Author Topic: Chael Sonnen - Gone  (Read 7128 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Chael Sonnen - Gone
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
Shitcanned. Even lost his broadcasting gig. Damn.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Sonnen
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »
"Subsequent to his retirement, it was revealed on June 28, 2014 by the NSAC that Sonnen had failed a second random drug test - the third failed drug test throughout his MMA career - due to the presence of human growth hormone (HGH), recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO), anastrozole, and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)."

UFC and FOX Sports terminated him for failed drugs tests. I guess Dana had no use for him.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »
He was good with the commentary, it's a shame.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »
Jason Blaha pinpoints exactly what happened in the case of Chael Sonnen.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »

That's one extremely uninteresting man. A real dullard.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 11:33:04 PM »
dude's a bum.

he talked shit about Brazilians and called himself 'American gangster'... but he's an embarrassment to white American men.

he tried to discredit Wanderlei's wins in Pride saying he was on PED's and whatnot..

well, he's the fuckin pussy testing positive for the very shit he cried about.

not to mention... what a piece of shit he was as a fighter. "WEC Champ".. woopiddy-fucken-do. way to win the belt in the Busch-league against a guy who was fucked up out of his mind on Roofies, buddy.

then what? he gets title fight after title fight in the UFC and TANKS in every fight except the Anderson fight (in which he failed the test), and he couldn't finish the fight (and got finished by Anderson)... hell, he even landed 200 or 300+ strikes on Anderson and couldn't finish him. (btw, in case you didn't know, that's an enormous amount of landed strikes).

so he was a good talker and hyped his fights? so what... I want to see a good fight between good fighters. not some bum talk shit about the other fighter for weeks and when it comes time, gets embarrassed on live PPV.

I should start an online petition for Chael to stop calling himself an "American Man"... dudes an embarrassment.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »

Who listens to this garbage anyways??

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Re: Chael Sonnen - Gone
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »
He was a very good fighter, he stood toe to toe with the best and always went out to fight, not score points or dance around like we see all to often.  He took any fight on short notice.  They all juice except a small few like bj Penn.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:56:33 AM »
Chael was the greatest

Best talker in MMA as well, pity he lost the broadcasting gig.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 01:34:41 AM »
Come on, one of the few who was cool listening too.
His heckling of Silva was awesome.
Frankly, I stopped digging the UFC after the Tank/Kimo/Shamrock era.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:39 AM »
That fucking blows big time. I really like that dude. I hope it will all calm down in a little.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 02:00:44 AM »
Chael was the greatest

Best talker in MMA as well, pity he lost the broadcasting gig.

if he wanted to talk and back up zero % of what he said, he should've been a WWE wrestler instead.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 02:17:23 AM »
He was a very good fighter, he stood toe to toe with the best and always went out to fight, not score points or dance around like we see all to often.  He took any fight on short notice.  They all juice except a small few like bj Penn.

HAHAHAHA and u know this?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 02:28:34 AM »
Was great seeing him humble Anderson Silva in the first fight.

The look on Silvas face when he got tagged was priceless.

One can only wish Chael the best in his next endeavor.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 04:41:32 AM »
He was the most entertaining guy in MMA. It will be boring without him.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »
I think Chael was/is very entertaining and is good for the sport of MMA. There are not enough vocal guys that can add to the overall experience of watching MMA.

Here's another tidbit for those of you who are not too well versed on PED's and their involvement in the sport of MMA. I train every single week (2-3x/week) at Renzo Gracie's academy. We have about 15-20 professional MMA fighters, 65% of them are from the UFC, the rest are from either 1FC, Glory or Bellator. I've spoken to the vast majority of them and I'd say half of them have either used PED's in the not so distant past or are still using them and simply cycling them in such a way that they test negative come sampling time.

Who works out at our academy?? Georges St. Pierre, Chris Weidman, Gian Villante, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Frankie Edgar, Francis Carmont, Rafael Natal, Rousimar Palhares and a bunch of others I do not want to name because they are the main ones using. I speak to most and they do not hide the fact that half the locker room is on the stuff.

This shit is rampant in the sport of MMA. Some guys get popped and others don't.

I say, cut the bullshit and let them all use PED's. What we as fans like to see are super human fighters beating the living shit out of each other and doing things in that ring that no one else has ever ventured to try. Just as we like to see baseball players obliterate balls out of the park, we also like to see fighters perform like Vitor Belfort when he is on the gear. Everyone in professional sports uses steroids, from baseball players, football players, basketball players, soccer players to even members of the Olympic teams. Let's just even out the playing field and let everyone use the stuff at their own discretion and ideally with medical monitoring/surveillance to assure some level of physiological controls (3-6 month blood work) as to not completely shut down their pituitary gland and/or develop any preneoplastic, cardiac, renal or hepatic pathologies.

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
I didn't like it when i was younger (PED in Sports, Martial Arts etc), but now that i am older, i FULLY agree with OneMoreRep!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »
 ;)
Chael will probably wind up at bellator as a commentator / analyst..
Ufc loss..
Dana white is going to have a meltdown when that happens..
Unless he is paying with a no-compete clause / stay at home money $$

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 08:47:20 AM »
I think Chael was/is very entertaining and is good for the sport of MMA. There are not enough vocal guys that can add to the overall experience of watching MMA.

Here's another tidbit for those of you who are not too well versed on PED's and their involvement in the sport of MMA. I train every single week (2-3x/week) at Renzo Gracie's academy. We have about 15-20 professional MMA fighters, 65% of them are from the UFC, the rest are from either 1FC, Glory or Bellator. I've spoken to the vast majority of them and I'd say half of them have either used PED's in the not so distant past or are still using them and simply cycling them in such a way that they test negative come sampling time.

