Author Topic: Why were there no negroes, hispanics or asians in the Beverly Hills90210 series?  (Read 10525 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
do you think this was accurate for the times the show was set in?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
do you know how annoying white preppies are?  i mean, do you?  even with the same bankroll and certificates on the wall, minorities stay clear off them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
All the best shows are negull free.
P

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Aaron spelling didnt want his goofy ugly daughter tori sucking nugga cock off set

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Hmmm.. Seinfeld, big bang theory, 2 and a half men, How I met your mother

Certainly true for comedy shows.

Right know I can only think of Fresh Prince from the nineties being good, but I was a kid submerged in hiphop culture back then..

If you say Scrubs you are outed, that is a fags show. Only acceptable to watch with a girl or by accident.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
do you think this was accurate for the times the show was set in?

When I was growing up and lived in Beverly Hills with my parents, I don't remember seeing any blacks, Latinos or Asians aside for those that worked in the service industry as domestic help. It was fashionable and common to have an "Oriental" gardener and a Negro maid. I am not sure were Mexican's fit in....I suspect they mostly still lived in Mexico. This was in the 1950's.

Beverly Hills 90210 aired from 1990 to 2000. Although Beverly Hills High was a public school, one had to live in the district to attend there. Surely, there were blacks, Latinos and Asians in Beverly Hills during this period. Some of them probably even worked in the industry. Seems the television show was a dishonest depiction of Beverly Hills High during those years. Are you sure there were no black, Asian or Latino extras in the show?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!

Right know I can only think of Fresh Prince from the nineties being good, but I was a kid submerged in hiphop culture back then..

If you say Scrubs you are outed, that is a fags show. Only acceptable to watch with a girl or by accident.

Friends
P

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Aaron spelling didnt want his goofy ugly daughter tori sucking nugga cock off set

with the money he left her, i'm surprise she isn't selling herself in Compton aka your neck of the woods. 

Papper

• Getbig V
Friends

I had that show top of mind, it's a great example but I personally never liked it

I like all the shows I mentioned

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Not just shows.

Movies, Tv-Shows, Communities, Counties, Cities.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
do you know how annoying white preppies are?  i mean, do you?  even with the same bankroll and certificates on the wall, minorities stay clear off them.

Minorities fine those preppies when they want to commit a robbery. 
A

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III

Papper

• Getbig V
Not just shows.

Movies, Tv-Shows, Communities, Counties, Cities.

:D !

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
When I was growing up and lived in Beverly Hills with my parents, I don't remember seeing any blacks, Latinos or Asians aside for those that worked in the service industry as domestic help. It was fashionable and common to have an "Oriental" gardener and a Negro maid. I am not sure were Mexican's fit in....I suspect they mostly still lived in Mexico. This was in the 1950's.

Beverly Hills 90210 aired from 1990 to 2000. Although Beverly Hills High was a public school, one had to live in the district to attend there. Surely, there were blacks, Latinos and Asians in Beverly Hills during this period. Some of them probably even worked in the industry. Seems the television show was a dishonest depiction of Beverly Hills High during those years. Are you sure there were no black, Asian or Latino extras in the show?

Occasionally you'd see one walking in the distance.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Seinfeld was funny. All the rest try to be funny. Terrible writing, the shows are about as stale a 2 month old bread.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Are you talking Main actors in Seinfeld  ??? there were several actors in seinfeld none however were the main characters

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Worked on little Santa Monica blvd in the early 90's. Saw more than enough Iranians and Saudi's , very into gold jewelry at that time, driving big buck benz's along Wilshire & Redeo. Also Jewish, so pretty much middle eastern influence. A few token blacks, though mostly very hot black women...usually some rich white man's current toy. Jewish men seem attracted to black or Asian women...I know I am and I'm not Jewish. The rich from Japan were there, put keeping a low profile..their nature I guess.

Never watch BH90210, so know nothing about the show. Beverly Hills is not totally rich. Some middle class, to lower class, living there. That zip code 90210 is highly valued by some people and will pay extra on rent, or a lease, even if the can't afford it, just to have that zip #.

I live with my uncles, above Melrose, at that time. Took a few weekend jobs there about 10 years ago, so BH's may have changed a bit..but I doubt it.
F

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Worked on little Santa Monica blvd in the early 90's. Saw more than enough Iranians and Saudi's , very into gold jewelry at that time, driving big buck benz's along Wilshire & Redeo. Also Jewish, so pretty much middle eastern influence. A few token blacks, though mostly very hot black women...usually some rich white man's current toy. Jewish men seem attracted to black or Asian women...I know I am and I'm not Jewish. The rich from Japan were there, put keeping a low profile..their nature I guess.

Never watch BH90210, so know nothing about the show. Beverly Hills is not totally rich. Some middle class, to lower class, living there. That zip code 90210 is highly valued by some people and will pay extra on rent, or a lease, even if the can't afford it, just to have that zip #.

I live with my uncles, above Melrose, at that time. Took a few weekend jobs there about 10 years ago, so BH's may have changed a bit..but I doubt it.

Great insight right there, thanks.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Bastardos racistas.

All non-white, straight males love big booty, natural blondes anyway.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.

Lower class?.. I never noticed any.  The taxes on homes there can be equivalent to 1 years average US income (40K).  You have to be uber-rich to live there.  I have been all over that area many times, never saw anyone who was needy or lacking, except maybe an occasional homeless person... the police usually clear them out in a hurry though.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
There are apartment building in BH's that serve less than affluent people.  Not talking Watt's lower class (though some parts of Watt's are fairly up sale middle class areas), talking BH's class.  As Mr. Anabolic seems to be on the upper scale of finances, he's entitled to his own views. Mr. Anavolic also seems to fall into the ultra rich class..God bless him for that.

As said before, quite a few folks sacrifice high rents, or leases, just for that zip number. And are living beyond their means when most of their money goes for rents. It's all about appearances in that part of LA...most of LA actually. So again, BH is not totally rich, another urban myth.
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
There are apartment building in BH's that serve less than affluent people.  Not talking Watt's lower class (though some parts of Watt's are fairly up sale middle class areas), talking BH's class.  As Mr. Anabolic seems to be on the upper scale of finances, he's entitled to his own views. Mr. Anavolic also seems to fall into the ultra rich class..God bless him for that.

As said before, quite a few folks sacrifice high rents, or leases, just for that zip number. And are living beyond their means when most of their money goes for rents. It's all about appearances in that part of LA...most of LA actually. So again, BH is not totally rich, another urban myth.

If that's true that's just fucking insane.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Lower class?.. I never noticed any.  The taxes on homes there can be equivalent to 1 years average US income (40K).  You have to be uber-rich to live there.  I have been all over that area many times, never saw anyone who was needy or lacking, except maybe an occasional homeless person... the police usually clear them out in a hurry though.

There are sections of Beverly Hills where there are apartments and small homes. From what I heard from a school psychologist who worked at Beverly Vista elementary school in the early 2000's, several Latino families live in one small apartment or home. I have no idea whether they are "low class" or not, but they probably aren't wealthy. Incidentally, money does not equate to being high class. Class is not something you can buy. You either have it or you don't. Think of Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber and the Kardasians. None of these people have any class, but they do have plenty of money.