Author Topic: Chael Sonnen - Gone  (Read 7118 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Chael Sonnen - Gone
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »
He was a very good fighter, he stood toe to toe with the best and always went out to fight, not score points or dance around like we see all to often.  He took any fight on short notice.  They all juice except a small few like bj Penn.

Didn't Penn at one time say working out with weights is dumb for fighters and then he started himself working out with weights?

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
Didn't Penn at one time say working out with weights is dumb for fighters and then he started himself working out with weights?
Yup but as one more rep says mma fighters talk openly about usuage in the gym because they are all on it but it's well known bj Penn is against it, not because of moral reasons he just doesn't think it will make a fighter better.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
LOL @ all the virgins who think that the elite in ANY sport don't take some sort of hormone/PED.

The good ones just don't get caught. (It's not cheating until you get caught)

Chael was very outspoken and the shot callers (who ever they may be) shitcanned him because he outlived his usefulness.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »

Penn says a lot of dumb stuff. Like the time he fought gsp he claimed he would die in the ring and would never quit. He quit by the end of the 3rd or 4th round.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
And now you look like a tool.....

::) again, how do YOU know for sure??

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
Yup but as one more rep says mma fighters talk openly about usuage in the gym because they are all on it but it's well known bj Penn is against it, not because of moral reasons he just doesn't think it will make a fighter better.

Yes but why would Penn start lifting weights like he did if he didn't think strength would make him better? And if he lifted weights for strength, then certainly PED's would be the next logical step...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
LOL @ all the virgins who think that the elite in ANY sport don't take some sort of hormone/PED.

Chael was very outspoken and the shot callers (who ever they may be) shitcanned him because he outlived his usefulness.

Exactly! Just bc bj penn says he doesn't take PED's u guys take his word for it hahaha

Well, mike o Hearn is all natural bc he says so, all muscle mania competitors say they are natural , so they must be... Freakin gullible people

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
Interestingly one of GSP's reason for staying out of the ufc was his insistence for tougher testing. He's been accused on numerous occassions for juicing himself. He insisted on paying for himself and Hendricks to undergo strict testing but Hendricks backed out. He's gone on record stating that UFC needs to institute stricter testing protocols. He's also a VADA sponsored athlete so maybe this plays put in his favor.

re chael- he 'll most likely be back in the UFC by next year. He's one of Dana's golden boys so he just needs to sit out the storm. When he got caught first he had ratio of 16:1 the highest ever detected until brian bowles got caught with 20:1. If the UFC wanted to make an example he should have been fired a long time. He'll be back as an announcer or media personality for the UFC. I doubt he'd go anywhere else because he wont want to burn his bridges with dana unless its with dana's approval. Franklin got dana's blessings before moving on to onefc. Tuesday night on FOX Sports 1, White spoke on the matter, saying it wasn't easy to cut someone he considers a friend.

"You know, its never easy making decisions like this," White said. "You know, Chael is a person I personally care about, I know a lot of people at FOX care about him too. The guy had four banned substances in his system. Four banned substances in his system leading up to a fight here in Las Vegas."

Ped - as nearly everyone on this thread mentions its an ongoing saga. Everyone uses some variant. It will be interesting to see the waves the new more sensitive testing will cause within the mma ranks. Apparently bellator doesnt test much if at all.

I presume chael is still fighting at metamoris

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »
Yes but why would Penn start lifting weights like he did if he didn't think strength would make him better? And if he lifted weights for strength, then certainly PED's would be the next logical step...

Technically he should have looked into an enhancer that jacks up his endurance. That was always his weak point.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:58 PM »

It's actually cheating beforehand, but mindless cliches are always welcome.

Beside the point, though.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
Exactly! Just bc bj penn says he doesn't take PED's u guys take his word for it hahaha

Well, mike o Hearn is all natural bc he says so, all muscle mania competitors say they are natural , so they must be... Freakin gullible people

If Bj Penn says gravity suits work, then they work!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Sonnen
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
Who listens to this garbage anyways??

I subscribe to him for the sole reason of crowbarring his name into getbig threads.  8)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »
I think Chael was/is very entertaining and is good for the sport of MMA. There are not enough vocal guys that can add to the overall experience of watching MMA.

