Author Topic: +  (Read 9240 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

- Matthew 25:40

Thank you for lettings is know have absolutely no idea what this passage is about

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I pay them every quarter.

What's Mitt Romney's (who I acknowledge as a true baller) effective tax rate?

Apparently higher than President Obama's effective tax rate.  Why do you ask?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If that's true, than Obama is even smarter than I give him credit for because from what I remember Romney's was pretty low. They're both smart guys though. They know how to protect their wealth.

Obama might be smart, but he's a lousy leader and a lousy president. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
What kind of Christians would question God's Will?

He chose Obama.  Deal with it.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
I pay them every quarter.

What's Mitt Romney's (who I acknowledge as a true baller) effective tax rate?

I don't claim to know the details of Romney's financials - other than an apparent $250 million net worth and an approx $15 mil annual income. He apparently earns 6% on his money if this is a typical year.

What many do is invest at least some money in tax free muni bonds. Muni bonds are not without risk however.

You can also invest some money in variable life insurance products that pay tax-free appreciation - the "Rich Man's Roth IRA".  ;D

Insurance products usually charge higher than average fees and often have less-than-stellar investment choices inside them though, so its a tradeoff. You also need to keep in mind that insurance products are basically as good as the company issuing them.

Of course people used to love hiding money overseas. Much harder to do now and get away with it. And you'd better know damn well who the hell you're giving your money to. Lots of scammers out there.

Of course if you can get high enough interest on high-yielding corporate and emerging markets bonds, the after-tax yield on these may make them a better investment than lower paying tax-free munis. These bonds often trade at steep discounts in the secondary market, and buying a diversified portfolio of say 100 different issues of such bonds can be great not only for income, but also for appreciation - those that don't default will tend to pay you a big markup overall from the issuers as the bonds mature. When rates are high or when economies are just turning around, those bonds that don't default tend to pay you enough back in interest and appreciation to far more than make up for the bonds that do default. High yield bonds statistically don't have a much higher chance of default overall than investment grade bonds do, believe it or not. And many of them can be bought for 50% or even 20-30% of par value at times.
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Thank you for repeatedly trampling on the Separation of Powers, which will probably set precedent for our next president to make additional power grabs. 

He set no precedent. Are you referring to the execeutive orders? the type bush used almost twice as much?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
He set no precedent. Are you referring to the execeutive orders? the type bush used almost twice as much?

lol...gotta luv how the Canadian retard rushes to Obama's defense every time.  Is he giving it to you good?

I'm certain by now that you want to be an American so bad it's causing your vag to itch something fierce.

Why did we turn you away?  Because you're dumb?

BTW, quantity is not the issue with the Executive Orders, lol idiot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Again with the moral equivalency?  Is that all you got? 

And no, I wasn't just talking about executive orders. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

lol...gotta luv how the Canadian retard rushes to Obama's defense every time.  Is he giving it to you good?

I'm certain by now that you want to be an American so bad it's causing your vag to itch something fierce.

Why did we turn you away?  Because you're dumb?

BTW, quantity is not the issue with the Executive Orders, lol idiot.

Exactly.