Author Topic: If Facebook was taken down...  (Read 4729 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: If Facebook was taken down...
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
Facebook is a disease.  It's not social.  It's a government data base.  Stay away from it.

Don't forget the market research. I stopped using it before ads existed.

Remember when youtube didn't have ads? Ah, the old days.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
Not on Facebook. Joined in 2006, never posted, I hate people generally and kept getting nailed by being tagged in photos with other women. Quit it in 2009, never since visited it.

Whenever my gf shows me something on it all I see are people trying to sell shit or posting pics of food or them pretending to have a good night/love their partner.

If I do market research I like to get paid for it.

Exactly, if something is free you can rest assure that you are the product.

oh, wait...  :o

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »
From a business sense it would suck.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
I remember MySpace. The internets has created the need and possibility for average people to be noticed.

We will never go back now.
O

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »
Would the population of western civilisation under the age of 50 go into meltdown...

I mean where else could generation nothingness post their selfies?

Dude, I would LOVE it if Facebook permanently crashed. 95% of the population under 30 years old would have mental breakdowns within hours. It would resemble 28 Days Later. There would be mass suicides. A LOT of people checking themselves into hospitals for treatment of withdrawal like symptoms.

I would be LAUGHING the whole fucking time realizing that the minority of the population would have seen this coming and would be immune to it.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 11:39:47 PM »
I only use it for communication with personal real life friends.

You're part of the problem. If they are your REAL friends, pick up a fucking phone and call them.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
You're part of the problem. If they are your REAL friends, pick up a fucking phone and call them.

Yep, even a text or email will suffice.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »
People have lost Jobs because of Facebook. saw it on TV here where a stupid Bitch wrote her self off sick from work and went on Holidays and then posted her snap shots in Facebook ! ??? someone saw it and she got fired.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 01:01:38 AM »
Would not mean shit to me!!

:- :-*....

x2

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:46 AM »
i have a facebook,to read the funny stuff posted,and some news,because some of them are faster than the media lol
T

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 04:24:37 AM »
Some of you sound fukkin old...

Geez, like facebook is some kind of possession or a "thing" that controls you. Get the fuck out of the middle ages before it's too late (at least in a sense of your mind/point of view).

There are two reasons people doesn't have FB - they're old or they hate the fact they can't project a "better" life than their "friends". Some exceptions too, but these are the main two.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 04:38:21 AM »
I've got a FB account mainly because it makes it easier to organize events and gatherings.
Of course, only around 5% of my "friends" on FB are genuine friends, the rest are just people I know with the odd schmoe here and there. :D

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
I hope it does go down.  Those greedy little pigs already have too much money and power.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Dude, I would LOVE it if Facebook permanently crashed. 95% of the population under 30 years old would have mental breakdowns within hours. It would resemble 28 Days Later. There would be mass suicides. A LOT of people checking themselves into hospitals for treatment of withdrawal like symptoms.

I would be LAUGHING the whole fucking time realizing that the minority of the population would have seen this coming and would be immune to it.

I should set up a business to treat social media addicts. Those retards would pay for anything.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
I remember MySpace. The internets has created the need and possibility for average people to be noticed.

We will never go back now.

Who the fucking hell cares about being noticed???? I can live a trillion years and NEVER EVER understand this need to be adored by complete fucking strangers. I make over 200k a year in salary, the business I invested in as silent partner cleared over 26k this month in profit and by next December will have turnover in access of two million. I donate to 3 animal charities and just bought a 2013 SUV. I also bought 3 plots in a new development with my business partners and those will throw off a million in two years

Do I mention any of this to anyone? Not even to my parents.  No, because I totally,  truly and utterly don't give a fuck if anyone knows I'm on the up and up. And if I lose it all by overreaching myself,  nobody will know either.

Attention whores. Have-nothing whores. Average, instantly forgettable people use it to attention whore. I understood Facebook in 2007. It makes no sense in 2014

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »
Who the fucking hell cares about being noticed???? I can live a trillion years and NEVER EVER understand this need to be adored by complete fucking strangers. I make over 200k a year in salary, the business I invested in as silent partner cleared over 26k this month in profit and by next December will have turnover in access of two million. I donate to 3 animal charities and just bought a 2013 SUV. I also bought 3 plots in a new development with my business partners and those will throw off a million in two years

Do I mention any of this to anyone? Not even to my parents.  No, because I totally,  truly and utterly don't give a fuck if anyone knows I'm on the up and up. And if I lose it all by overreaching myself,  nobody will know either.

Attention whores. Have-nothing whores. Average, instantly forgettable people use it to attention whore. I understood Facebook in 2007. It makes no sense in 2014

could the self marketing in facebook today be a modern day version of animal kingdom where all the animals are shouting out to get noticed by the alpha females and alpha males. Like a modern day version of spreading your pheromone and getting noticed.

