBC.)

These questions are the ones that come to mind when I'm wondering whether someone saying "The president is dangerous" knows wtf they are talking about has reason to say so. 

I'm guessing that you're familiar with the old folk tale about Henny Penny, right?