Who works out at our academy?? Georges St. Pierre, Chris Weidman, Gian Villante, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Frankie Edgar, Francis Carmont, Rafael Natal, Rousimar Palhares and a bunch of others I do not want to name because they are the main ones using. I speak to most and they do not hide the fact that half the locker room is on the stuff.

This shit is rampant in the sport of MMA. Some guys get popped and others don't.

I say, cut the bullshit and let them all use PED's. What we as fans like to see are super human fighters beating the living shit out of each other and doing things in that ring that no one else has ever ventured to try. Just as we like to see baseball players obliterate balls out of the park, we also like to see fighters perform like Vitor Belfort when he is on the gear. Everyone in professional sports uses steroids, from baseball players, football players, basketball players, soccer players to even members of the Olympic teams. Let's just even out the playing field and let everyone use the stuff at their own discretion and ideally with medical monitoring/surveillance to assure some level of physiological controls (3-6 month blood work) as to not completely shut down their pituitary gland and/or develop any preneoplastic, cardiac, renal or hepatic pathologies.

"1"

I disagree with you. I think it's rationalization when you say all sports are using steroids to justify your use. I'm saying the majority in sport don't and it's cheating when everyone isn't on them. Kids look up to athletes. The last thing I want is high school kids and college kids shooting a syringe in their ass to play a game.

Right now law suits are flying over heart attacks and strokes regarding hormone replacement with what amounts to ridiculously low doses. What are we encouraging here?

It's a risk to health. It's like the rationalization argument that your uncle Fred smoked for 65 years and he's still kicking. Is smoking a risk to health? It sure is.

Where are you training with Renzo? Back in the day he was mainly in NY but he  came into the Red Bank, NJ school from time to time to teach with Craig Kukuk.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
I disagree with you. I think it's rationalization when you say all sports are using steroids to justify your use.

Just about every professional MMA fighter I speak to at Renzo's academy says that more than half of the guys are on PEDs. Alexander Rodriguez, Sosa, Mcgwire, Dwain Chambers, Marion Jones and the rest of the guys that have gotten caught have made mention of the fact that they are not alone. Lance Armstrong was caught and retired. During the BALCO Scandal in 2003, it was also revealed that are large contingent of NFL players were using PEDs. Victor Conte revealed that over 60% of Olympic athletes were all doping. So, lets see, we have MMA, Baseball, Football, racing cyclists and even Olympic competitors that have all been involved in the use of PEDs. I don't think that is a rationalization, it is simply the truth.

I'm saying the majority in sport don't and it's cheating when everyone isn't on them.

That's what you are saying, but clearly Belfort, Sonnen, Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, Mcgwire, Canseco, Victor Conte and former NFL coaches (see Jim Haslett as an example) can't be wrong in stating what they have.

You are correct in that it can be considered cheating when everyone isn't on them. This is why I support allowing widespread use of them, assuming they are at the very least medically monitored to insure optimum safety.

Kids look up to athletes. The last thing I want is high school kids and college kids shooting a syringe in their ass to play a game.

It's not the athletes fault that kids look up to them. Athletes should not be role models. They are businessmen performing for money and simply that. Kids shouldn't look up to guys that win the genetic lottery and end up getting a large contract to play a sport that they have a natural, genetic tendency to excel at. The vast majority of kids will never make it to being a professional athlete. Parents are there to hopefully serve as role models. Professional athletes today are drug addicts, criminals, rapists and just about everything under the sun except for role models.

Regarding the last thing you want is for kids to shoot themselves up the ass with a syringe. It's happening and it's happening every single day. This is not only at the college level, but also at the high school level. I'm about 50 years old now and it was happening when I was playing high school and college football.

Right now law suits are flying over heart attacks and strokes regarding hormone replacement with what amounts to ridiculously low doses. What are we encouraging here?

My philosophy is simple. Allow for widespread use of hormone replacement therapy. This approach would allow for athletes to use hormonal enhancements while under the supervision of an endocrinologist that can properly monitor their free/total testosterone, estrogen + CBC, CMP, Lipid Panel, TSH/T4, HA1C, ESR, CRP, & UA. If it makes you feel any happier, said athletes (since they can afford it) can also have a cardiologist run yearly EKGs, Stress tests, Echos and Cardiac CT's to be certain that cardiac abnormalities are not present.

It's a risk to health. It's like the rationalization argument that your uncle Fred smoked for 65 years and he's still kicking. Is smoking a risk to health? It sure is.

If you actively monitor your health, HRT is relatively safe. Millions of Americans are safely being treated by their Endocrinologists nationwide, as well as worldwide.

Where are you training with Renzo? Back in the day he was mainly in NY but he  came into the Red Bank, NJ school from time to time to teach with Craig Kukuk.

Renzo is still teaching/training 95% of the time at his academy (224 West 30th Street). He recently had Chris Weidman come by every Monday to do Muay Thai training and Wednesdays to do Danaher's mid-afternoon no-gi class.

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:50 AM »
He'll be a movie star. He would make a great bad guy. Mark my words. He's already worth $10mil. He can live without Mma financially.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
HAHAHAHA and u know this?

And now you look like a tool.....

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »
Mike Tyson backed out of a street fight with Chael when called out

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »

"1"
Amen OMR, professional or high level amateur athletes will always do what it takes to be the best. Makes no difference whether there is testing or not. It's one of the reasons they get to where they are.