Author Topic: Income tax just too damn high at 30 percent  (Read 7348 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Income tax just too damn high at 30 percent
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
You do realize that this chart refers to taxable income, meaning your net income after you take out all your deductions and credits and not your gross income?
no shit i already talked about the cost of building supplies, they still fucking kill profit even being deducted while paying 30 percent thats insane
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
no shit i already talked about the cost of building supplies, they still fucking kill profit even being deducted while paying 30 percent thats insane
Perhaps you aren't charging enough for your services then. I don't understand your equation. You say your spending your profits on supplies. Your profit is your net income less the cost of supplies. You should only be paying taxes on your net income. No profit = no income = no taxes.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
to be fair NC has sales tax up to 7.5% right? So on top of gas tax and all the other money you give to support welfare bums, illegals, DMV workers pensions and bombing brown people it comes up to about 30% at least.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »
You like learning, right? Here you go buddy:
https://www.mint.com/blog/planning/the-difference-between-marginal-and-effective-tax-rates-1212/

Great article! Unfortunately, many folks will ignore these facts because they don't further their argument about taxes. Since the beginning of time (tax time) folks have been complaining and sometimes rebelling against taxes. I hate paying taxes. What I hate more is reading that the U.S. has the worst/least maternity leave of any developed country, or that our healthcare system is subpar as compared to most other countries in the world. I guess it stands to reason, the U.S. was settled by people (our forefathers) who were rebelling against high taxes....and other things.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
Stop paying taxes. ALL TAX MONEY GOES TO HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR BARRACK AND CHENEY. 

Oh right!  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
Ok a few other fat fuck politicians get hookers and blow also.

And to think I passed on an opportunity to go into politics. Perhaps I should rethink this decision.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2014, 12:01:42 AM »
Obama gives out a great big belly laugh.
Yes we can .He chokes and sneezes at the same time, it is so funny and ends up with snot all over his hands.
He thinks well could be worse, and he laughs again

To keep BB related.
If Obama had a son who Bodybuild's he would be exactly like Phil Heath.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »
Half the world is working 100x harder just to keep alive in some corrugated tin shack.  Do your job and pay your taxes.  We have no idea how lucky we are.

Some major BS in this thread too.  Deductions are a thing which exist.  Also, post your tax thresholds.  You understand that not all your income tax is assessed at the top rate, right?  :-\

As if Falconne isn't working 4/5 jobs taco style.

What do you mean by this?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:22 AM »
Its 32 grand now? Fuck when did it drop from 42?

The eye roll was for the tax man not you.

But yes, they'll tell us all they've given us a tax break, in reality they will be making more money by lowering the 40% threshold from 33.2 to over 32...

Tony Blair paid 3% overall on the pile of millions he made (I believe over 30mil In one year) the Barclay brothers owners of the Ritz, have paid zero tax in the last god knows how many years via holding companies in the BVI's...etc.

So all in all, it comes to this...the lazy/can't be bothered to work/stitch the benefits systems wins, the elite wealthy wins and the hard working everyday Joe is hammered.
S

AmonRa

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »
PAYING TAXES = SLAVERY.

They take from your labor without having the right to do so.

Money for roads and shit you say? Most of the companies doing those kind of shits are private anyway.

Bottom line is = taxes = slavery.

Those who have the most money pay zero taxes.

Stop paying your taxes. It's ghey.

The system is never going to be changed until the elements in it get smarter.

Simple Simon

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:17 AM »
PAYING TAXES = SLAVERY.

Money for roads and shit you say? Most of the companies doing those kind of shits are private anyway.

its easy not to pay income tax, just dont work, or work hand to mouth.

AmonRa

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2014, 04:12:23 AM »
What a combo of broke ass crybabies and greedy fuckers over here...

I am in the top tax bracket, live in one of the more expensive states in the country and pay buttloads of capital gains both short and long term. It's a great life and you'll never hear me complain once about it. It's a mistake to look at what you spend it taxes and assume the you could get that extra money if only your taxes were lower. Most of you are too stupid to grasp the concepts behind that fact so I won't bother explaining.

You are nothing more than one happy slave who loves his slavery. Enjoy guy but u can't change it - slave.

Simple Simon

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:20 AM »
You are nothing more than one happy slave who loves his slavery. Enjoy guy but u can't change it - slave.

Which definition of slave are you using?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2014, 07:26:19 AM »
What do you mean by this?

The majority of his income is undeclared so I don't know what he griping about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
its easy not to pay income tax, just dont work, or work hand to mouth.

Clearly this is a choice one could make. Some folks take it a step further, they make so little money they actually qualify for public assistance, which is funded by, what else, other people's taxes. There are the have's and the have not's. There are the giver's and the taker's. Some people consciously chose the role they play, other folks inherit it.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
Clearly this is a choice one could make. Some folks take it a step further, they make so little money they actually qualify for public assistance, which is funded by, what else, other people's taxes. There are the have's and the have not's. There are the giver's and the taker's. Some people consciously chose the role they play, other folks inherit it.

...and the biggest TAKERS all live in a revolving door between the government and corporate world.

Simple Simon

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
If you want a decent life you have to work for the luxuries, I see my taxes funding fat fucks who have generations within families who never work, father to son and onwards.
Its the way of a civilised society, I could go and live in some back of beyond third world shit hole to avoid tax, but..you see where I'm going with it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »
If you want a decent life you have to work for the luxuries, I see my taxes funding fat fucks who have generations within families who never work, father to son and onwards.
Its the way of a civilised society, I could go and live in some back of beyond third world shit hole to avoid tax, but..you see where I'm going with it.

It comforts me to know that people on the dole are not happy people, despite appearances to the contrary.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
It comforts me to know that people on the dole are not happy people, despite appearances to the contrary.

A lot of my workmates grumble about dole dwellers when they look at their payslips and the amount of tax paid. I say let them be, their choice to live on benefits means they will get nowhere in life and have fuck all to leave to their kids and leaves the few available jobs for the people that actually want them.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »
I have long religiously maxed out all tax-advantaged retirement plans I have been eligible to participate in each year when I have been eligible for each type of plan or combination of plans - 401k, IRA, SEP.

I gladly pay a CPA a few bucks to do my taxes, and write off anything I possibly can. If there is an issue with deductions or anything else according to the crooks at the IRS, the CPA deals with it - not me.

I also have a chunk of money in a tax deferred variable annuity that I contribute a few bucks to each year, and generally keep at least a little in tax-free muni bonds. I will put more into munis when I retire and need the income, and will start to draw on the annuity and the retirement accounts in about 15 years.

If you have a Roth 401k option (after-tax dollars) at work, contribute to that. And if your household income is below the income limit for a Roth IRA, do this also.

Otherwise, the tax-deferred traditional 401k and IRA are also good for at least putting the taxes off and lowering your current taxable income level. And when you start paying taxes on those tax-deferred accounts after retirement, your overall taxable income may be lower than it was when you were working, perhaps putting you into a lower tax bracket.
A

Complex Carbs

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
PAYING TAXES = SLAVERY.

There are laws which allow the government to collect taxes, you thick twat.

How is a government supposed to be financed in your world?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
Brought to you by Fox News   ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »
You are claiming all of those things on your taxes right? (Tools and what not)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:42 PM »
Oh so you think until it does crumble. At that point, you'll be whining about government not doing anything.

Not a chance.  I'll enjoy Jefferson's 'dangerous freedom'.

"Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing.
Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Jefferson to James Madison, January 30, 1787