Here's another tidbit for those of you who are not too well versed on PED's and their involvement in the sport of MMA. I train every single week (2-3x/week) at Renzo Gracie's academy. We have about 15-20 professional MMA fighters, 65% of them are from the UFC, the rest are from either 1FC, Glory or Bellator. I've spoken to the vast majority of them and I'd say half of them have either used PED's in the not so distant past or are still using them and simply cycling them in such a way that they test negative come sampling time.

Who works out at our academy?? Georges St. Pierre, Chris Weidman, Gian Villante, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Frankie Edgar, Francis Carmont, Rafael Natal, Rousimar Palhares and a bunch of others I do not want to name because they are the main ones using. I speak to most and they do not hide the fact that half the locker room is on the stuff.

This shit is rampant in the sport of MMA. Some guys get popped and others don't.

I say, cut the bullshit and let them all use PED's. What we as fans like to see are super human fighters beating the living shit out of each other and doing things in that ring that no one else has ever ventured to try. Just as we like to see baseball players obliterate balls out of the park, we also like to see fighters perform like Vitor Belfort when he is on the gear. Everyone in professional sports uses steroids, from baseball players, football players, basketball players, soccer players to even members of the Olympic teams. Let's just even out the playing field and let everyone use the stuff at their own discretion and ideally with medical monitoring/surveillance to assure some level of physiological controls (3-6 month blood work) as to not completely shut down their pituitary gland and/or develop any preneoplastic, cardiac, renal or hepatic pathologies.

"1"

100% spot on. There is nothing remotely "healthy" about professional sports. It's a gladiator thing. Professional athletes ultimately destroy their bodies over time for a paycheck and your entertainment pleasure. Ever hang with an ex-pro football player who didn't have major physical issues? And for a boxer or other kind of fighter, it's inevitable.  PED's do have a place. I think it's equally about performance enhancing and physical recovery though. Damage has to be repaired somehow. Obviously, all of this should be done with real doctors and medical professionals supervising - not some "guru" or friend of a friend who has little if any real understanding of the effects drugs have on the body. By making PED's illegal, you end up with a mess.

I am friends with one of Lance Armstrong's former teammates. He did the Tour de France multiple times, and told me of the wear and tear racing 100+ miles a day for 3 weeks has on you. When he eventually decided to take  EPO and transfusions, he said it was like the previous days efforts never happened. Recovery was miraculous. And then he raced through the Alps for another 6+ hours, day in and day out. The Tour de France is a pure  entertainment spectacle, with big money, TV and contracts. It absolutely has nothing to do with clean living.

This role model stuff is best reserved for parents or family members. And even then, these things can be hit or miss. When I was a kid, one of our "role models" was a Catholic priest my parents respected deeply.  But later,  we  found out what he really was all about.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »
Fair point, OMR, but the baseball thing bums me out. To crush the old records (Maris, Aaron, etc.), when you're obviously juiced up, sucks for historians. As much as I loved the McGwire/Sosa battle at the time, it sucks in hindsight. The Cobbs,, Ruths, Williiamses, Mantles, and Mayses, those fuckers were legit. Shouldn't have to share the Hall with juicers.

At least bodybuilding doesn't have to deal with this shit; no one ever gets popped here. IFBB keeps its "athletes" clean.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
I would guess that Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson are both natural.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
U really are naive, must be a 20 yr old pimple faced dork that still buys muscle tech products thinking he can turn into Phil Heath
That right I registered on get big when I was 10years old.  I used to train with a lot of mma fighters when I was younger, I knew very few clean ones.  People usually start mma cause they were insecure just pike bodybuilders, pair that with the competitiveness and peds go hand in hand.
Even 180ib Royce Gracie tested postive, Ken shamrock, Randy couture (trt), big foot, endless more if you even knew your ass from your elbow you'd know this and exactly how.it's done to pass the tests.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
That right I registered on get big when I was 10years old.  I used to train with a lot of mma fighters when I was younger, I knew very few clean ones.  People usually start mma cause they were insecure just pike bodybuilders, pair that with the competitiveness and peds go hand in hand.
Even 180ib Royce Gracie tested postive, Ken shamrock, Randy couture (trt), big foot, endless more if you even knew your ass from your elbow you'd know this and exactly how.it's done to pass the tests.

Doesn't matter who u know, the question remains and I'm asking u , do YOU know for sure Bj Penn is clean???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
I disagree with you. I think it's rationalization when you say all sports are using steroids to justify your use. I'm saying the majority in sport don't and it's cheating when everyone isn't on them. Kids look up to athletes. The last thing I want is high school kids and college kids shooting a syringe in their ass to play a game.

