Author Topic: Watching the latest Batman (rises)  (Read 5982 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Watching the latest Batman (rises)
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
It's pretty good so far. But Bane is not a favorite Batman villain for me.. I just thinks he looks like a Mortal Kombat character.

But to the question... WHY does Batman has to talk with that silly hoarse voice? Keaton never did it so over-the-top. At times I feel a little embarrassed cause it is too much.

I heard the argument that he is supposed to mask his Wayne voice so not to get caught, but I had to stop the film and write this post when I heard him tell a one liner joke - in that voice - all by himself (when Catwoman disappears when he looks away).

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Watching the latest Batman (rises)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
It's pretty good so far. But Bane is not a favorite Batman villain for me.. I just thinks he looks like a Mortal Kombat character.

But to the question... WHY does Batman has to talk with that silly hoarse voice? Keaton never did it so over-the-top. At times I feel a little embarrassed cause it is too much.

I heard the argument that he is supposed to mask his Wayne voice so not to get caught, but I had to stop the film and write this post when I heard him tell a one liner joke - in that voice - all by himself (when Catwoman disappears when he looks away).

2:30 This isn't a CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,

6:50 Good choice of Music

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »

You are aware it isn't real aren't you?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

you answer Lies in Terminator Salvation movie , John Conner also uses that same voice as well

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
2:30 This isn't a CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,

6:50 Good choice of Music

lol at boths clips

how suiting that it was the Mortal Kombat the movie-theme on the first one

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »

you answer Lies in Terminator Salvation movie , John Conner also uses that voice  

Telling me it's coming from Christian Bale's imagination of how Batman sounds like?  :-\

You are aware it isn't real aren't you?

A voice that forced should have a decent explanation other than Batman just wants to sound 'cool'.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »
Ernst-Örjan Bane VS Per-Ingvar Batman

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
All those Nolan Batman movies are pure shit. 

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »

stop your trolling.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 04:28:48 PM »

The homosexuals who run Hollywood can be quite "over the top" when they make these types of films...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
stop your trolling.
They are.  I tried to watch the first one once and had to shut it off as it was that bad. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »
I agree with TA.  They weren't bad as far as super hero movies go but I never got why they received such overwhelming praise.  Maybe you have to be a bigger Batman fan than I am to get it.  I thought the first was entertaining but nothing special and had boring villains.  Second one was more of the same but with a great villian.  Third one sucked, was a total cash-in "let's make another Batman even though we already blew our load with Joker in the last one."

I mean the second one is rated as the 4th-best movie of all-time on IMDB, just below the Godfathers and Shawshank and above Schindler's List, Casablanca, and Empire Strikes Back.  Come on now.

Heath Ledger was great as the Joker though.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »

Bane's voice is far more ridiculous.
A

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »
I agree with TA.  They weren't bad as far as super hero movies go but I never got why they received such overwhelming praise.  Maybe you have to be a bigger Batman fan than I am to get it.  I thought the first was entertaining but nothing special and had boring villains.  Second one was more of the same but with a great villian.  Third one sucked, was a total cash-in "let's make another Batman even though we already blew our load with Joker in the last one."

I mean the second one is rated as the 4th-best movie of all-time on IMDB, just below the Godfathers and Shawshank and above Schindler's List, Casablanca, and Empire Strikes Back.  Come on now.

Heath Ledger was great as the Joker though.

I have been fascinated with Batman since I was a child.

2,1,3 in order of film quality.

The second film was amazing, and deserves it spot in the top 10.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »

Just a ridiculous Adonis post. Batman Begins and Dark Knight are fantastic.

That being said, if you are a fan of the character, I might be persuaded that you know what you are talking about, otherwise shut the fuck up.  ;)

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
I never watched the end, went to bed during the scene were catwoman and batman are fighting a gang of henchmen.

I don't really buy Anne Hatheway as Selina Kyle either.. She took on way to many grown men with her bare hands.

Instead, I fell asleep in blissful thoughts of Michelle Pfieffers beauty

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »

But to the question... WHY does Batman has to talk with that silly hoarse voice?
Keaton never did it so over-the-top. At times I feel a little embarrassed cause it is too much.

He's channeling Dirty Harry, and it's so very wrong.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »
so next he will star in dirty harry remake?
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »
Telling me it's coming from Christian Bale's imagination of how Batman sounds like?  :-\

A voice that forced should have a decent explanation other than Batman just wants to sound 'cool'.
OK, when he did the voice to deliver his one liner after catwoman walked away he did the voice so catwoman wouldnt hear his real voice, its catwoman, she can hear a whisper at 100 yards.

feel better now?

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:09 AM »
OK, when he did the voice to deliver his one liner after catwoman walked away he did the voice so catwoman wouldnt hear his real voice, its catwoman, she can hear a whisper at 100 yards.

feel better now?

Yes thanks

You're obviously a huge fan of Nolan and I apologize if you feel offended that I didn't think it was the shit

:D

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 02:05:53 AM »
Burton and keaton captured the look and feel of batman, even the score is instantly recognisable. Keaton acted the shit out of the rest with his expression and mannerisms alone.
I wonder what burton could have done with todays effects and a bigger budget as that's where his films fall short, the sets at times looked fake and they were a bit light in action, especially the first.
Nolans films don't have a batman feel, just action films with the main character in a rubber suit and a silly voice.
Ironically the best stuff from nolans films are of bruce wayne training to become batman.
A couple of years ago they wanted to adapt the dark knight returns with keaton reinstated and burton back on board, what a missed opportunity.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 03:10:58 AM »
Burton and keaton captured the look and feel of batman, even the score is instantly recognisable. Keaton acted the shit out of the rest with his expression and mannerisms alone.
I wonder what burton could have done with todays effects and a bigger budget as that's where his films fall short, the sets at times looked fake and they were a bit light in action, especially the first.
Nolans films don't have a batman feel, just action films with the main character in a rubber suit and a silly voice.
Ironically the best stuff from nolans films are of bruce wayne training to become batman.
A couple of years ago they wanted to adapt the dark knight returns with keaton reinstated and burton back on board, what a missed opportunity.

Agreed on all points, except that Batman had to little action. Both Burton movies were light on tough violence and went much deeper into characters and dialogue instead.

I think Burton's Batman is darker than Nolan's on a character level. Nolan's just has a darker voice.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 06:31:15 AM »
Yea returns had more action than the first but not enough overall, batman.89 looked great visually but was at times boring from lack of action. My only other gripe is the 60's kind of appearance everyone dressed in. 80's would have been fine

Agreed on all points, except that Batman had to little action. Both Burton movies were light on tough violence and went much deeper into characters and dialogue instead.

I think Burton's Batman is darker than Nolan's on a character level. Nolan's just has a darker voice.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 06:44:20 AM »
Christian Bale is a very good actor. His portrayal of roles is very impressive.

I also think Tom Hardy is extremely talented (Anyone ever see Warrior?).

Even with these guys in the mix, the one actor that moved me the most in these recent Batman movies was none other than the immortal Liam Neeson. Every scene this man was in was thought provoking and compelling. It's some of the supporting cast that does the best work in these movies.

...and who can forget masterful performance of Heath Ledger?

"1"