Author Topic: Can you explain this phenomenon about eggs?  (Read 4358 times)

AmonRa

Can you explain this phenomenon about eggs?
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:24 AM »
When my cat was young she loved eating boiled eggs BUT only egg whites.

When my cat got old she only eats the yolk without the egg white.

Can u explain this phenomenon?

This isn't my cat but mine is similar.

Simple Simon

Re: Can you explain this phenomenon about eggs?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:40:28 AM »
ITs a phenomenon about cats, not eggs.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
The great Falcon has the insight and the outsight that will help you solve this mystery.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:33 AM »
when I was a kid, I started feeding my cat raw eggs in a little bowl. she'd eat'em right up.. that lasted about 2yrs until she had a blood clot and a stroke and died... granted, the cat was 22yrs old, but still... I can't help but thing the eggs weren't a good idea.  :-\

no more eggs for my cat, well, kitten, now. just beef & cheddar fancy feast and milk.  ;)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:07:08 AM »
when I was a kid, I started feeding my cat raw eggs in a little bowl. she'd eat'em right up.. that lasted about 2yrs until she had a blood clot and a stroke and died... granted, the cat was 22yrs old, but still... I can't help but thing the eggs weren't a good idea.  :-\

no more eggs for my cat, well, kitten, now. just beef & cheddar fancy feast and milk.  ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:08:56 AM »
 ;D

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »
When my cat was young she loved eating boiled eggs BUT only egg whites.

When my cat got old she only eats the yolk without the egg white.

Can u explain this phenomenon?

This isn't my cat but mine is similar.

What else changed in her diet? More and more kibble is made with less fat now, maybe she feels the need for more fat.

Milk?
Please don't give milk to your cat. When they're adult, they're lactose intolerant. Giving normal milk results in diarrhea. Milk for cats, as you find in pet stores, have reduced lactose, but contain added sugar. Cats can't cope with all that added sugar (also found in kibble and canned food).

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 02:42:33 AM »

Isn't that a very expensive diet for a house cat?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 02:48:16 AM »
Isn't that a very expensive diet for a house cat?

so? lol

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
so? lol

Haha so nothing.. I was thinking maybe you had cheap egg prices or grew up on a farm or something

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 04:13:09 AM »
I hope the trainer makes some kind of insightfull reply.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 04:14:22 AM »
Haha so nothing.. I was thinking maybe you had cheap egg prices or grew up on a farm or something

LMAO. Shit guys, some legit laughs at this thread.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:52 AM »
Maybe when your cat was younger it believed that eating the yolk would give it high cholesterol. But now, after reading Getbig for a few years, it realizes that cholesterol levels, just like liver failure, kidney failure, heart attacks, are all genetic.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:16 AM »
when I was a kid, I started feeding my cat raw eggs in a little bowl. she'd eat'em right up.. that lasted about 2yrs until she had a blood clot and a stroke and died... granted, the cat was 22yrs old, but still... I can't help but thing the eggs weren't a good idea.  :-\

no more eggs for my cat, well, kitten, now. just beef & cheddar fancy feast and milk.  ;)

Cow's milk isn't a good idea for kittens.  Nutritionally, it is not necessary to give a cat milk. If they are fed a balanced diet, they'll receive all the nutrients they require via their food. Also, milk contains calories that your cat is already receiving via food. Obesity & lactose intolerance can have serious health implications. There are "cat milks" available for kittens.  Also, you may want to look into a better balanced diet than Fancy Feast.  Cats have no use for carbs or other artificial ingredients.
Ingredient List*
Fancy Feast Cat Food Ingredient List

Fish broth, tuna, fish, chicken, liver, wheat gluten, meat by-products, soy flour, soy protein concentrate, artificial and natural flavors, potassium chloride, added color  :-X, xanthan gum, salt, calcium phosphate, carrageenan, taurine, choline chloride, thiamine mononitrate, zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, niacin, sodium nitrite (to promote color retention), copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, potassium iodide.
:

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »
The most anabolic eggs are from hens who are not locked in cages and are free to roam around and get no  vaccines or antibiotics and they eat organic feed, so the next time you are buying eggs make sure to ask for organic free range eggs so you can build muscle.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
Is the cat trying to tell you that a calorie may not be a calorie?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 01:37:13 PM »
animals systems r so much better than humans when it comes to cholesterol and lipids, i guess millions of yrs of eating a certain way helped them out in that area
R

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
I just feed the cats that go to my parents' house scraps from chicken or whatever was being cooked. If they don't get food they hunt.

Spoiled fat cat that comes to my house eats chicken and dried cat food, fuck all else.

When I went to Brazil the last time gf's family would just scrape any remaining rice, meat etc into a bowl and cat and kittens took it gladly. We spoil pets so much here.

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
My cats eat cat food and still kill mice, if I catch them with a mouse I restrict their cat food intake proportionally.

Moderation is the key to a lithe physique.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
mines still a kitten, so i'll feed him fancy feat patte's and whatnot.. in a few weeks or so i'll feed him cans of tuna.. maybe the pouches of tuna instead, or salmon. I remember trying the pouch salmon once, and reminded me of cat food. lol

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »
My cats eat cat food and still kill mice, if I catch them with a mouse I restrict their cat food intake proportionally.

Moderation is the key to a lithe physique.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
and I use a string toy with a stick to get him to do jump-squats in sets of 15 3x a day, as well as sprints when playing hide & seek.   ;)

... wish 'bolex didn't lose all their old posts, I'd link the thread from '02 when I was going to buy an Armur Tiger cub for $400 and give it estrogen to fuse the growth plates and growth-inhibiting drugs to keep it the size of a dog.... holy hell the hate mail I got from that idea was endless. lol

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »
and I use a string toy with a stick to get him to do jump-squats in sets of 15 3x a day, as well as sprints when playing hide & seek.   ;)

... wish 'bolex didn't lose all their old posts, I'd link the thread from '02 when I was going to buy an Armur Tiger cub for $400 and give it estrogen to fuse the growth plates and growth-inhibiting drugs to keep it the size of a dog.... holy hell the hate mail I got from that idea was endless. lol

Winstrol V is good for kittens

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »
Winstrol V is good for kittens

nah, mine's staying natural. he's already feisty enough, especially at 7am when I still have 2-3hrs of sleep to go and he's pouncing on my head.