Right now law suits are flying over heart attacks and strokes regarding hormone replacement with what amounts to ridiculously low doses. What are we encouraging here?

It's a risk to health. It's like the rationalization argument that your uncle Fred smoked for 65 years and he's still kicking. Is smoking a risk to health? It sure is.

Where are you training with Renzo? Back in the day he was mainly in NY but he  came into the Red Bank, NJ school from time to time to teach with Craig Kukuk.
High school kids are already shooting up steroids and taking orals. Hell, high school kids are using heroin.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
I don't have a problem with chael using ped's.

what I have a problem with is that he ran his mouth about Wanderlei being a steroid user in Pride.

I think chael's a bitch.

i.e. somebody who runs his mouth and tries to make up for his lack of ability by talking. when it comes time to put up or shut up, he fails, consistently.

I'm all for using PED's in every sport.

some people's (lame) argument is that "well, if you NEED trt, maybe your body can't take it and you need to retire"...

well... the same can (and should) be said for guys needing their ACL's or rotator cuffs repaired... or hands repaired.

get rid of TRT, you should get rid of ALL surgically repaired athletes.

nobody wants to see skinny (or fat) and slow guys fight... the same way nobody wants to watch 135lb guys fight.

we want to see big, strong, fast, and aggressive 220lb men try to knock each other out or rip their arms out of the socket for 15mins.

the same way we want to watch big, strong, and fast football players running and hitting as hard as they can for 60mins.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
dude's a bum.

he talked shit about Brazilians and called himself 'American gangster'... but he's an embarrassment to white American men.

he tried to discredit Wanderlei's wins in Pride saying he was on PED's and whatnot..

well, he's the fuckin pussy testing positive for the very shit he cried about.

not to mention... what a piece of shit he was as a fighter. "WEC Champ".. woopiddy-fucken-do. way to win the belt in the Busch-league against a guy who was fucked up out of his mind on Roofies, buddy.

then what? he gets title fight after title fight in the UFC and TANKS in every fight except the Anderson fight (in which he failed the test), and he couldn't finish the fight (and got finished by Anderson)... hell, he even landed 200 or 300+ strikes on Anderson and couldn't finish him. (btw, in case you didn't know, that's an enormous amount of landed strikes).

so he was a good talker and hyped his fights? so what... I want to see a good fight between good fighters. not some bum talk shit about the other fighter for weeks and when it comes time, gets embarrassed on live PPV.

I should start an online petition for Chael to stop calling himself an "American Man"... dudes an embarrassment.

you lose some cash in the clink on his rematch, or what ???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
you lose some cash in the clink on his rematch, or what ???

Definitely anti-Chael. Dude insulted an entire Third World country, how cool is that?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »
Sonnen would be a great fit in the WWE...hell, half his interviews are riffs on old wrestling promos.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
High school kids are already shooting up steroids and taking orals. Hell, high school kids are using heroin.

High School kids were shooting up steroids and taking orals in the early 80s also...Guys at my gym talk about how when they were in high school, this guy and that guy were using...And these guys are pretty old so their high school days were early 80s...

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:06 PM »
sonnen is a pure wordsmith

fighting need guys who can rock a mic

either articulate like sonnen

or bad ass like diaz

he will be back when the shit storm dies down

i agree with omr just let the guys juice up

they will try and get in the lightest weight class they can

so its not like they will all end up coming in at 5 ft 4 200 pounds plus
T

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2014, 02:27:54 AM »
being good on the mic is one thing, but he's not an exciting fighter to watch.

since his lose to Anderson he's 3 and 3... with a submission over Brian Stann (woopiddy-do.. there's a top 10 fighter, right?), a decision over Bisping (in which even he said he thought he lost... besides, it's Bisping... woopiddy do, again), and a choke over Shogun (another with a benzo/sedative problem, who hasn't been the same fighter since Pride, much less multiple knee injuries).

then he actually makes it to the 2nd round (barely) in the rematch with Anderson, followed by 2 first round ko's.

how does this guy deserve all the title shots he gets?

his other ufc win was over trevor prangley back around '06.. with losses to sobral and horn. (both of whom submitted Chael.. the supposedly great wrestler)... he couldn't finnish dan miller, okami, or marquart and won via decision. (against at least 2 of whom were also PED users)

chael is the skinny Brock Lesnar, except Brock's fights are actually exciting.