That's what animals do right? Me me me me me, I'm the boss, I'm the boss, I'm so great, look at me, I want pussy, look at my new finger nails even though my tits make 80% of the picture, like me, want me... look at these other 30 pictures I uploaded even though I don't get money from it, but I have a chance to get noticed by people and make them want me and want to be me, yeah.... that's animal behavior, we aren't so evolved.

people still go berserk for an activity where few people are chasing a ball, and feel like it's necessary to them to take part in the killing afterwards.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »

*likes*

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
could the self marketing in facebook today be a modern day version of animal kingdom where all the animals are shouting out to get noticed by the alpha females and alpha males. Like a modern day version of spreading your pheromone and getting noticed.

That's what animals do right? Me me me me me, I'm the boss, I'm the boss, I'm so great, look at me, I want pussy, look at my new finger nails even though my tits make 80% of the picture, like me, want me... look at these other 30 pictures I uploaded even though I don't get money from it, but I have a chance to get noticed by people and make them want me and want to be me, yeah.... that's animal behavior, we aren't so evolved.

people still go berserk for an activity where few people are chasing a ball, and feel like it's necessary to them to take part in the killing afterwards.

You know many posters here train, take gear and diet right?  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
You know many posters here train, take gear and diet right?  ;D

yeah totally, you don't even have to be in facebook to want to be noticed, feared, respected and desired

but doing the facebook thing is not for everyone, not because one doesn't have a life, but because one doesn't have the need to show off

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
yeah totally, you don't even have to be in facebook to want to be noticed, feared, respected and desired

but doing the facebook thing is not for everyone, not because one doesn't have a life, but because one doesn't have the need to show off

I remember my gf showed me some posts her "friend" (some snide bitch I never trusted) made along the lines of "My boyfriend got me this or that, I love him so much blah blah blah". All the time you'd see the same shit, as if she was trying to convince herself. Once, my girlfriend said I could do more etc etc (I'm not on FB as I said).

I made the point that we were happy together and knew it, so why tell people? That's looking for validation because you don't know if you are happy. Anyway, long story short,  that girl got engaged, 2 months before wedding she found out fiance was fucking a waitress in bar where they both worked. She broke up with him, he has subsequently become a fast bastard and got waitress pregnant and she over dieted (fear she couldn't get another man I guess).

Same thing is happening all over FB. This is the life I want YOU to believe I have. Don't YOU think I am happy? Keep trying to convince yourself....

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »
I remember my gf showed me some posts her "friend" (some snide bitch I never trusted) made along the lines of "My boyfriend got me this or that, I love him so much blah blah blah". All the time you'd see the same shit, as if she was trying to convince herself. Once, my girlfriend said I could do more etc etc (I'm not on FB as I said).

I made the point that we were happy together and knew it, so why tell people? That's looking for validation because you don't know if you are happy. Anyway, long story short,  that girl got engaged, 2 months before wedding she found out fiance was fucking a waitress in bar where they both worked. She broke up with him, he has subsequently become a fast bastard and got waitress pregnant and she over dieted (fear she couldn't get another man I guess).

Same thing is happening all over FB. This is the life I want YOU to believe I have. Don't YOU think I am happy? Keep trying to convince yourself....

solid post

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 05:46:58 PM »
solid post

True, but I meant he became fat not fast  ;D

Another friend of my gf will post pics of her on a night out with friends who ignore her when she whinges about her depression or relationship. Yeah, good friends.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 06:06:05 PM »
True, but I meant he became fat not fast  ;D

Another friend of my gf will post pics of her on a night out with friends who ignore her when she whinges about her depression or relationship. Yeah, good friends.

I got the fat part  :D

but man that's all too normal, my ex showed me what her friends do in their facebooks. Everyone going out, everyone hyping up. And it's important to post pictures of before partying, while partying and after partying. They even posted pictures taken in a train, after 4'am where she was puking inside a macdonalds bag.

everything has to be posted. this same chick I'm telling you about has her profile picture changed every other moment.

and it's sad that people surround themselves by people only to seem socially accepted, it's not good for you.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
I got the fat part  :D

but man that's all too normal, my ex showed me what her friends do in their facebooks. Everyone going out, everyone hyping up. And it's important to post pictures of before partying, while partying and after partying. They even posted pictures taken in a train, after 4'am where she was puking inside a macdonalds bag.

everything has to be posted. this same chick I'm telling you about has her profile picture changed every other moment.

and it's sad that people surround themselves by people only to seem socially accepted, it's not good for you.

I understand my gf uses FB to communicate with her family, they are in Brazil she is in Ireland with me, but aside from that I think she hates it.

I find it amazing when you see guys openly selling steroids on FB. Maybe they think posting in Portuguese makes it ok  ???

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »
I understand my gf uses FB to communicate with her family, they are in Brazil she is in Ireland with me, but aside from that I think she hates it.

I find it amazing when you see guys openly selling steroids on FB. Maybe they think posting in Portuguese makes it ok  ???

they are in portugal tho? steroids are legal in portugal, you don't need any prescription for it. but yeah could seem out of the ordinary to read that shit in ireland   ;D